Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Edge Juice W?att> Vs> Quad"s Adrenaline??

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the Pulse have audible alerts like the Edge Attitude or is it just a blinking screen?
Old 03-29-2008, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by cLAYH
Just out of curiosity what does the Pulse add over the Attitude?
Does it tap the pump as well?
Can the power levels and smoke levels be adjusted easily like the attitude?
How much more HP is the Pulse rated for over the Attitude?

Thanks!
1) The Pulse and Attitude are just monitors, they add no power to a vehicle. The Attitude goes with the Juice (which I see you have one) and the Pulse goes with the Adrenaline. The Adrenaline comes with the Recon style monitor, the Pulse monitor is extra. Here's a link to the Pulse http://www.quadzillapower.com/products/pulse_cm.html

2)Yes, the Adrenaline taps the pump

3)The Adrenaline can change power levels, but it does not have sublevels like the Juice does. I don't actually think the sublevels on the Juice are for smoke, they are for low-boost fueling (same, but different). It's not accesible now (since the Pulse is still in beta testing), but there will be settings to change timing and fueling with the Pulse as seen here in the description for the Pulse
Control 7 custom tuning options including:
Timing Advance, Can Bus Fueling, Pump Stretch Fueling and Throttle Response options.
These settings would/could effect your "smoke levels".

4)I'm not sure what the Juice/Att. is rated at, 120hp maybe?? The Adrenaline is claiming 165hp on a stock truck, but these #'s are subject to change with all of the different tunes that are available for the Adrenaline. Even though the Adrenaline is already in production, Quad is refining and improving the performance of this module virtually every day. Oh yeah, that's the other nice thing about the Adrenaline, it's USB updateable, so whenever a new tune or new software comes out, in just a few minutes, your Adrenaline is good to go with the latest and greatest improvments.

Sorry for the long-winded post.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by wlowe
Does the Pulse have audible alerts like the Edge Attitude or is it just a blinking screen?
Right now, it just flashes the parameters in question, BUT, Quad has made some changes on how the warnings appear, but we (beta testers) have not received those updates as of yet, so I guess I can't honestly answer ur question as of right now. I believe that Quad said he would/should be releasing those updates soon.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by hink
1) The Pulse and Attitude are just monitors, they add no power to a vehicle.
I do know this is NOT true with the Attitude. You NEED the Attitude to get the additional power from the Juice module.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by SpunkysRam
I do know this is NOT true with the Attitude. You NEED the Attitude to get the additional power from the Juice module.
The attitude does not give you more power, that software is built into the juice. The attitude just lets you access the extra power.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by SpunkysRam
The Attitude provides no added power to the vehicle, the Juice does that, the Attitude is just a way to adjust the power and monitor the vehicle. Yes, the Juice needs the Attitude to funcion properly just as the Adrenaline needs the Recon or Pulse monitor to function properly.
Actually, I think we're both on the same page, but we are mis-interpreting each others remarks.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by wlowe
It has audible and visual alerts
Old 03-29-2008, 05:49 PM

I am looking at getting one or the other. I am new to all of this performance stuff on a diesel. I liked the juice w/att because you are able to adjust everything on the fly and you can also watch egts, fuel pressure and others if you like. My question is if you buy just the quad adrenaline does it come with a monitor that you can 1 adjust the power levels on the fly and 2 watch fuel pressure and egts. Or do you have to buy the pulse moitor to be able to do that. Send me a link if i am wrong but to buy the ad w/pulse it is about 100$ more than juice w/att. If so is it worth the extra 100$.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla
I think I know what the issue is.

With that said you can do EVERYTHING the attitude can do plus a LOT more.
So other than USB updating(which I can see as very handy). What does "LOTS" entail?
Old 03-29-2008, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by daboocru
I am looking at getting one or the other. I am new to all of this performance stuff on a diesel. I liked the juice w/att because you are able to adjust everything on the fly and you can also watch egts, fuel pressure and others if you like. My question is if you buy just the quad adrenaline does it come with a monitor that you can 1 adjust the power levels on the fly and 2 watch fuel pressure and egts. Or do you have to buy the pulse moitor to be able to do that. Send me a link if i am wrong but to buy the ad w/pulse it is about 100$ more than juice w/att. If so is it worth the extra 100$.
The Adrenaline/Pulse retails for $899. That is MSRP not what it will sell for. Last I checked, the J/A retailed for the same amount. They could have lowered it since then but, I think they are neck and neck???
Old 03-29-2008, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by cLAYH
So other than USB updating(which I can see as very handy). What does "LOTS" entail?

Adjusting High Idle or turning it Off.
Setting MAX fuel stretch
Setting Max timing
Adjusting can bus fueling response
Adjusting the scaling on the main fuel maps
Changing the number of Power levels

Also, there is NO special code for getting more power or a hidden power level. You get all the same power whether you buy the monitor or not.

Not to mention, it makes a LOT more power than the juice does.

I am sure there is more but, that should be sufficient for now and there will probably be more stuff in the future.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qzilla
Adjusting High Idle or turning it Off.
Setting MAX fuel stretch
Setting Max timing
Adjusting can bus fueling response
Adjusting the scaling on the main fuel maps
Changing the number of Power levels

Also, there is NO special code for getting more power or a hidden power level. You get all the same power whether you buy the monitor or not.

Not to mention, it makes a LOT more power than the juice does.

I am sure there is more but, that should be sufficient for now and there will probably be more stuff in the future.
So basically you are saying that if we install your box, we should name our truck "Kit". BUMP,BUMP,BUMP, BIDUMP, BIDUMP. Good work quad.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:12 PM

hay quad sounds like you have a box with a lot of good adjustable settings as a drag racer i would like to know does this box "or can it be made to " have a boost lunch control setting ? so we can have the same 60 foot times and look at the lights on the tree and not the boost . Also does it over ride the the ecm 1st and 2 gear defueling and let you build boost as high as you wont to when the truck is not moveing ??? right now to do that with the juice i had to put in a BD top speed eliminator box so i can lunch hard . if your box can do all that i will sell my juice and get your box thanks
Old 03-30-2008, 01:35 PM

Quadzilla Adrenaline without a doubt. They still have more things they are going to add to it. I cant wait. With the stock tunes in the adrenaline it blew my old box out of the water.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:23 PM

Same questione here as diesel-dummy i think, does the adrenaline have the ability to get rid of "torque management"? Also a childish question, is there a tune availible that would smoke like crazy? Not any real use but every now and then i have the urge to make some smoke and the juice even set to full low boost fueling doesent fuel that hard off idle.
Thanks Fred.