Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Infinity System Front Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Infinity System Front Speakers

My Driver's side door speaker died.

When I pulled to panel off to investigate, I saw the infamous power amplifier built onto the speaker's frame.

Is there a good aftermarket replacement/upgrade front door speaker(s) designed for the Infinity system?
I like the stock Infinity system.
I don't want to have to rewire the whole sound system.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same one go on me a few months back. I went and bought a pair of 3-way, Sony Explode's for about $80. as for the little amp. I took a couple of zip ties and went trough the screw holes in it and around the metal frame of the speaker. I also wrapped one around the magnet to keep the amp. toward the middle. I had to clip the ends of the wires on the amp to put on the new wire/ends for the sony's. they are noticably smaller.
I really like the Infinity system that came with my truck, and i think these speakers work great with it. the only complaint i have is with it being a 3-way it has more sound which kinda drowns out the bump of the bass on those good heavy songs.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check out Crutchfield on line, if you find what you want there you will get all the help you need to get it working. Great costumer support.

Floyd