Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

How's this for High performance aftermarket????

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 05:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:How's this for High performance aftermarket????

[quote author=Mark_Kendrick link=board=7;threadid=12832;start=75#126584 date=1050006537]<br>a 24V with just a little coaxing will turn 36-3700 rpm in OD and with 3.54 gears top out near 130mph.<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>What kind of coaxing? By the time I get there, I will have 35&quot; tires with 3.54 gears which will reduce the gears to like 3.23 or so. So wouldn't I top out even high than 130?
Old 04-10-2003, 05:26 PM

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=7;threadid=12832;start=90#126606 date=1050013421]<br>
<br><br>What kind of coaxing? By the time I get there, I will have 35&quot; tires with 3.54 gears which will reduce the gears to like 3.23 or so. So wouldn't I top out even high than 130?<br>[/quote]<br><br>5, 6 spd or auto?
Old 04-10-2003, 05:30 PM
Banned

Slushbox :'(
Old 04-10-2003, 05:33 PM

Blue, I have 315's and topped the rollers of at 136 at 3400rpm ;D.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:37 PM
Banned

;D
Old 04-10-2003, 05:43 PM

Mark mind telling me how to hit 3700rpm.... 150mph sounds fun .
Old 04-10-2003, 05:56 PM

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=7;threadid=12832;start=90#126615 date=1050013818]<br>Slushbox :'(<br>[/quote]<br><br>on 2000-2--2 trucks cut the white/orange wire in the harness that goes to the the engine.<br><br>Manual trucks have to use a switch... it's the feedback for the cruise control on a manual.<br><br>
Old 04-10-2003, 06:19 PM

I thought that was just the speed (mph) limiter and not the rpm limiter???
Old 04-10-2003, 06:41 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I thought that was the VSS wire...vehicle speed sensor.<br>I would prefer to unplug it from the connection instead of cutting it. Undo the white connector and pull the wire out of the back of the plug. ;D
Old 04-10-2003, 09:28 PM
Banned

will unpluging this wire hurt anything?
Old 04-10-2003, 10:06 PM

I have an 01 five speed so where do I have to put the switch in at, how high with the rpms run befor you start causing damage? Thanks, Heath
Old 04-10-2003, 10:25 PM
Banned

Hey Kurt-I think you need to go back to the library and re-read the book you got this info from. Those formulas look pretty impressive and all,but come on!! Do you have any idea of what kind pressure is on the rod bearings on a stock motor?? Let alone with twice or more the air!! And you honestly don't think that high timing kills longevitiy?? And I'm not talking 16-18 degrees!
Old 04-11-2003, 12:59 AM

Bull wagon,

Where did I say that excessive timing does not effect longevity??? I am going to answer this post then If you want to continue this topic it would be better in it's own thread. I will be happy to continue this discussion. Maybe I am wrong but do you just like to argue any point?

I will agree that too much timing is destructive and in my HUMBLE :opinion not a bright Idea. Having the maximum cylnder pressure occur too early in the Crank stroke puts unnecessary pressure on the piston, Rod, Crank and headgasket to name a few. You will see much greater power increases by rolling the timing back to a reasonable setting and adding More Boost. Boost will enable you to add Horsepower and Torque in MUCH Greater amounts while letting you keep most of your Long Term Durability.

If you applied advanced Timing to GAS Engines that are turbo charged you would not last but maybe one run. Why because it would cause Detonation. Which one way to look at it is to much cylnder Pressure too fast and too early. We are lucky with our diesel because we don't really have problems with detonation unless adding something like propane.

Now what I am focusing on is high boost pressures. They are a &quot;Power Load&quot; and Power loads Do not put near the increased load on engine componets as most people think. Much less than some less experianced people like to believe.

Adding RPM which is another Popular way to increase HP#'s does increase inertial loads at greater amounts than some of the same less experianced people like to believe.

Now you can read it here or go to the &quot;Library&quot; Or don't believe a word of what I say. There must be someone with real experiance that you believe please go ask them.

So Basically what I am saying is the best way to get great amounts of power is by adding Boost. Yes do add a little timing if you are not planning on going for the bigger HP# and torque Numbers. For most street trucks sometiming wakes them right up.

As for the &quot;Formulas&quot; I use. They are right out of a book!
They have a saying about people that don't use what has been learned in the past.

&quot;Maximum Boost&quot; One of the best books on Turbocharging that I own. It does mainly deal with Turbocharging Gasser's but alot of the info applies to any combustion engine.

Knowing this is one of your favorite questions I will ask it for you. ;D
Does the Author have any experiance in HP,Torque,Boost and Longevity. I would say that Corky Bell and the 2 Dozen other Big Names in Engine Performance with credits in that particular Publication have more experiance then even you might question... Then again maybe I am wrong.

Its hard for me to answer your posts without wanting to be Real antagonistic because &quot;To Me&quot; it seems like you want to question or disagree with many people that just want to share generally good info.

I guess I have to ask.... Just where do you get all your &quot;Experience&quot; From?

P.s. Sorry for all the Bad Grammer, spelling and typo's . It's late and I real tired.

Notice to Moderator: Is it possible to Move the related posts in this thread to a new thread. I feel they are getting pretty far off topic?... Thx Kurt

Old 04-11-2003, 10:36 AM
Banned

[quote author=Mark_Kendrick link=board=7;threadid=12832;start=90#126632 date=1050015406]<br>[quote author=BigBlue link=board=7;threadid=12832;start=90#126615 date=1050013818]<br>Slushbox :'(<br>[/quote]<br><br>on 2000-2--2 trucks cut the white/orange wire in the harness that goes to the the engine.<br><br>Manual trucks have to use a switch... it's the feedback for the cruise control on a manual.<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Where are these two wires located? How hard are they to reach? Could I replace them if I had to take it in for warranty work? Is there any major damage that could occur from doing this? I run WOT most of the time and would 3700rpm constantly hurt anything? How bout the tranny? Could it hold being taken up that high? What does that do for power? I know the truck defuels around 2700 or so and I only have a Comp working as an EZ right now. I'm saving up for a Suncoast TC/VB.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:44 AM

it's not 2 wires it's one.. white with orange tracer.<br><br>3700 rpm all day probably not a good idea.<br><br>it shouldn't hurt the tranny.<br><br>if you hide it well 99.999% of techs will not find it.<br><br>It's in the harness that branches off the firewall down to the motor.<br><br>Power falls off above 3000 rpm for most but with fueling and turbo enhacements sometimes the fewer shifts are faster and being able to run 3700 rpm in a pinch is nice.<br>Sometimes with NO2 you hit the 3200 rpm so fast that it takes the 3700rpm extension to give you time to shift.<br><br>FWIW,<br>Mark<br><br>

Quick Reply: How's this for High performance aftermarket????