Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Best spray-in liner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best spray-in liner?

Hey guys, I have a choice between Bullhide and Super-liner.
Only 2 places here to choose from. In your experience, whose is better and are they waranteed nationwide? They both say they are, but will another dealer actually honor the warantee? Reason I ask is I am military and will not be here forever, and don't want to drive all the way to Montana if the thing needs fixed. Thanks-Steve

PS-whats the going rate for liner up over bedrails? Here its approx. $450 with color match.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:13 PM

Re:Best spray-in liner?

I have never heard of either one. The going rate is about $450 - $525 for over the rail with LINE-X or Rhino.
I personally would go with LINE-X its much thicker and it sticks (holds things) much better.
Whatever you do DON'T go with color matched unless it's Black or the Dark Garnet (DARK Grey) The reasoning is that all the other colors will fade and cannot be color matched later on. They also will show things like oil if you get it spilled in the bed.
Just my .02 worth
Old 09-08-2003, 01:26 PM

I haven't heard of the brands you mentioned.

The quality and durability of the different brands depends a lot on the person applying it. My experience has been the opposite. I have Line-x and a coworker has Rhinoliner, and his Rhinoliner is much thicker and does a better job of keeping things from sliding.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:06 PM
Banned

I had a Rhino in my last truck (a 98.5 I bought new) and other than the fading, it held up to everything I threw at it. I'm going to get another Rhino in the new one. My reason for Rhino over Line-X is the softer more "rubbery" texture of Rhino; it definately holds things in place better than the harder "plastic" texture of Line-X. Plus it's easier on my knees and hands if I'm crawling around back there!

The Rhino dealer says they've incorporated UV protection to reduce fading and they now offer a finish restorer that you can apply to resotre the new shiny look.

For my long bed, it's $449 over the rails and they have a $50 internet coupon, so $399.

Not sure about the warranty being honored from dealer to dealer - I never had to take it back in 5 years! Like you, I'm in the military and that is a concern of mine. I understand Line-X does have that network of dealers that can repair other's work, not sure about Rhino.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:19 AM

Thanks for your replies. I will go with the Super Liner because they have alot more dealers than Bullhide, in case I ever need it fixed. Gonna cost $450 here, over bed rails.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:31 PM

Count me as another one who has never heard of the spray in liners you are referring to. I have the Rhino, had it in my last truck and have never had a problem. I don't understand the generic reasoning :. Go with Rhino or Line X and you can't go wrong.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just received a quote from the local Line-X dealer. $359 with coupon for under the rail. I'm going in Friday to have it done.

MikeyB
Old 09-10-2003, 07:53 PM

CTD...

What? You don't like the Falls? You gotta love the wind huh?

Check out the Rhino...it's the only one I've used, but IMO it is the best. I used the truck for three years n' it still looked new. Hauling wood, rock, engine blocks, etc...didn't matter. It still looked great. And I believe that they also make a "shiner" that you can treat it with that keeps it looking good also. Talk with SparkChaser, he's pretty close to ya there at MAFB, you might be able to run by n' check his out...

Welcome to the board...

a fellow greatfallsian...

jd
Old 09-10-2003, 08:38 PM

Yep- go to Mountain Tire downtown and get a Rhino.
The guy's that install there are really good. I know of no single problem with any of their work.
Drop me a P.M if you want and you can check my liner out if you like.
As JD said, I live on the East end of town- pretty close to you.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:12 PM

I rolled my own from rusoloum--24 bucks and 2 hrs work -- it's holding up well and if it dosent- another 25 bucks will fix it-- my 2 cents worth guess i'm a cheapskate eh???--Glenn
Old 09-11-2003, 01:15 PM

Hey Spark Chaser, What squadron are you assigned to? I am also here at Malmstrom, I work out at CATM. Also, what did you pay for your Rhino liner? They must not advertise cause I've searched around and all there was was bullhide and super. A buddy of mine got a liner done at Swains, but it is crap (peeling and fading bad).
Old 09-11-2003, 05:19 PM

i have a shop in pasadena that has been around for years, they are gonna rhino the bed with top rails for 250.00 also they will do my ranch hand headache rack for an additional 50.00,
i also had them give me a price in window tint, 75.00 for all windows lifetime warranty.

chris
Old 09-11-2003, 06:06 PM

CTD-
I don't work at Malmstrom. I'm a civilian electrician on the F-16's at the Mt Air Guard. I live about a mile or so from the base though.
I think over the rail is gonna run around $500 if I recall. It's a bit pricey, but you can't hurt the stuff. They put it on pretty heavy also. The name of the place is Mountain Tire. They are in the old Sears building downtown.
If ya wanna look before you buy- P.M. me and I'll give you my address. J.D and I will be doing his gauge install this Saturday. If you wanna swing by, you're sure welcome ;D
Old 09-11-2003, 06:09 PM

Oh yeah- Welcome to the site

Quick Reply: Best spray-in liner?