Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Is It Finally Time!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is It Finally Time!?!

well to start off, i'll explain my situation. i've been watching my fuel pressure and it didn't look good to begin with, lets just say the numbers were out of spec. but today and a few days ago also, i was just cruising along, and the FP would drop to 0 psi, and after a little while, it would jump back to its out of spec numbers, and be fine the rest of the way home...weird huh?

has anyone else had these probs. and since it's doing this is it finally time to get a fuel system, such as the FASS or Warlboro? and also, i know it's pretty much a difference in opinion, b/c they both seem like great pumps, but what do ya'll think i should go with, and where do ya recommend i get it from? i would also like to keep it in the $300 dollar range, give or take.

but if it's not the lift pump going bad on my, then what else could it be?

thanks all for the help
Old 07-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's the lift pump. When mine would do that, I could "pop" the skinney pedal and it would go back up to 12 psi. It only done that a few times in about a week before I replaced it with a FASS II. Needless to say, I no longer have a fp problem.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:44 PM

where did you get your fass II from, and what did it run you, is it in my price range?
Old 07-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Chapter President

I got it through a third party friend before they got so popular. I think they ran about $400 back then.

You can probably find the the best price by looking in the "Links" at the top of the page and check out the different vendors here on DTR.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:02 PM

ok, i'll check that out, and just in your opinion, does it matter with the FASS vs. the Walbro pump, i like them both, but the walbro does look more in my price range
Old 07-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Chapter President

Sorry, I don't really know enough about the Walbro to have an opinion.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:41 PM

I just got the glacier/walbro kit on my truck. Works great and I was attracted to it for the price also. The kit comes with every little piece that you will need. I also like the fact that you are using a pump that is rated and used in other automotive applications at tremendously higher pressures. So on our trucks this pump is not even breaking a sweat! And finally, the pump is super quiet and made in the US.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:10 PM

well guys, i decided to go with the warlbro pump from rich and glacier diesel performance. i got the 392 series which he recommended and was a very honest guy and a pleasure to do business with. i would recommend giving him a call if ur on the fence about getting a warbro pump.

i'll also let ya'll know how i come out when it arrives and i get it put on.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:51 PM

Ridiculous, you made a good choice. I did the same about 2 weeks ago and I am very pleased.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:36 PM

Post what you FP readings are when you get it installed. Also did you get the 1/2 lines and everything else or just the pump?

Hope it works out for ya!
Old 07-12-2006, 08:54 PM

What I Ordered!

i'm not sure what you mean on the 1/2 inch lines and all, i'm assuming you mean the big line kit, if so no i didn't, can't afford it now, but i do plan on getting it later on down the road.

and i will be sure to post my FP readings when i get it on, i hope it's here by saturday so i have the weekend to fool around with it.

now, for a question, would you guys say that it is safe to drive my truck to and from work everyday (about 60 miles highway round trip) with the lift pump coming and going like it is? if not, i don't know what else to do, i don't have any other way to work .