Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Airaid Filters

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airaid Filters

Any body hear of a company in Scottsdale Az called Airaid? They supposedly have an air filter kit comparable to the AFE. They boast 20% more air flow than stock. The local ******* is peddling them but won't share much info. The price is comparable to AFE.
Old 10-09-2002, 02:39 PM

Re:Airaid Filters

never heard of em. did a quick search and found this.<br><br>airaid
Old 10-09-2002, 04:36 PM

I tried a search and found nothing, must be wrong search engine<br>
Old 10-09-2002, 04:39 PM

Thanks for the help, ??? their website does not show any thing for the cummins
Old 10-09-2002, 06:15 PM

I've heard of them. I've heard they're not as good as AFE, K&amp;N, etc. but that was for gassers. To my knowledge they don't make anything for the Cummins. I know that their TB spacers are a waste of money.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote author=Horse Hauler link=board=7;threadid=5718;start=0#50409 date=1034191008]<br>Any body hear of a company in Scottsdale Az called Airaid? They supposedly have an air filter kit comparable to the AFE. They boast 20% more air flow than stock. The local ******* is peddling them but won't share much info. The price is comparable to AFE.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Never heard of them. Interesting name though.
Old 10-09-2002, 10:31 PM
Banned

Airaid makes stuff for the gasser's but I don't think they make anythign for the diesels.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:44 AM

[quote author=Gear Poet link=board=7;threadid=5718;start=0#50728 date=1034222079]<br>The TB spacer they make is called &quot;Poweraid&quot; -- had one on a Jeep 2.5L -- and it made a very slight difference in low-end torque by increasing the volume of air below the plate. (But any spacer would do that.)<br><br>They claim that the Airaid has five layers of cotton gauze, whereas the K&amp;N and AFE have only three -- therefore the Airaids are supposed to filter better, in addition to the improved air flow. They also claim that the &quot;oil&quot; they use on the gauze is actually a polymer that is &quot;stickier&quot; and will not evaporate -- whereas the K&amp;N/AFE petroleum-based product will evaporate over time, etc. <br><br>GP<br>[/quote]<br><br>Yes, I am familiar with the Poweraid. The only reason I mentioned it is because I think it says something about the company in general not just the quality of the spacer. This is the description of the poweraid taken directly from their website:<br><br>The POWERAIDŽ TBS concept was developed to enhance mid-range power, torque and fuel efficiency. The unique dyno-proven &quot;Helix Bore&quot; of the POWERAIDŽ TBS causes a spinning action of the incoming air-charge as it passes through the throttle body. This extremely beneficial air-charge carries all the way into the combustion chamber, producing a super-atomized mixture, which produces tremendous gains in mid-range power and overall efficiency. This is the key element to the horsepower success behind each POWERAIDŽ TBS.<br><br>This was taken from www.speedtweaks.net: <br>Throttle Body Spacers (Primarily the &quot;Helix&quot; style): <br><br>These spacers do not provide any gains in HP at all. They claim to increase TQ and MPG but we tested one and it gained nothing. The Dyno showed no gains in HP or TQ. We also had contacted one of the manufacturers for their comments on them and here's the direct quote (from email): <br><br>-------------------------------------------- <br><br>From: AirAid Info <br>Subject: Re: AIRAID.COM Contact Form <br>Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 09:20:36 -0700 <br><br>Dear Sir, thank you for your inquiry in our products. The spacer makes no HP on the Dyno. It makes all of it's power in torque in the low end. If you haven't noticed any power on the Dyno or the track then it's doing what it's supposed to. You would not see any gains down the 1/4 mile or increases on the Dyno. The idea of the spacer is to improve overall drivability and fuel mileage. In most cases when people install a bolt on part they expect better mileage and power, what happens is they are into the throttle a lot more than before trying to test performance and that's when the decrease in mileage happens. <br><br>Sincerely, <br><br>&lt;Airaid Technician&gt;
Old 10-10-2002, 11:01 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

HMMMMMMM, maybe they need to change the name of the product to &quot;Wallet-raid&quot;
Old 10-10-2002, 11:15 AM

Thanks for all the info. I should do the right thing and spend money on time tested products instead of an off brand.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:16 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen the airraid filter on quite a few ford trucks. They appear to be too small in size. <br><br>Don~
Old 10-10-2002, 11:25 AM

[quote author=Shovelhead link=board=7;threadid=5718;start=0#50959 date=1034265669]<br>HMMMMMMM, maybe they need to change the name of the product to &quot;Wallet-raid&quot;<br>[/quote]<br><br> Good stuff!

Quick Reply: Airaid Filters