Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

How do you change Injector tips ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you change Injector tips ?

I bought Stage 2 tips for for my injectors. I would like to know how to change the tips, and if anyone has an exploded drawing or pictures of disassembled injectors. The truck is a 98.5 24v. I would appreciate any help Thanks.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First you need to secure the injector body. This can be done 2 different ways. Both require using a bench vise. You can use 2 pieces of wood with a 1" hole drilled between the tool and tighten the vise. You can also use a piece of metal stock from your local hardware that measures the same diameter as the slot that is cut on the top of the injector body.

Once you have secure the injector body take a small pocket knife type of blade and slowly work the copper washer off of the injector tip. Be careful not to damage or marr anything.

Next step is to untorque the injector tip nut. This will require a 15mm deep well socket and a decent size long ratchet.

Watch how everything comes apart and put it all back together the same way. If you have a torque wrench use 35ft lbs of torque on the nut.

BE CLEAN! Do not let any debris fall into the injector body or tip assembly.