Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

HELP! ashtray light wire for gauge????

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! ashtray light wire for gauge????

Ok, I'm at the last step, the lighting. Which wire on the ashtray light? Black/orange or brown/green? Those are the colors on the pigtail. The colors leading into the connector are orange/black and orange.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:39 PM

Do I have to bleed the fuel line from the filter housing to the sender? It's a Westach electrical.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:46 PM

Hello
I only have a manual for the 02, but it shows the black/orange for the lighting and black/red for the power. Test it I guess and see. I think you will get a more accurate reading if you bleed the line to the sender, but I doubt it is that terribly important. I hope someone who has a '99 can confirm the wiring for you.
mishkaya
Old 02-27-2005, 06:22 PM

I ran the engine and am only getting 13 psi. I installed a new lift pump about 3 weeks ago and did the filter at the same time. Maybe I should bleed the line!
Old 02-27-2005, 06:29 PM

Is that 13PSI at idle? It doesn't sound too out of line to me. The big question is what your readings are at wot.
mishkaya
Old 02-27-2005, 06:51 PM

Just got back from taking her for a run.

Fuel pressure: 12.5-13 at idle, 9 at WOT (2500rpms) ... broke the tires loose, that's a first She drops to around 10 at normal acceleration.

Boost: 5-6 at normal acceleration, 18 at WOT

Do the numbers sound right?

Tapping for the EGT tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Still stumped on that dimmer light

Oh, BTW, diesel is an excellent engine cleaner . When bleeding the line, I left the hose in a Dr Pepper can and bumped the starter ... looked like Niagra Falls ... Stupid Andrew!
Old 02-27-2005, 06:55 PM

Numbers seem fine to me. Just make sure fuel pressure never drops below say 5 and you should be plenty safe. Boost sounds right if you haven't changed the wastegate adjustment; it's set for 18 to 20. Sorry I couldn't be of more help on the wiring
mishkaya
Old 02-27-2005, 07:00 PM

You set my mind at ease on the numbers, thank you!
Old 02-27-2005, 07:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Buy a mechanical FP guage so when the new electrical one fails you can replace it.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:41 PM

Originally posted by Geico266
Buy a mechanical FP guage so when the new electrical one fails you can replace it.
Ditto on that statement....
Old 02-27-2005, 09:04 PM

That's what I love about this forum, when someone is looking for help, there's always someone who wants to throw in a negative statement.

How about some help! If you don't have something constructive to say, don't say anything.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:06 AM

I'm with you piper.

Do you have a volt meter or even a test light? That's the only way to be sure. Actuate the dimmer and see if the voltage goes up and down.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:37 AM

Yeah, I tried that and blew the fuse I'll have to wait 'til tomorrow to try it again

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2005, 12:49 AM

Originally posted by piperca
That's what I love about this forum, when someone is looking for help, there's always someone who wants to throw in a negative statement.

How about some help! If you don't have something constructive to say, don't say anything.
We ARE trying to help you - the problem is you cant see it, and take it as criticism when it isnt (this very much reminds me of how much work it took for ME to convince YOU that there actually is a problem with the 53 block.... does that ring a bell at all??? remember all the PM's I sent you????)..

Thats what I love about this forum....people that ask for advice, and then they dont like the advice they get.....whatever...my opinion, FWIW
Old 02-28-2005, 10:42 AM

Dr. Evil, dont' get your knickers in a twist! The post pertains to looking for the appropriate wire, not that, in your opinion, I have purchased an inferior product. I bought the gauges because I liked the dual gauge feature and wanted a matched set. Unfortunately, the Westach line of fuel pressure gauges are only available in electrical. I asked opinions from those who own this gauge and have not yet found a problem.

Thanks for the advice, but, for now, I'm sticking with what I have ... shame on me if it doesn't work out.

Now, can you help me with the wire????

Quick Reply: HELP! ashtray light wire for gauge????