Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Best Mileage Mod.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Mileage Mod.

What is the best mileage mod (bang for the buck) that would stack well with my signature.. trying to stay in a 2-3 hundred dollar range. was thinking XZT but then was wondering about 275's.. i'm not in it for the power right now just daily driving about 45 miles a day monday through friday about 20 of it is highway.. any idea would be great thanks guys
Old 08-27-2007, 09:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You already have an EZ-- I can't think of anything under $300 that will pay for itself in mileage increase in any reasonable amount of time. If you can score some 275s for a good price (about 275, ironically) it's probably a good idea.

You understand that an XZT and an EZ are similar, so you'd sell the EZ if you got an XZT, right?

Run your tire pressure up a little higher, too.

On the more expensive end, a good torque converter and valve body would help mpg, I'd expect.

jh
Old 08-27-2007, 09:06 PM

i was thinking of stacking the older XZT fueling module with my ez.. can get it for about 250. from Vulcan
Old 08-27-2007, 09:14 PM

You can not stack two timing boxes. Smarty would be a good one to look into. These stock trannys hate having to much pushed to them. I would thinkg RV275's alone or Edge EZ alone will be ok for that stock auto. I had a Juice w/ Attitude for a while and I toasted my stock tranny, thank goodness I had extended warranty on my 99. But I have sold the Juice and I'm getting a set of RV275's instead plus gauges.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:15 PM

If you ad up all the advertized mpg gains for all the mods in my sig I should be getting 30 mpg. Not so, maybe one or two mpg better in town or hwy than before if I stay out of it, and I do.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cameronc
i was thinking of stacking the older XZT fueling module with my ez.. can get it for about 250. from Vulcan
You can do this and it works but, I don't think it will net you any or much of a mpg gain. It is great for stacking and has a switch so when you want it you can turn it on or turn it off when it is not needed. So for power it is the best bang for the buck stack.

You can not stack two timing boxes. Smarty would be a good one to look into.
The regular XZT box is not a timing box. Also you would have to set the Smarty on the no timing levels if you do this.

The Smarty will not even come close to adding what the regular XZT will add to that stack.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:05 PM

Thanks qzilla.. you don't think with this stacked i would get any mileage gain ?
Old 08-27-2007, 10:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
how about trying the smarty for 2 weeks no charge.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
Wow...What? what just happened here... I would love to try out the Smarty but is a little out of my budget... or is it??
Old 08-27-2007, 10:42 PM

Thanks qzilla.. you don't think with this stacked i would get any mileage gain ?
Timing is the problem. The EZ does all the timing you really want to do. Timing is what gives you more efficiency and the fuel mileage. The normal XZT will net some mileage gains just due to the remapping of the engine but, it is a wire tap box and cannot control the timing directly.

Now, if you were getting rid of the EZ, then our XZT+ might net some more mileage but, the gain over the EZ would not likely justify the cost. The main thing you would gain with the XZT+ is the timing ONLY mode which is awesome for mileage but, the power is so-so compared to the timing and fuel setting.

Now, I think you would love the power of the stack but, I just don't want you to be disappointed with the fuel economy numbers.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:46 PM

are you offering a free trial period also
Old 08-27-2007, 11:15 PM

what kinda millage you looking for i get 22 on the hiway and 18 in town with the quad on kill.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:22 PM

are you offering a free trial period also
No free trials.

I do offer a 30day satisfaction guarantee which is sort of like a trial??? If you like it you keep it. If you don't like it send it back for a refund.

I don't actually sell anything though, you have to make sure that your vendor extends this to you. I am here for support and you have to buy through one of our dealers. There are several on here as well as the DTR store. Most honor this guarantee, just make sure you ask.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:44 PM

well it was worth a try... thanks for the info
Old 08-27-2007, 11:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
Be careful accepting this offer! That's Smarty is one addictive monster! The bottom end is just insane.

I'm curious how Quad's new XZT+ compares....

jh

Quick Reply: Best Mileage Mod.