Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Got a new clutch. It got broke in too much!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never had service like this before . Peter, thanks for everything. It looks like I'll have my new clutch by Monday. Now THAT'S A WARRANTY!
Old 10-15-2004, 03:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, when it comes time for me to get a clutch, I certainly know where I will go. It is not often you find companies that actually treat their customers like this anymore. Absolutely amazing!
Old 10-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Banned

Now that is some customer service
Old 10-15-2004, 03:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I have been afraid to mention it due to others expecting a freebe, but now that it has been mentioned, when I had the engine out and was in real financial trouble, I called Peter to ask about some damage to the clutch fingers which was not fault of SBC and he sent me a new clutch pressure plate. He really helps when he can and won a customer for life. I have never dealt with a company that would work with you as well. Thanks Peter....

They have a great product, and an even better attitude, above any necessity. Best I can say is that Peter will sell more clutches to me and to anyone that I can send his way.

Just keep things in proper place, SBC is in business selling clutches for a profit, and cannot be expected to supply freebe's to keep America's Dodges running.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:50 PM

Originally posted by 95ram
Thats awesome Peter. You just made my mind up for me when it comes time for a new clutch.
I second that and it will be soon i hope.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:18 PM

i drive an auto but i think ill still buy a clutch from peter.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:41 PM

You just made up my mind on where to get the clutch for my brothers 98 and my 99 when we need them!!! Customer service is so rare now that when I see someone go above and beyond what is expected I WILL use them and repay that attitude with my buisness. This is not the first time on this forum I have heard of great thing from SBC so they will deffinately get my buisness!!

Chris
Old 10-15-2004, 09:52 PM

Wow! Wish I drove a manual so I could swing more business your way, Peter! I have passed on your number to a few local boys, though!
Old 10-15-2004, 10:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My stock clutch is still holding up, but I know where I am getting the replacement!
Old 10-16-2004, 02:38 AM
Administrator

I had Keith at Forest City Diesel put a new SB in my truck in March when I went out for injectors and other things associated with the stupid fuel system we have. I talked to Peter on the phone before I went out to Missouri to see what I needed and he took a long time to explain what I needed for what I expected to do (which is unusual, most people just want to get you off the phone).
Unfortunately (against Keiths recommendations I might add), I made the decision to only put in a 350 HP clutch cause I had no desire to go over that for what I do. Well, while my truck was at Scheids, they installed a lot of stuff and I went well over 400 (at the flywheel, 391 at the wheels) so now my clutch is slipping but only when I get down on it hard. I know without a doubt where I will be going for a new clutch in the spring. The SB clutch holds better (especially when I turn the box back, 290 HP), is smoother operating, and I believe it takes even less pedal effort than the stock clutch.
There are still a few people out there that will treat you right believe it or not. Peter is one of them and Keith is another. The work he did for me was quality and top notch. I highly recommend either one of them especially if you're picky about who works on your truck.

BTW, I helped Keith out while I was out there, I dug him a new drainage ditch with my GN.

Is it safe to assume that you will not be going back to that car wash?
Old 10-16-2004, 10:40 AM

I agree with 95ram, I found my next clutch!!!!!
Old 10-16-2004, 11:06 AM

Yeap I know who I go for my clutch.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by South Bend Clutch
Folks, no need to go to battle with the car wash. That is a headache that could take forever to resolve. Life is too short and we don't need the stress, we have enough already.

rattle_rattle...sorry to here what the kid did!! Give me a call and I will shoot you out a new clutch. I am sure if the smoke was rolling out that bad, the clutch took a good beating. The clutch won't cost you anything but you will have to take care of the labor. Get the flywheel resurfaced as well.

Hope this will help you out a little.

Peter
1-800-988-4345
Peter thats very good of you - when its clutch time Ill be going with SBC as well. Kudos.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:02 AM
Banned

well I think sbc just got my business! peter, can you recommend an authorized installer in my area(a couple of different ones if possible). looking in the western Pa area. I am about 1 1/2 hours N, N/E of pittsburgh.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:48 PM

Wow maybe I should have went with SBC for my DD clutch I got a Mitchel its great for slipping but drivabillity sucks especially with a loaded trailer, or fast shifting.

Quick Reply: Got a new clutch. It got broke in too much!