Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Exhaust/Muffler systems?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 06:02 PM
GSP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust/Muffler systems?

Ive been checking out the different exhaust systems.

Maybe getting the MBRP... Still decideing...

What kind of Mufflers do these kits come with?

Who has the best Muffler?

Are they just fiberglass packed that will blow out after awhile?

Also The stock elbow off the turbo ... Are the down pipes reduced to 3" to clamp to the elbow at the turbo?

If I get a banks power elbow later will need to get a another down pipe again to fit?

What about the exhaust break elbows are they all 4"?
Old 11-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Banned

GSP

I have a power elbow and a banks monster exhaust, its costs a little more then others but the quality and fit is great. If you want to use a power elbow you will need a down pipe to match. I have a HTB2 turbo I'm getting ready to put on my truck and now I have replace my power elbow and down pipe with one to match my new turbo. There are alot of exhaust systems out there and all will work but not all have quality and proper fit but they have a low cost so do your homework and listen to all the knowledge these people have here! They have helped me alot.

CRIS.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:30 PM
GSP

Masonic,,,

What is the design and materials in that Banks muffler? Does banks have 2 style mufflers ? The pictures in there adds show a smallish looking muffler and I have looked under a couple trucks with banks exhaust and they had a real big diameter long muffler that said banks on it.

Isnt the banks a 3 1/2" tupeing?
Old 11-08-2004, 09:07 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have MBRP systems in both trucks and they fit and sound great. To me, their mufflers sound the best. I have had the one system for a long time and the muffler is in perfect shape.

I don't think there are any 4" elbow exhaust brakes (not sure about Banks Brake, though). If you run a big turbo like a HX40
you have to go to an in line exhaust brake along with a different down pipe to fit the larger than stock elbow.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Banned

GSP
My banks exhaust is 4" from the elbow back to the 5" polished tip, everything is slainless. The muffler is polished is good you can see yourself in it. As for a brake the banks are an elbow with a valve in it. You can get other turbos in the future that the elbow will fit on as long as it uses a 35 hot side on the turbo.You can even get a B-1 that the elbow will bolt to.

Hope this helps. CRIS
Old 11-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Banned

MBRP Exhaust Systems

GSP,

We started with MBRP since day one and were involved in the designs and such of the systems. The mufflers are packed with a ceramic blanket and stainless steel wool, it will last lots longer than you and I, or the truck for that matter. The lower priced systems use a low temp fiberglass that does blow out after a fairly short time, you'll see posts by their customers that say they think their system is getting louder the more miles they put on it. Bingo, the packing material is slowly leaving the muffler case. The other low priced systems don't even have any packing material and that actually creates a restriction in the system as the gasses get trapped in the hollow outer shell of the muffler and fight to get out causing a restriction etc.
ALL of the hangers on the MBRP systems ar ewelded in place to match up directly to the factory mounting locations, to make installation as easy as possible.

Call us if you have any questions etc, we also GUARANTEE all of our prices to be the best.

Mark @ DPPI