Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Just installed Powermax Comp w Drag comp (in EZ Mode)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CTD2001
From the little bit that i have used my truck with the TST on it, i like the TST way better. I will probably hold on to my Drag Comp just in case at any point either one crap out on me and i send it back to get fixed i wont be with out any type of box
you make a very very good point. i am going to let my DRAG comp stay in the classifieds for the rest of this week. if no offers then i am just going to keep it and buy a TSTcomp. i have heard people saying that the DRAG comp alone is better than the TSTcomp/Smarty stack but i just cant seem to fathem a 120hp box(DRAG) being better than a TST(180hp)/Smarty(60hp) combo. i am going to do if for sure now. your the proof i needed. thanks CTD2001
Old 08-01-2006, 09:26 PM

In the classifieds over on turbodieselregister.com, there is a TST powermax comp box for sale in the classifieds that is for a 01, but i believe with the wiring harnesses that these come with, for twenty bucks you can buy the appropriate map sensor kit and change it out. My harness came with and 02 map sensor and i called TST and they sent me and 01 map sensor. Just a thought.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CTD2001
In the classifieds over on turbodieselregister.com, there is a TST powermax comp box for sale in the classifieds that is for a 01, but i believe with the wiring harnesses that these come with, for twenty bucks you can buy the appropriate map sensor kit and change it out. My harness came with and 02 map sensor and i called TST and they sent me and 01 map sensor. Just a thought.
can you tell me how much it is and so on, i dont know how to become a member of TDR and i really want a TSTcomp bad. if it will work for a 99 and all i have to do is get the updated harness then i am sold.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Banned

never mind i just subscribed to it. now i have to wait for my user name and password to be sent to me. is the TDR as good as this site?
Old 08-01-2006, 10:29 PM

Im running the TST comp with my catcher and Jammer 5s, and even with the stock hx thet truck runs awesome, I have no complaints with it, with the box on I get less smoke than without, and the power is awesome, twins are next
Old 08-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Banned

I'm running a TST for a 99 truck on my 01. I just bought a new harness (unneccasry but the other one was pretty torn up) and a MAP adapter and all is well.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:46 AM
KVD

Ok big blue, you don't have the comp version do you??

If so, how much of a difference is there in the drag comp and a plan ole TST box??

I've heard that comp verison of the TST gives you that top end shudder and it's not really needed.

My buddy had the EZ/TST pm3 stack and it was awesome for one pull.Then the clutch, headgasket, and injector seals went out.Out came the chips and he sold the truck the next day for more than he gave for it and drove it a year.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Banned

hey CTD, just wanted to hear some feedback from this last weekend. wondering if yo got some seat time in your truck and feel me in some more on this setup.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:58 PM

yeah i did get some more seat time over the weekend, i am still amazed at how much power it makes. Lots of power and less smoke. I took my buddy for a ride he he could not believe the difference between the TST and the Comp. He said that the new box made the Drag comp look silly. This box sits you back in the seat alot harder then the Drag comp did. All in all, i am happy with it, i want to get to the dyno and track soon. Did you get yours yet?
Old 08-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Banned

just ordered it. should be here friday at the latest. i cant wait. so TST VS. DRAG comp, TST wins huh? i just dont understand one thing. how is it a FUEL only box, gives you more of a SOP feeling, and you get less SMOKE?i thought more smoke equals more fuel and power to be made?
Old 08-09-2006, 12:22 AM

With my TST off I get a good amount of smoke with the 5s, turn the box on 1-2 and it is a noticible amount of less smoke, I think what is happening is that because it spools quicker it clears up the smoke that much faster
Old 08-09-2006, 12:33 AM

How does the TST Comp perform against the Redline box? I am debating getting the TST Comp box and stacking it with my drag comp in ez mode, or getting the Redline box and stacking it with my drag comp in ez mode. That is if the Redline is all fuel and no timing, which I believe is right. I am wanting to get in to sled pulling and was told by Brad Ingrams father in law at a pull in Owensville that I should get a Redline Box to get some more RPM's. I know that I will probably need to get stronger valve springs and whatever else I need to run that high of RPM's.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Banned

i think you are right. the REDLINE is the highest most aggresive hp box available. then would have to be the FMS box then from what i am being told the TSTcomp box, then the DRAG comp box and so on. the only thing is the REDLINE is VERY VERY high in price
Old 08-09-2006, 12:43 AM
Banned

hey CTD, i almost forgot, congrats on the truck of the month. very nice pics. love the smoke pic.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:02 AM

Does anybody know what all the Redline does? Is it all fuel or does it have some timing also? I can't seem to find it on Blue Chip's website. Anybody have a Redline? If so how do you like it?

Quick Reply: Just installed Powermax Comp w Drag comp (in EZ Mode)