Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

ATS Triple Chargers. First Look

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 07:21 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:ATS Triple Chargers. First Look

pappyman,<br><br>Who knows, they may try and fly it to Mars too.<br><br>JohnBoy, Like I said, folks &quot;generally agree with me&quot;<br><br>On the turbo thing, Turbos have to be flowed and matched to work correctly. In about 99% of cases you cant take an off the shelf set of turbos, bolt them on and call it good. <br><br>Holset does not build and map turbos for racing or performance use. At the least you have to hybrid stuff to get it to work good. In many cases you have to use components from several OEMs to get one good turbo. <br><br>Don~<br><br><br>
Old 01-08-2003, 08:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not gonna side with anyone here. I understand what they are trying to do here. The big charger that they are using looks to be quite small for the application. Remember, that is roughfully the size charger that is used in a twin configuration. Now you have two chargers feeding it instead of one. Surging? Yes. Will it make boost at high rpm's? Yes. Will it be as efficient as a larger charger? No. This is all my opinion. Take it for what it is worth.<br><br><br><br>J.R.
Old 01-08-2003, 09:35 PM

Here are my 2c worth. I believe the biggest problems are going to be in getting the two HYs to run the same. It is going to be like the old multi carbs on gasser. When they run together there hot but most of the time they need to be sync'd and sync'd and sycn'd.<br><br>I luv the fast that guys like ATS are willing to jump out there and spend there dollars and experiment with this kind of stuff. This way maybe all of us hopelessly bombers will always have more stuff so that we can get our fixes. <br><br>I wish them all the luck they can get. Keep us all posted...
Old 01-10-2003, 12:07 AM

I hate to speak my mind sometimes...I always get blasted. Its funny though...in person folks just listen to what I have to say and generally agree with me.<br><br>Don we really love you..... ;D <br><br> I'm just as big as jerk in person as I am on the keyboard, I believe several on this site can vouch for me.<br><br>LMFAO....now I know I have to get to Muncie!<br><br>Jim<br><br>
Old 01-10-2003, 12:44 AM

[quote author=Sled Puller link=board=7;threadid=9206;start=30#90503 date=1042175760]<br>TWO things.<br>One, I'm just as big as jerk in person as I am on the keyboard, I believe several on this site can vouch for me.<br><br>Two,<br> ATS said on the first pic:<br>&quot;Here is a high horsepower truck IN PROGRESS we are looking into&quot;<br>Didn't anybody read that? Too busy looking at the shiny paint covering up the bad welds?<br><br>Sounds to me like they supplied purple paint for a photo session.<br>You guys give them to much credit for posting pictures, especially after their fiascos last year.<br><br>They prolly already ran it, can't figure out why it is a stone, and are trying to glean from the boards information to fix it.<br>If nothing else, they got lots of free advertising.<br><br>Thumbs up to ATS!<br> You are accomplishing exactly what you set out to do.<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br><br> I couldn't have said it better myself. :P
Old 01-10-2003, 01:02 AM

You know what they say about ASSUME. :
Old 01-10-2003, 02:47 AM

For every step forward in the evolution of any process there are 1000 armchair quarterbacks out there who just know it will never work. Where do they get this ability? Speculation has it that the TV, beer and popcorn can have this effect. My hat has to go off to the guys who will go out to the garage and engage in the process of development that has given us much of what all of us are using today. It would have been much easier for them to watch TV drink beer and eat popcorn.
Old 01-10-2003, 03:25 AM

[quote author=Sled Puller link=board=7;threadid=9206;start=30#90503 date=1042175760]<br>TWO things.<br>One, I'm just as big as jerk in person as I am on the keyboard, I believe several on this site can vouch for me.<br><br>Two,<br> ATS said on the first pic:<br>&quot;Here is a high horsepower truck IN PROGRESS we are looking into&quot;<br>Didn't anybody read that? Too busy looking at the shiny paint covering up the bad welds?<br><br>Sounds to me like they supplied purple paint for a photo session.<br>You guys give them to much credit for posting pictures, especially after their fiascos last year.<br><br>They prolly already ran it, can't figure out why it is a stone, and are trying to glean from the boards information to fix it.<br>If nothing else, they got lots of free advertising.<br><br>Thumbs up to ATS!<br> You are accomplishing exactly what you set out to do.<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Well said Mr. Puller. <br><br>DB
Old 01-10-2003, 06:41 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote author=Sled Puller link=board=7;threadid=9206;start=30#90503 date=1042175760]
TWO things.
One, I'm just as big as jerk in person as I am on the keyboard, I believe several on this site can vouch for me.

Two,
ATS said on the first pic:
&quot;Here is a high horsepower truck IN PROGRESS we are looking into&quot;
Didn't anybody read that? Too busy looking at the shiny paint covering up the bad welds?[/quote]
Obviously, you weren't reading it, since it didn't say that, it said this, &quot;We have decided to give a look at a very high HP truck in progress.&quot;

Now for anyone with basic English skills, that means that they have decided to give us a look at a high hp truck that is being worked on.

Sounds to me like they supplied purple paint for a photo session.
You guys give them to much credit for posting pictures, especially after their fiascos last year.
They also supplied the shop then, because I know where that engine is sitting in reference to the rest of the shop. I stood there a number of times when getting my transmission installed in August.

They prolly already ran it, can't figure out why it is a stone, and are trying to glean from the boards information to fix it.
If nothing else, they got lots of free advertising.
Actually, since you obviously don't know the facts, let me state for the record that ATS is a paying advertiser here, and they're not even the ones who started the thread on this forum, so it has nothing to do with them. You point is irrelevant.

Secondly, you have no fact to back up any of your statements. Nobody really knows anything about this engine and I'm sure when it's completed, they'll publish the test results. At that time, we can all either agree or argue about facts.

Thirdly, the reason I am posting in this thread again is because some people just cannot seem to grasp the rules of the site. I will post them here to give you a refresher:

&quot;You agree, through your use of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.&quot;

&quot;If you're here to start &quot;flame wars&quot;, or intentionally incite arguments and inappropriate discussion, don't register on this forum.&quot;

So basically what I'm saying is, argue the facts without insulting other people on the board, and I'll let you post all day long. Break the rules again, and find another site to play on, because you won't be able to get to this one.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:35 AM

Jack,<br><br>I think what sled puller is trying to say is how can you say that you are giving us a look at a high power truck in progress before you test something therefore that would lead you to believe that it has been tested and needs further testing. I am a drag racer so I see people all the time with theories that they think will work and they tell us how they are gonna make big power then reality sets in. <br><br>I don't know how long you have been following ATS(Don Ramer) but I think gene is probably also refuring to last year when Don truck was gonna tear us all up and make over 600hp on straight diesel then made 4_ _ something. Once that # was seen he said that he was testing a new combination. :<br><br>Please don't see this as a flame to anyone I am just trying to point out where you guys might be having your differences.<br><br>I can tell you gene is the same way in person. ;D
Old 01-10-2003, 04:11 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Sled puller either you still do not see it or you are not making yourself clear on one point. ATS posted the pictures on their site as a glimpse at something they are working on.<br><br> ATS did not post the pictures here, a member of DTR did because he was curious about something he saw, not because he was interested in giving anybody any free advertising.<br><br> I won't argue the point as to whether this motor will or will not produce favorably, but I will state emphatically that choosing to slam it based on a singular point of view being &quot;ATS posted it&quot; is wholly irrelevant and not within the scope of discussion on the issue.<br><br> Would you make the same statement were it posted by anyone else, I don't think so. This is where it leaves the realm of discussion and becomes nothing more than a bashing.<br><br> That is what we do not want here, I don't care who's pictures they are, or who posted them bashing the thread because of a personal dislike is not acceptable.<br><br> Saying you don't think it will work, or even claiming to have tried it yourself and know it will fail, does fall into the boundary of acceptable discussion.<br><br> Bottom line here Puller is if somebody puts a picture up here of something you are working on and another person feels the need to bash it, I will be having the same talk with them.
Old 01-10-2003, 04:51 PM
Chapter President

Well I didnt want this post to turn into a flaming event....as I sit back and read everyones comments....I thought it was an interesting concept by just looking at the engine photos....since for 32 years everyday that I worked it was on diesel motors and trucks until I retired last year...and for 32 years I hated diesels....now Iam begining to enjoy the diesel world again...I know the cummins engines have a potental thats as yet is untapped this is a overbuild strong motor for our hot rodding needs....Ive seen this just using the Insite Program on the big rigs (Iam Insite Trained by Cummins) to change Horse Power with just a laptop puter....the combination of good engineering along with computer technology will advance us hot rodders to new high horse power engines that 10 years ago was only a dream...Iam looking forward to the coming 10 years... ;D ;D ;D
Old 01-10-2003, 04:57 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

I wonder if the first guy to say &quot;Gee what would happen if I used two turbochargers on a diesel&quot; had the same problems.
Old 01-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Chapter President

[quote author=Shovelhead link=board=7;threadid=9206;start=30#90748 date=1042239456]<br>I wonder if the first guy to say &quot;Gee what would happen if I used two turbochargers on a diesel&quot; had the same problems.<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Good one....hehehe...I even remember when Detroit Diesel added a turbo to a blowen engine....that was a new concept
Old 01-10-2003, 05:56 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

[quote author=Shovelhead link=board=7;threadid=9206;start=30#90748 date=1042239456]<br>I wonder if the first guy to say &quot;Gee what would happen if I used two turbochargers on a diesel&quot; had the same problems.<br>[/quote]<br>I guarantee he did if he was in competiton with it ;D<br><br> I grew up on a race track myself so I understand the passion these guys have for what they do. It is part of what makes them want to compete that also makes them very protective of the way they do things and in many cases it comes to blows and anyone ever spending time in the pits will tell you.<br><br> Thats all good stuff (except the blows part) and we definately want these individuals here sharing their insight and knowledge and even welcome a good strong debate. We just need to keep it inside the boundary's of good social behavior.<br><br> I like when guys can be passionate about something and disagree entirely, but still maintain the composure to do so gracefully.<br><br> By not slipping into personal insults, EVERYBODY wins in the end, after all when the green flag drops, the BS stops and thats when it really matters anyway.

Quick Reply: ATS Triple Chargers. First Look