Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

After market cd players and Infinity speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After market cd players and Infinity speakers

Does anyone know the deal with this set up? I have a 99 w/ the factory infinity speakers. I've tried 2 different aftermarket radios that worked in other vehicles. I've installed them in my truck and only the radio would come through the speakers. Once I put a cd in, it would play and skip tracks, etc but no sound would come out. One was an Alpine w/ XM, with that one, the regular radio worked but no cd or xm. The latest was a Sony, same deal.

What's up with that???

Any input would be helpful. I'm thinking I need to replace the speakers but I thought I'd poke around abit here first.

Thanks.

BTW, not the same truck as in sig but the same Alpine.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:33 PM

Yea I'm having the same problem. No sound comes out. The Infinity sound system comes with amplifiers behind each speaker. The only way is to bypass the amps. Just run straight wire from behind the deck to each speaker. I've called an audio shop in town and he suggested this as well. He said the sound quality would probably be a little better too.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:36 PM

Thanks man. Do you know if it would be possible to just bypass the amp at the speaker w/out running a new wire from the head unit?

I wonder why it plays radio only? Weird.

Thanks again!!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:48 PM

No prob. That's what I was thinking of trying first. I haven't messed with it yet. But actually I have a feeling it won't work. Cause whenever I power up the stereo I can hear a relay clicking from the center of the dash. Makes me think there's another piece of equipment controlling the amps. Just one thing, you have a '99 and I have a '96. I'm not sure if anything is different in your truck.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:06 PM

I had the same problem when I put my Alpine radio/cd player in my 97 Ram. I realized that I had hooked up the power antenna wire to turn on the Infinity amps on the speakers. This made the amps work ONLY when the radio was on, but, turn off when I put a cd in. I fixed it after looking at a wiring diagram of my wiring harness/adapter and the wiring diagram of my radio connections. I noticed that I had missed a wire that was a power wire for remote turn on of amps. If I can remember tomorrow, I'll see if I can find my owners manual for my radio because I think I wrote down what wires to connect.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:37 PM

That would be sweet. Thanks alot.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
correct. some radio's have a blue (amp signal) and a blue with white stripe (antenna) be sure to hook the amp signal wire off the aftermarket radio to the blue wire (maybe a blue with white stripe) on the aftermarket adapter harness. that'll cure all your problems.