Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

ATS Triple Chargers. First Look

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 11:01 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re:ATS Triple Chargers. First Look

I removed the last post in this thread because the individual felt the need to make it a personal issue.<br><br> This is a real simple concept that we are trying to enforce here people. Say what you want and make your point known, but do it in a manner that is not bashing another.<br><br> It will not be tolerated and will only lead to having you banned from the site.<br><br>
Old 01-08-2003, 12:24 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not posted on this thread cuz I figured I would get my hand slapped for doing so, but decided maybe a few words should be typed after all.<br><br>The idea of a compound set-up of turbos is to use the secondary charger to do less work than the primary.<br><br>The primary charger is the workhorse in 99% of twin set-ups.<br>Some compounds run linear pressure ratios in a few cases and work the turbos equally. This systems does not follow either scenerio and thus is not going to work optimal or not work at all IMO. They will surge like crazy unless you have your foot firmly planted in the throttle at all times and will not even give the desired effect of compounding.<br><br>Don~ <br><br><br><br><br>
Old 01-08-2003, 12:55 PM
DTR Advertiser

Over there things get kinda out of hand......Brian runs that site wide open with little moderation....Im still undecided on that tactic, but not opposed at it.

Don~
Old 01-08-2003, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Oh yay, more speculation :

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the numbers are like after putting it through the paces. Only the facts are going to really show what will and won't work. The facts won't come out until the system has been run and tested. I'll form my opinion on that setup at that time since I don't know enough about Turbos to understand completely how this will work.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote author=Don M link=board=7;threadid=9206;start=15#89851 date=1042050299]<br>They will surge like crazy unless you have your foot firmly planted in the throttle at all times and will not even give the desired effect of compounding.<br>[/quote]<br><br>What do you think this truck is designed for. Its being built for competition use.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:52 PM
DTR Advertiser

I know they are building it for competiton use. If you want to make more power you add fuel and air. At the right time of course, but the basic fuel and air additions make the power level increase.

This turbo system will not compound the air charge or raise the pressure of the air enough to matter. So the performance could be dismal and the surge problem at low speeds will be high.

Don~

I also wanted to add that at 5000ft of elevation the problem will manifest itself worse. The surge and lack of compounding

Old 01-08-2003, 02:59 PM

I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:13 PM
Banned

Whether it works or not, it looks 8), and at least it's on a Cummins. ;D
Old 01-08-2003, 03:18 PM
DTR Advertiser

Yeah, they look real cool <br><br>I hate to speak my mind sometimes...I always get blasted. Its funny though...in person folks just listen to what I have to say and generally agree with me.<br><br>Don~
Old 01-08-2003, 03:36 PM

[quote author=Don M link=board=7;threadid=9206;start=15#89934 date=1042060702]
Yeah, they look real cool

I hate to speak my mind sometimes...I always get blasted. Its funny though...in person folks just listen to what I have to say and generally agree with me.

Don~
[/quote]

It's easy to flame someone on the 'net, different story when they can [female dog] slap you if your face to face...
Old 01-08-2003, 03:44 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

[quote author=TPilaske link=board=7;threadid=9206;start=15#89941 date=1042061788]<br>[quote author=Don M link=board=7;threadid=9206;start=15#89934 date=1042060702]<br>Yeah, they look real cool <br><br>I hate to speak my mind sometimes...I always get blasted. Its funny though...in person folks just listen to what I have to say and generally agree with me.<br><br>Don~<br>[/quote]<br><br>It's easy to flame someone on the 'net, different story when they can [female dog] slap you if your face to face... <br>[/quote]<br><br>&quot;Keyboard Courage&quot;
Old 01-08-2003, 04:12 PM

I agree that there are a lot of people that are brave setting behind thier monitor.<br><br>I am not sure about the surge that is being described by Don M. <br><br>Each HY35 is feed by 3 cylinders,then into seperate sides of the HX60. Each HY35 feads its own intercooler and into a double intake. I think the engine would have a balanced air supply and exhuast.<br><br>But thats my simple view of it.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:39 PM

&quot;I hate to speak my mind sometimes...I always get blasted. Its funny though...in person folks just listen to what I have to say and generally agree with me.&quot;<br><br>I can't wait till I meet you someday. Trust me, I'd tell you exactly what I thought of your ideas in person. <br><br>Here's the way I'm looking at this whole thing. Who knows where that project is heading. Those may not even be the turbos that are going to use for sure. Perhaps they are going to start experiementing then change and replace till the setup works good. It's VERY hard to tell that the setup will absolutely 100% not work or even how well from those pictures. We'll have to wait and see. <br>
Old 01-08-2003, 06:50 PM
Chapter President

Iam sure there will be changes and experiementing to this rig and the concept is interesting...Iam sure they have not put the engine thru a engine dyno ater building it and will dyno it when the truck is build<br>My other thought is maybe they will try for the truck land speed record....rather then doing burn outs in some parking lot to show off the power it has ??<br>.

Quick Reply: ATS Triple Chargers. First Look