Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

edge juice w/attitude monitor blank?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge juice w/attitude monitor blank?

Well I'm makin a winch mount and hookin up a new winch for my friend on his 2nd gen 24 valve. Its a 6 speed with an edge juice with attitude chip and 100 horse injectors and he just left his truck with me all week so I can work on it and he's gone for the week. Well the chip worked fine when he brought the truck to me, and the cooldown timer worked and everything. Well I took it to town two days ago and started it up in the morning to let it warm up for a minute and the chip came on and was working fine, then I pulled out of my driveway and started driving and the numbers wouldn't change and then the screen went blank, the backlight is still on but the screen is blank. It did this the rest of the day and I got it to turn on and work a few times when i first started it and then it would go blank again, and i didn't even touch or mess with the chip at all. The timer wouldn't work on it either so I was just lettin it idle a few minutes and then shuttin it down. And then i drove it today and the screen is just blank with the backlight on and it never came on to work again.

I called him and asked him about it and he said he had it go blank once or twice last winter when he had his pacbrake on but the pacbrake was never on and I was wonderin if it was a loose connection somewhere. So I checked most the connections, I unplugged the edge box under the hood and plugged it back in like he said and got in the fuse panel and wiggled around the wire goin to the #10 fuse iirc to the motor and it didn't seem to change even though it felt a little loose. I think the chip still works but the screen is blank, you can push the menu button on the side and it'll still beep and everything. He said right before he brought the truck to me he plugged in his smarty programmer to clear some codes on it and wondered if that messed it up? Just thought I'd ask you guys what to check or if you've had this problem? I hope its just a loose wire somewhere and the monitor screen isn't fried... I hate borrowin or usin stuff and have it break.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:29 PM

How old is the juice/att?
Sounds like youve done about all you can do and on top of that you hadent been messin with it anyway. Could be that the screen is goin out but the attitude is still gettin power to be on.

Dont know how much you wanna dig into it, but maybe pull it off the a-piller and check the wiring into the back of the box?
That might take some takin apart of the att which would be a little sketch to just go for instead of lettin Edge check it. Warrenty wise or whatever ya know.
But just a thought.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:55 PM

said it was a few years old so I think Warranty is gone, it'll come on fine when you turn the key on but as soon as you start the motor and drive it, it goes blank. Some guys at a diesel shop said the screen went bad and they've seen it before, but I think he is trading this truck in for a new mega cab so i doubt he'll fix it.