Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

injectors?fbd,coaltrain,used m3's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
injectors?fbd,coaltrain,used m3's?

i am lookin at putting smaller injectors in.i currently have mach 6's in truck and am happy with there reliability and driveability but they get too hot with my small 62/14 turbo.anyone have a lot of miles on there fbd or coaltrain injectors?wondering on there reliabilty they are great prices compared to f1's or ddp's.what is the difference in the injectors? are they all remaned stock injectors with there own tips?
thanks scott
Old 01-25-2009, 03:59 PM

I have coal train 150s in my and like them.Not alot of miles on them yet.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Avoid ANYTHING by by FBD....biggest liar I have come across on the Internet involved in diesel performance.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:22 PM

Aint that the truth....
Old 01-25-2009, 04:42 PM

who is fbd???
Old 01-25-2009, 06:19 PM

i was talking about gus at farm boy diesel.i have only heard good things about him on cumminsforum.com.what problems have u guys had with him?
scott
Old 01-25-2009, 06:35 PM

oh yea their is a lot of trash talking by them towards a lot of diesel shops out here on the west cost. i havnt heard that much good stuff about them from anyone out this way. no personal experience but just hearsay.but i do hear they have i nice vp44 truck.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:20 AM

I've never had any personal exchanges with FBD or anyone at FBD, but Gus seems to be alright from the posts I've seen of his on CompD... and his truck puts down some big power for a VP44 truck.

I didn't even know FBD offered their own injectors... but theres plenty of other choices.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:41 AM

The way I understand it pretty much all the vendors that sell injectors under their own name get them from the same places. I've not really heard bad about any of them.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by powermad
who is fbd???
Real snake in the grass, worst Internet Vendor I have come across on this forum. He was banned from this forum for sending spam through our PM system in an attempt to bolster his sales. He then called me on the phone and BEGGED me to "please please please let him back on the forum, he did not mean to do it, it was a misunderstanding, and it will never ever happen again I promise!".

I told him I would let him know after I thought about it awhile but before I could contact him he registered under another name and DID IT AGAIN!. We are talking well over a hundred spam pm's sent out by him. Thats NO MISTAKE.

Lots of good honest Vendors out there folks, no need to buy from the dishonest ones.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:20 AM

Gus has made friends with some of the moderaters on Cummins Forum and they protect him, if anyone says anything negative about him they delete the post. If you think he is a good guy talk to Olee Poole, at Power by Poole.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by 98.5Hotrod
Gus has made friends with some of the moderaters on Cummins Forum and they protect him, if anyone says anything negative about him they delete the post. If you think he is a good guy talk to Olee Poole, at Power by Poole.
No offense man, and I'll hold my tounge about Gus per Larry's request but you cant really judge off of Olee, He's about one of the worst I've come across.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:37 PM

I know of a few situations as well - but I wont elaborate. There are LOTS of good vendors why use someone like that?
Old 02-08-2009, 12:46 PM

Coal train has my vote. I have their 150's in my truck as well as their tranny, exhaust, vp 44 etc. My first dealings with them was awesome..bought an exhaust from them and it showed up the next day. Mark and Richard are two great guys. I managed to blow up my tranny and got a price from them so i went ahead and pulled the trigger on a tranny from them. Truck turn around time was 3 days (backorded billet flexplate). Awesome tranny. I then got my AD 150 from them and showed up next day. Then i bought a Vp-44 from them and they installed it for 75 bucks! I then ordered 150hp injectors and showed up next day. I wish i would have went with the 240's because after i bought the sticks i figured that i want to do twins instead of a large single.

There is a reason i have spent over $5200.00 with them.

OH YEAH EDIT: Coaltrain makes their own injectors in house. Mark hand builds them then pop tests them. Mark is so addicted to sending quality parts its scary.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by mahdey
Coal train has my vote. I have their 150's in my truck as well as their tranny, exhaust, vp 44 etc. My first dealings with them was awesome..bought an exhaust from them and it showed up the next day. Mark and Richard are two great guys. I managed to blow up my tranny and got a price from them so i went ahead and pulled the trigger on a tranny from them. Truck turn around time was 3 days (backorded billet flexplate). Awesome tranny. I then got my AD 150 from them and showed up next day. Then i bought a Vp-44 from them and they installed it for 75 bucks! I then ordered 150hp injectors and showed up next day. I wish i would have went with the 240's because after i bought the sticks i figured that i want to do twins instead of a large single.

There is a reason i have spent over $5200.00 with them.

OH YEAH EDIT: Coaltrain makes their own injectors in house. Mark hand builds them then pop tests them. Mark is so addicted to sending quality parts its scary.
I didnt know they EDM'd their own tips and assembled in house. I wont say I'd never buy from them, If the price was better their I'd be stupid not to. I've spent thousands and thousands as well and will probly spend thousands more. It seems like from all above posts you will be fine with the best price you can get.

Quick Reply: injectors?fbd,coaltrain,used m3's?