Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Its about to start

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its about to start

A pillar, guages (pyro, boost, fuel), and injectors arrived about an hour ago! My EZ should be here in the next day or so. I'll try to post pictures of work in progression.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:48 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re:Its about to start

Bomb alert!!!!!!! ;D<br>Good luck on your mods!
Old 10-15-2002, 08:05 PM

bkay,<br> Which injectors did you get?<br>
Old 10-15-2002, 08:45 PM

what kind of transmission, manuel or auto? Have fun!!!<br><br>Andrew
Old 10-15-2002, 09:55 PM

Lets see some pictures of the 98 model dropped off the rack. I gotta see that. If you do have any pics<br>
Old 10-16-2002, 01:29 PM

RV275 INJECTORS. 5 speed. Don't have any picture of the '98 or any picture of the green dakota that was underneath it
Old 10-16-2002, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the green Dakota owner get a new vehicle as well?<br><br><br>phox
Old 10-16-2002, 03:05 PM

you know I never asked.
Old 10-16-2002, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do, ask if they have pics.<br>I'm thinking they would, for insurance purposes anyway.<br><br>Suggest they put it in the service department training manual,<br>&quot;How not to operate a lift&quot;<br><br><br>phox<br>
Old 10-16-2002, 03:28 PM

Let me tell the whole story. Noticed that the rear axel seal was leaking on my '98.5 took it in to Bossier Dodge in Bryan, Texas. Was under warranty, went back in two days later to get something out of my truck. Went to the bay where the work was taking place and they were reusing my original brake shoe that had been oil soaked. They &quot;cleaned&quot; them with brake cleaner. Called later in the day to come get the truck. I asked about the original brake lining, was told that it was Dodge policy to clean not replace. Two weeks later notice oil leaking again. Took the truck back in told them what was wrong, told the jerk, uh I mean the service writer that I didn't want a halfa$$ job done this time I wanted the brake linings replaced since this is the second time thay have been oil soaked. he proceeded to get mouthy and told me they would replace what they wanted. So I asked where the service manager was at and was told &quot;if you want him go find him yourself&quot;. I did!!! After giving him an ear full I decided I would take the truck somewhere else. I contacted Dodge, boy they got an earfull also. They asked which dealer I would like to take my truck to. So it went to Henson in Madisonville, Tx. (good dealer as far as I am concerned). Get the truck in pull the drum the seal looks like they installed it with a double bit axe and a center punch, crap no wonder it was leaking again. They replaced brake shoes on both sides. I get a call at work from the service manager. &quot;I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that we got your truck fixed, the bad news is that it rolled of the rack onto another truck.&quot; After getting through laughing I asked about the damage, &quot;well it wil take at least two weeks to fix&quot;. So we started into negotiations on the price of a new truck. I will add that if you have dealings with Bossier you need vaseline. They tried to beat me out of an injector pump on my '90 (Henson warranted that for me also) they painted it under warranty, TERRIBLE job had to repaint it again, installed the wrong brake shoes on the rear axle. These guys are crooks that don't know their butt from a whole in the ground. Live and learn.