Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

How's this for High performance aftermarket????

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:How's this for High performance aftermarket????

Yes that's all you absolutely need.<br><br>But if you already have it apart there's so much more you CAN do
Old 04-01-2003, 05:00 PM

Yes, I do need to get a job. But I am doing a really good job of being an unemployed bum right now!
Old 04-01-2003, 09:08 PM

[move][glow=green, 2, 300]Mark LOOK UNDER YOUR DASH!!!!!![/glow][/move]
Old 04-02-2003, 07:15 AM

now THAT'S funny!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2003, 09:14 PM
Banned

Mark-Just curious....What and how much experience do you have in Turbos and high-performance diesels?
Old 04-02-2003, 10:27 PM

I know his truck is Fri$$in Fast and not a bad daily driver either... For a chump :-*

;D ;D Your Ladder Bar system is almost finished and lookin fine!! 8) Is Grabber Green ok??
Old 04-02-2003, 10:38 PM

None, but I stayed in a holiday inn express last night

Old 04-02-2003, 10:41 PM

[quote author=KwikKurt link=board=7;threadid=12832;start=30#123689 date=1049344042]<br>I know his truck is Fri$$in Fast and not a bad daily driver either... For a chump :-* <br><br><br>;D ;D Your Ladder Bar system is almost finished and lookin fine!! 8) Is Grabber Green ok??<br>[/quote]<br>
Old 04-02-2003, 10:45 PM

Holiday Inn.. 8)..... That's a good one... ;D Might have to use that one myself!
Old 04-03-2003, 10:56 PM

Absolutely no antagonistic posts will be allowed. Please keep your question and replies civilized. If this thread strays off course again it will be removed.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:06 AM

[quote author=StakeMan link=board=7;threadid=12832;start=15#121476 date=1048869212]
[quote author=Mark_Kendrick link=board=7;threadid=12832;start=15#121442 date=1048865697]
A basically stock truck with injectors, box exhaust... and a properly torqued headgasket is good for 500-600hp on twins. the limit is about 80psi of boost before problems come.
[/quote]

80 psi with a stock head gasket?
[/quote]

Mark &amp; Stakeman,

I have heard of the stock gaskets standing up to even higher pressures.

Collected from personal experiences and from two top level &quot;Service&quot; Tech's at Cummins here are the tips to long life with the OEM style gaskets.

1. Absolutely, Positively let your truck get to normal operating temp before having a Heavy Fueling Foot.

2. Absolutely, Positively let your truck get to normal operating temp before having a Heavy Fueling Foot.

3. Refer to rules 1 and 2

4. The above and keeping Charge air temps as low as possibe (which some Twin systems actually do better than a B-1 !!! Yes it's true!! ) This keeps combustion under better control with less pressure spiking (And what I call thermal load). This is why there are reports of the cummins racing teams running 100+ psi with stock gaskets.

5. Propane is great as long as you don't over do it. During R&amp;D of one of my early Propane systems I blew a oem head gasket &quot;Big Time&quot;. I was injecting WAY TO MUCH propane.. The Engine was a hammering away then I had OIL Everywhere. Lucky Me this was on the way home from the races.

and #6

[move][glow=green, 2, 300] Absolutely, Positively let your truck get to normal operating temp before having a Heavy Fueling Foot.[/glow][/move]

I have seen several and My Cummins Buddies have seen numerous Stock Trucks / RV's with Blown gaskets. They attribute 99% of those failures to improper warm up of the engine.

The stock Head Bolts stretch quite abit. They are Long Bolts and the Head is 6&quot; thick. There is quite a bit of movement/Expansion as the metals come up to 180/190 degrees F.

On my truck I have &quot;O&quot; ringed the Head and machined a receiver groove in the block surface. I use the stock gasket (Which is a beautiful &quot;Work of Art&quot and after checking the stock head bolts reused them. Since then I repeatedly put the gasket under high strain (Especially during overfueling with propane) and it holds like a champ.

&quot;O&quot; ringing the head is probably enough for most &quot;Bombers&quot; and for extra protection with the right tools the Block is easy to machine without removing it from the truck.

&quot;Happy Bombing&quot;

L8tr Kurt

Old 04-05-2003, 05:08 PM

KwikKurt

Are you trying to tell StakeMan that he needs to let his truck warm up before he sticks his foot in it. If so you may want to say it slower. Gonzo told me that StakeMan rode the short bus to school and it takes him a while to catch on.
;D ;D

Edward
Old 04-05-2003, 08:07 PM

<br><br>Don't tell me he also rode in the Back!?<br><br><br>[move][glow=red, 2, 300]&quot;LET YOUR TRUCK WARMUP BEFORE STAKEING YOUR FOOT IN IT!&quot;[/glow][/move]<br>P.S. Don't tell the school board But I &quot;TUNED&quot; one of our local school buses.... The driver says if he sees the mileage increase he will see about doing all of them. &quot;Of Course to Save the City Money!!&quot; <br><br>I did'nt think I should use Bombed in the same sentence as a schoolbus... Guess I did anyway [undecided]<br><br>Mark, do you have a set of twins setup for a BlueBird with a P/S or Cummins??????
Old 04-05-2003, 09:44 PM

Turn the key and go.
Old 04-05-2003, 11:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, drive it like you stole it!!!! eh StakeMan?<br><br>Is the full op temp 180* water temp or 400* EGT or so?

Quick Reply: How's this for High performance aftermarket????