Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

How much is a 12v injector pump "core" really worth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much is a 12v injector pump "core" really worth?

Obviously we can't just buy a pump flat-out without usually paying a core charge, since it's really a one-for-one swap with an equivalent pump.

How much is a "core" pump really worth though? To be more specific, we can use my pump for example. Front of the pump works great, issues in the governor. It seems a waste to have to turn in this still semi-working pump that could be fixed for about $400 to get a rebuilt pump.

I'm having trouble wording my question...how much would it be worth paying in core charges to keep this pump, to either have a spare, fix the messed up part and resell, or to just do whatever with?

Obviously if the core charge is $1000-$1200 I'm not going to pay that much, but if it's a $500-$600 core, can one really find a pump for that much (whether it works perfect or not), that doesn't require turning in a core?

Hope this makes sense.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I understand your question right, Harry at PDR said a good core is usually around $500 but I think they will pay up to (please don't quote me cause my memory aint that good) $300 for a good cam to regrind for their stupid pumps. So for my low mile 180hp pump that I have listed I priced it at 500 for a good running pump and 300 for the plate and GSK kit they put in it and its a outright buy for 800 (not trying to make a sale just trying to answer your question) He has offered me 500 for it if I take the plate and GSK kit out so I'm sure your pump is worth that if its got no broken hard parts.