Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

How much oil for Filter (quadzilla air intake)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much oil for Filter (quadzilla air intake)

i want to clean my quadzilla air intake for the first time, all directions for the green filter tell you to be sure not to over oil the filter or it could hurt the engine...

How much oil is too much? Do I just spray a small ammount over the entire filter?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2006, 08:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup.........if your sure it needs it. They work better as they get less attractive looking. If not at 100,000 miles, I would leave it...unless you have been through a dust storm and are seeing/feeling signs of air restriction?

My measuring stick is this: A few days after retreating the filter, rub a finger into the groves. If you can just barely get some oil on your finger, it sounds about right! (That's what my factory oiled AFE filter was like when new). Be stingy with the oil till you know...can always add more!

Over oiling (and over cleaning) are common occurances. It will show up as oil in your intake tube and on the turbo throat and blades.
I assume under oiling would have a telltale of dust & particles in the intake tube?

RJ