Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Mod friendly dealers in TX??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mod friendly dealers in TX??

I'm thinking about an Edge box and gauges for my truck that I've owned for 1 week. I've been reading on here for about a month, and with all the talk of voiding the warranty with any mods, I was wondering if anyone knows of a dealer in central TX that doesn't look real hard for traces of a box and such. This truck just turned 40K...100K is a long time to wait for the first "bomb".
Old 02-18-2004, 03:40 PM
Banned

You could get away with gauge, exhaust, and intake. My dealer here in houston tried to void my warranty with just gauges. I fought him on that and won. Then another one tried to void my warranty cause he said my fuel pump was causing my cruise control not to work and was causing the truck to surge. I read him the right act and took it to another one and they fixed it right up. It really just depends.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:20 AM

I don't have anything else but the Power Puck and I just take it out. They see that the void sticker is gone on my pump but, as long as the puck is gone they don't care. It is all up to the dealer. Under my warranty they have replaced
1 Lift Pump 30k
1 Turbo 60k
1 Oil Pan Gasket 87k
Old 02-19-2004, 11:31 AM

I usually just take my computer off and the tech's just smile at me when I leave. Two places I've dealt with have been very good to me on not questioning my mod's. The one time a mod caused a problem the service writer told me he would only charge me a small fee and let me fix the issue myself.

Manuel Dodge was decent to me but it did take them 4 tries to install a seal on my front axle correctly.

I'm sure there are some guys on this board who have friends in the business or themselves techs. I know about a year ago I bought an Edge box from a tech out past Weatherfurd west of Ft. Worth. He said that if I had any issues give him a call.

-CM
Old 02-19-2004, 05:58 PM

You guys better watch out, I'm sure there's someone about to jump in here and call us all criminals for cheating Dodge out of warranty work. Most places, if you take off your box, they won't give you any trouble. They just don't want something stareing them blatently in the face. Of course, some places will tell you your warranty is void for installing aftermarket floormats! I asked first about an exhaust system, if they are ok with that, then you're going the right direction. I hear now that they have software that can go deep enough to show if parameters have been exceeded, which pretty much means you've got a box or programmer. So, if they want to go deep enough, they can find out now. Or at least that's what I hear.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:12 AM

I have been calling around.

I called several dealers in Texas, and got several different answers. Hoyte in Sherman said they were aware of what was going on and would not cause any problems for the customers as long as the box was removed when the truck got there. You kind of have to feel them out individually and decide who you want to deal with. Some are far easier to deal with.