Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Any diesel shops in Northwest Connecticut?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any diesel shops in Northwest Connecticut?

Hi! I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I hope I am posting in the right category. Just like to say this site rocks!
I have learned this first hand that the stock auto needs help. I only have 18000 on my truck, and just after installing my EZ at 17300, my tranny started giving me trouble - like erratic shifting and excessive slippage.
Any way I am planning on building my tranny with ATS torque converter, valve body and controller, as well as adding guages. Does anybody know of any reputable shops around Northwest Connecticut (I am from Salisbury) that can install both the tranny and the guages?
Old 12-12-2003, 01:31 PM

Re:Any diesel shops in Northwest Connecticut?

Man, you are up in the corner of CT! Well, there's Ted Jannetty's in Waterbury,CT and Mass Diesel in Walpole, MA. Guys drive time zones to visit Scott at Mass Diesel; he's good with trannys. Check both of them out online, and maybe we'll see you at a Hooter's meet in Wethersfield, CT sometime in the spring.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:40 PM

Hey Commatoze, thanks for the reply. I checked out Jannetty's yesterday and got my guages installed(EGT, Fuel Pressure, Boost). Man, those Autometer Lunars are very responsive! I also had the Monster exhaust installed. I was amazed at the increase in responsiveness after the exhaust install, I thought the main benefit would just be lower EGT's.
I also had the trans serviced and it turned out the bands just needed adjustmant, especially the 1-2 shift-it did wonders for the trans. But after injectors, I will get that ATS trans soon enough.
Also, does anybody know where can I get some Cummins decals to put on my truck?
Hey Commatoze, hope to see at the Hooter's meet. Can you give me some info on the event? Thanks.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:20 PM

i highly recommend Scott at Mass Diesel. He will build you a transmission to last, and no matter what problems (if any) happen when built, it will be taken care of (just ask ToolManTimTaylor). he builds DTT transmissions though, not ATS. however, this is the transmission i prefer and i can give you detailed info over PM's. otherwise, ats is a great transmission too. whatever you're happy with 8)

btw, you definately have to make it to the meetings in the future...oodles of fun!

Tom
Old 12-18-2003, 06:22 AM

[quote author=Mr. C link=board=7;threadid=23638;start=0#msg225451 date=1071711658]
............Hey Commatoze, hope to see at the Hooter's meet. Can you give me some info on the event? Thanks.
[/quote]

Well, there won't be anything until Spring, but a bunch of guys get together at the above location for lunch and a show in the parking lot. Stay tuned to the "Events" forum as it's usually posted there. Another site for New England owners is http://netdp.proboards14.com/index.cgi You'll find lots of info on upcoming dyno meets and wrench days.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:21 AM

I agree. Mass Diesel is top shelf. he backs everything he does and is excellent at it. Have placed over 25,000 miles on my DTT tranny and it will not break. Great people that work for him. For Cummin's decals, I would check www.genosgarage.com. They have some things.