Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

FP test port leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question FP test port leak

I just put a fuel pressure gauge in, and I have a leak at the test port. I saw the leak and tightened it a little more, still have the leak. Nothing extreme, but a leak none the less.
Is it going to hurt anything to let it leak for a couple of days until I have time to figure out a fix? Should I just slap some more sealant around the threads or just pull it out and start over to cure the leak? thanks, chris
Old 02-14-2007, 10:53 AM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it's just slightly leaking, no you wont hurt anything. You'll just have a mess. And it's not too good getting too much diesel on the starter. I'd put the fitting off and re-seal it right. Putting sealant over the top is just a bandaid for a temperary get home fix. Just my 2 bits.......
Old 02-14-2007, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks, I'll do that, I'll have to let it leak until friday when I get it in the heated shop. (Hasn't been above 0 degrees in ND for a while.) It's not leaking much, but enough to drive me crazy.