Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

FASS and Commander Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FASS and Commander Help!

Guys at large, Diesel Dan and Qzilla,

I hope you guys see this and help me out. I just finished with the install of the Vulcan Draw Straw, Vulcan big line kit from filter to VP44 and my DPP HPFP 150gph pump. Pretty smooth install except for a no prime situation caused by that QD fitting on supply line...Dan, y'all need to kill that idea!!

Anyway, I am NOT running any kind of performance box right now, but I am using the commander as just a monitor. All was well until I finished the install, reconnected the batteries and found my monitor displaying 9-10psi of boost, EGT of 32, Fuel pressure of 40psi and water temp of 100...with nothing running! I checked all the connections on the commander and all are tight. I touched NONE of them during the hookup! When running, the water temp is correct, the transmission temp is correct, EGT's are ridiculously high (1350+ at 70mph cruise with no acceleration) and boost fluctuates as high as 60psi! I reset the monitor to defaults and reset all my parameters and nothing worked! The only electrical addition was the two wires on the battery for the HPFP. Could that have done this? I checked the fuel pressure sending unit, all is tight, no tape in the way. I am stumped!! I know I am not boosting 60psi, that's not even possible and I sure am not doing 9psi without the truck runnning!! I need help guys. Hope someone out there has some experience with this.
Thanks.
Don
Old 08-06-2007, 11:44 AM

Did you go in and set the monitor for a 2002 Dodge??

Second, it sounds like a ground issue of some sort. Everything you mentioned that is wrong relies heavily on ground references.

Did you add or change anything on the ground circuit with these two wires? If you accidentally get a hot added to the ground circuit it could affect the whole ground plain of the truck.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:02 PM

Q,
I talked to Rourke in tech this morning and he gave me a list of things to try and he also mentioned the ground. I am re-connecting all of my wire taps and removing the thread tape from the fuel sending unit. To answer your question, no, I didn't move any grounds or hook up anything other than the hot and ground to the battery for the FASS. I am going to try Rourkes's fixes this afternoon, will advise. This is why I am a dedicated Quadzilla person...other than Van Aaken, you CANNOT get this kind of customer service from any of the other big name performance people! Trust me, I know! Thanks Q.
-D