Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Juice w/ att or Smarty and gauges

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 11:20 PM
GFB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Juice w/ att or Smarty and gauges

Juice w/ attitude or Smarty and install boost, pyro, and fuel pressure

Both options will probably end up costing about the same. Which would you recommend and why? Thanks for the input.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:54 AM

You must have done the same research I did. I think I will go with gauges and the smarty. I can do it gauges first and smarty later to spread out the cost.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:16 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I went for the Jucie w/ attitude. I tow a fair bit and wanted the on the fly adjustability, also I like having all the guages in one neat package vs drilling holes all over to mount guages and run wires.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by cLAYH
I went for the Jucie w/ attitude. I tow a fair bit and wanted the on the fly adjustability, also I like having all the guages in one neat package vs drilling holes all over to mount guages and run wires.

I tow and tote my cabover camper a lot too. The "on the fly" adjustability of the Juice is a very nice option.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:48 AM

Or you can do both, I did and love it. Prolly cheaper in the long run to do edge first than smarty. I did other way around, cuz I was gonna get a TST to stack with the Smarty instead, but found a good deal on JWA.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:08 PM

I bought a Juice w/ Attitude but I look the look of gauges better so the Attitude monitor is moving to the steering column and three gauges are being mounted, only reason is I'm getting a good deal on some my friend never used on his 12 valve because he just traded it for a common rail.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:04 PM

both options do not cost the same, the juice has more safe guards and HP and will cost much less than smarty with guages especialy after you add up all the guages you need.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:45 PM

Alright here is the deal... I pull a Tandem axle trailer to farm shows,but at the same time do more day to day driving than anything. I am needing more power for my 99 and have been looking and reading so much information on smarties and juice I really dont know which way to go. I don't like the idea of 3 gauges up the A pillar, and like the idea of everything in one sleek package. Please someone give me an idea on what is the best....SMARTY and gauges, or JUICE with Attitude. Also while towing what setting do you pull in. Thanks for the information...
Old 04-23-2007, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by lasure13
Alright here is the deal... I pull a Tandem axle trailer to farm shows,but at the same time do more day to day driving than anything. I am needing more power for my 99 and have been looking and reading so much information on smarties and juice I really dont know which way to go. I don't like the idea of 3 gauges up the A pillar, and like the idea of everything in one sleek package. Please someone give me an idea on what is the best....SMARTY and gauges, or JUICE with Attitude. Also while towing what setting do you pull in. Thanks for the information...
I just installed my JWA 2 days ago, so I am no expert, but I would think most people tow in the tow setting (#2) on the JWA. I think Juice is the way to go for you because you could on the fly adjust your settings between driving and towing. Plus you get the benefits of automatic protection from high egt, turbo boost and a host of other parameters. I got mine brand new from Ebay for $350.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:25 PM

I vote j/a i love it on the fly adjusting all the safe guards and all the guages in one package sold me on it. I also tapped my pump and have not had a problem with it in over 50000 miles. some have a problem with the pump going out after they install it.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:48 PM

Thanks for the information, however what type of power gains are you seeing on level 2. I know that the edge has upto 5 power settings, has anyone been doing any pulling of trailers on a setting higher than that of 2?
Old 04-23-2007, 08:54 PM

Level 0: Stock
Level 1: 40 Horsepower - 150 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 2: 60 Horsepower - 200 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 3: 80 Horsepower - 250 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 4: 100 Horsepower - 300 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 5: 120 Horsepower - 350 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 6: 120 Horsepower - 350 Foot Pounds of Torque*

mine is on 5x5 all the time i tow an 18' trailer with my jeep on it but i dont know about pulling anything heavier than that like a 5er. i would turn it down if i towed a heavy load
Old 04-23-2007, 08:56 PM

oh i forgot the 6th level is an option you have to buy ontop of the unit itself. i dont have it so i cant tell you too much about it except it is supposed to be more agressive. here is the link to the website it has all the info there

http://www.edgeproducts.com/product.php?pk=52&pvk=142
Old 04-23-2007, 08:58 PM

i dont have a jwa but i had a comp which is similar,theres no real comparison between the jwa and the smarty,they are way diferent and its hard to compare the 2.the comp {or jwa}will net you way more bang for the buck,i would get the jwa and look for a used smarty later on if you think you still need one,i may even be selling mine soon when i find the 3rd gen im looking for,
Old 04-23-2007, 09:11 PM

Thanks for all of the information guys...It looks as if I will be looking for one of these in the near future.

How hard was the install on this? Or is it better to have TST performance do the install? If a guy was to install this how long did it take?

Quick Reply: Juice w/ att or Smarty and gauges