Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Edge observations...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge observations...

Initially I was less than 100% impressed with the Edge EZ on my 2003 HO 6 speed. With the level of power increase of 70hp/200 lb-ft on setting #4, I expected a tad more kick in the [censored] than what I felt. I was reading elsewhere where a guy felt the same way I did and after a rather long thread came to the conclusion that his 12k mile fuel filter was flowing less than 100%....actually it was pretty nasty. So I went out and pulled my 14k mile filter to find it nearly black in color. I replaced the filter and found that my truck now had some additional power that was hidden in a clogged fuel filter....cool! A few days later I was reading on this same "other" web site about another less than impressed 2003 Edge owner. After much dismay he called Edge and complained about the box. This is what Edge told him to do to make the box work better on the 2003's. Install the box and start on jumper setting #1 and run it hard through the gears for a few passes. Then do the same thing on each additional jumper setting untill #4. This guy reported that he had a new beast on his hands and was finally happy. So, with that in mind I decided to try this very same thing Edge told him to do on my own truck. First off, after putting about 200 miles on #4, going back to #1 made it feel as though I was dragging around a loaded trailer. Anyhow, I started on jumper position #1 and made two 5 gear WOT passes untill I got to position #4. All I can say is WOW, did that ever make a difference!! Every jumper setting higher the rear tires had a more difficult time keeping traction. By the time I got to #4, it felt as though the truck was being kicked in the [censored] everytime I went to WOT. Whatever it was that made this difference, I'm impressed to say the least! So now I'm off to my buddies dyno today before it gets too hot to see what kind of numbers it lays down versus what my [censored] dyno says it's doing. I have baseline numbers from when the the truck was essentially new (3k miles), so I might make a pull or two with the box unplugged to see if the break-in period made any more power??? (have 14k miles now) What kind of numbers have you all seen with the 6 speed HO and an Edge on #4?
Old 08-28-2003, 04:46 AM

Re:Edge observations...

Wow I wonder what makes the differance? Let us know what the numbers are.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:23 AM

Will do.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:51 AM

lighten up a little.
Old 08-28-2003, 01:20 PM

Thanks for running a tight ship Jack, you do a great job. I dont want to see that crap, I come here for info on dodge diesel trucks not to learn to communicate without class. For all those who think those words are so funny, get out your crayons and right them on a piece of paper. Take said piece of paper and hang it on you dash. Now when you drive down the road you can look at them and laugh out loud to yourself about how funny you think you are and the rest of us wont think that your a loser because we wont even see the paper.

I will say the post was informative but it would still be just as informative without the crap.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:05 PM

Jack,
Maybe next time you should PM that guy instead of the public lashing.
He probably did not mean to intentionally break the rules here.

It was a very informative post.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:39 PM

[quote author=Wilson link=board=7;threadid=18927;start=0#msg177808 date=1062094828]
Thanks for running a tight ship Jack, you do a great job. I dont want to see that crap, I come here for info on dodge diesel trucks not to learn to communicate without class. For all those who think those words are so funny, get out your crayons and right them on a piece of paper. Take said piece of paper and hang it on you dash. Now when you drive down the road you can look at them and laugh out loud to yourself about how funny you think you are and the rest of us wont think that your a loser because we wont even see the paper.

I will say the post was informative but it would still be just as informative without the crap.
[/quote]

That's pretty funny stuff there...
Old 08-28-2003, 04:27 PM

Jack you seemed a little peeved from your post thats all. I understand that they're rules to follow here. Im guilty of breaking rules from time to time, I've got a glove box of speeding tickets to prove it. As moderator your ulitimatley responsible for the enforcement of said rules. I have to agree with Pourin. You should have maybe PM him instead. Sorry if I steped on anyones toes.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:30 PM

Would be nice to get this thread back on topic.............interesting post.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back on topic, sorta.

Keep in mind, this is a 2003 EZ he is talking about.
Different animal than the 2nd generation Edge products.

phox
Old 08-29-2003, 09:29 AM

boy, the described behavior is pretty weird. all the EZ does is raise rail pressure, so there must be some odd behavior of the rail controller that Edge does not fully understand. the box must get confused over time and needs to be re-initialized. might have something to do with the high pressure saftey algorithms, both in the box an in the stock rail controller routines.