Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

BD XXX Pulse 155hp Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BD XXX Pulse 155hp Injectors

Over the weekend I put a set of these suckers in and I'm impressed. A lot smoother than my old ones. Not to mention less smokier. Boost is up 4-6 pounds and EGT's are still pegged. I know I didn't gain a ton of power going from 100hp to 155hp but I'll take the less smoke part. Mileage may also be up from the old injectors but it's hard to tell. I put half a tank of B20 in on top of half a tank of #2 so I can't tell about the injectors just yet. I have noticed that the truck is a little harder to crank now though. Kinda like it's losing prime but there's no leaks.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:02 AM

And I thought you were saving for the tranny =O
How much boost is that ksb-1 putting out now?
Old 09-04-2006, 11:22 AM

Talking

i got the xxx 130s and i love em,low smoke till i got the smarty,the price was rite and i did get better milage and they also idle real smooth
Old 09-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ph4tty
And I thought you were saving for the tranny =O
How much boost is that ksb-1 putting out now?
I sold my old one's to help even the cost out. Tranny date has been moved cause apparently when you only work 4-5 days out of a 14 day pay period you don't get paid as much.

I've still got it gated down to 40psi. I'm scared to shut the gate all the way down and see what she'll do.

Mine don't idle real smooth or maybe it's all in my head. I'm not sure. I need to go and clean the engine up and check it out but something still doesn't sound quite right in it.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:31 PM

From what I've seen of the BD injectors, they idle rough, and don';t make the advertised power. Granted, I've only seen a few sets, about 4...and they've all sold them, or will be selling them for something else!

Good luck finding your air "leak"...that could also help out the rough idle if you can track it down!

Chris
Old 09-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Banned

Turns out number 4 and 5 are still leaking. I cranked down on them so more but it's no use. Looks like I need to pull the lines off and see if it's a crushed connection or o-ring or what. It's not squirting out while it's running and it's not a drip. It's a weepage. If the truck has only been sitting for a few minutes it fires right up. If it's been sitting for a couple of hours it'll crank but you can feel that it has air in the lines as it is rough.

Chris, the truck idles smooth. Very smooth. I think the miss at idle is all in my head cause no one hears it but me.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by signature600
From what I've seen of the BD injectors, they idle rough, and don';t make the advertised power. Granted, I've only seen a few sets, about 4...and they've all sold them, or will be selling them for something else!

Good luck finding your air "leak"...that could also help out the rough idle if you can track it down!

Chris
not TRYING to knock BD but i kinda agree. i started with the 100hp, then went to their 155hp now i am at there xxxx buhda 170hp and granted they do make nice power, and my idle is very very smooth, but man oh man these things are WAY smokey, i mean like 12v smoke status. and my egts are through the roof. i am going to save up, sell these and get a set of F1 Mach 5 those i think are unreal.

Last edited by inline6power; 09-04-2006 at 07:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Banned

I've heard the budha's are but these 155's are so clean it's not even funny. Heck, my buddy's mach 1.5's are smokier than these things are.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Banned

hey big blue, your dyno numbers look pretty decent. is your TST a comp TST or just the regular one? not to shabby. you should be a little closer to 500 now with that extra 55hp. well, i bet your around 480 or so.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:16 PM

Talking

maybe there are some bad sets of xxx out there or maybe they were not installed corectly,before the smarty my 130s were very very clean and idled like my wifes honda.im not sure about how accurate the power ratings are but for the power gain and cleanliness and smoothness of them for the price i would buy them again,and i got good service from bd,i may have got a good deal but they were almost half the price of other 130s,and im a cheap guy and i shop around
Old 09-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by inline6power
hey big blue, your dyno numbers look pretty decent. is your TST a comp TST or just the regular one? not to shabby. you should be a little closer to 500 now with that extra 55hp. well, i bet your around 480 or so.
Just a normal TST. I can't wait to get the trans built and see what kind of power I'm really putting down.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Banned

wow that really good numbers then for basically a stock tranny and a regular TST. when are you getting the new tranny and what brand did you go with?
Old 09-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Banned

Was supposed to be later this month but things came up and it's gonna have to wait until maybe next month. Definately before christmas. I'm going DTT. Their valvebody alone is holding the power I've got now. I can only imagine what their tranny can hold.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Was supposed to be later this month but things came up and it's gonna have to wait until maybe next month. Definately before christmas. I'm going DTT. Their valvebody alone is holding the power I've got now. I can only imagine what their tranny can hold.
you will be very very impressed. my buddy has a 03 and just ordered a full DTT and boy oh boy. what a tranny. he has the HOT juice w/ tude and water meth. granted i beat him in the 1/4 by 3 truck lengths, his truck shifts AMAZINGLY. just like mine
Old 09-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Banned

Yeah. A couple of my buddy's have them and I drool everytime I ride/drive them.

Quick Reply: BD XXX Pulse 155hp Injectors