Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

90 hp injectors??? ya right

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 10:37 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Roman,

I have no problem sending him another set of injectors if that is the problem. There is no sense in sending him another set if that isnt the problem just to appeaze a diesel forum. There is no sense just throwing parts at a truck hoping it will fix it. I have him checking a couple of things to make sure it isnt a boost code defueling the truck.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

well,how about b-d sends me a set of 130hp ones for the same price,that would be great costomer service.or maybe thats asking for to much,but hey you cant blame a guy for trying,with the boost fooler installed there may be some increase in the higher rpms 2500 and up.but i dont want to rev my truck to 3k just to feel a diference,at low rpms and normal driving 1000-2200rpms and under 20 psi boost i dont notice any diference,torque was what i was looking for mostly and i didnt find it with these,maybe their geared for giving 90hp at 2500 and up????,mite be my fault some what also, for not asking where the power increase would be felt,i assumed it would be in all the power band,and also i should have asked what if any torque increase could be had.it wasnt posted on their site.so today ill be pulling them out and sending them back.all in all it was a learning experience.i will be a pro at installing injectors.and if i do get another set i will get it in writing what thier performance specs are and what to expect from them.and i guess with all fairness to b-d,i should have been more descriptive in telling them what i have in lines of a box,they assumed my van aaken box had a boost fooler and so did i till i was informed it didnt.so to all that replied and almost started a war,i thank you for all the great replies,and i guess to the guys who said"""dont waste your time on anything less than 100hp"""you were right.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:24 AM
DTR Advertiser

DD, Did you install the boost fooler and still get no power increase?

Were these injectors a set that were fully tested? Opening pressure, chatter, etc or did you just get the nozzles and install them into your stock injector nozzle holders?

The reason I ask is that I have seen the nozzle only option be a very disapponiting solution for some folks. Nozzle only solutions should be limited to injection shops with the proper equipment, in my opinion only. Too many things are working against you getting the correct nozzle opening pressure when the nozzles are replaced and not checked.

Im still surprised the old school shops are providing a "nozzle only" option knowing the opening pressure can be all over the place and the internal wear that can be present in a large pecentage of used injectors.

Of course if you bought a fully assembled and tested set...this shoulod not be the trouble and you should feel 90 HP. Thats a huge increase in power output.

Don~
Old 03-02-2005, 11:24 AM

I put RV275 injectors and could tell the difference right away. They
are supposed to be only good for 50H.P. , so the 90H.P. should
have really made a difference. I also have the Van Aaken , but mine
is the new Smart Box V5 with built in boost fooler.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:56 PM

Question

well im assuming b-d does all the tests mentioned above,i was going to opt for the nozzle only option but got scared away by the reasons you mentioned.they were a complete set built by b-d i guess????the thing that got me was the price,they were 2-300$ cheaper than say the jammers or the mach 2s and such.i dont know enough about the presures and such to install nozzles my self. diesel camper,with those rv 275s,do you notice a difference in all the powerband or just the topend???.like i said before,my buddy has the same truck as me with a longbox and way more miles,hes got an edge ez and rv 275s and his gets along pretty well.he also has stock exhaust,also like i said before with the boost fooler there does seem like a diference on the hiway at 2500rpms and up,city driving doesnt seem any diferent till you rev it to 3k,its the torque that gets me,it seems worse,i know thats not possible but it seems that way.from stock the box made a nice diference in all the powerband and the torque was nicely noticeable.i also got it for a great deal used on ebay.so it was a wicked bang for the buck.these seem hardly noticable till you rev the%^%^&*( out of it.anyway,mite as well put an end to this thread,i will pull them out and maybe get a used set of 100hp or higher off ebay or somthing and maybe try a comp box.thanx for all the replies,i posted onanother forum and barley got any replies,this place rocks||||||||||
Old 03-02-2005, 01:51 PM
DTR Advertiser

Dave,

Give me a call. 800-887-5030. Our injectors are assembled here in our fuel lab which has been doing diesel work for over 30 years. Each one is tested before they leave. We arent just popping nozzles on and firing them out the door.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:10 PM

Red face

once again,i never meant to say b-d isnt testing their products before sale,the guy asked if they were tested properly and i had to say i would assume the tests were done as b-d is a large reputable company,not some fly by nite shop.i still havent drove the truck with the box removed and the boost fooler still on,i will when i go into town today.ill post the results.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:24 PM

I felt a difference from my injectors from 1500 rpm all the
way up to 2400 rpm where I normally shift in high power
situations. With just the Van Aaken box the truck would
start to "lay down" at around 2100 rpm , with the new
injectors the power gain was felt through-out the rpm
range and extended my power up to 2400rpm.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Banned

A fueling box can adjust fueling curve any where the manufacturer desires, bottom end, top end, mid range, all ranges, any where.

An injector will follow along pretty much the same fueling curve as the stock program. Bigger injectors just add more fuel (power) through out the whole fueling curve and can have a spike here and there but should be for the most part consistant.

Add a fueling box and injectors together and you can get more power out of a rated injector. Thats how a box works on injectors and why your stock injectors can produce more power. Bigger injectors and a box should produce more Hp than what the injector is rated for. Not all curcumstances but most.

Yes you should feel more power at all rpm's with bigger injectors until your stock ecm starts to defuel the injection pump computer at approx. 2600-2700 rpm's. A 90 Hp injector along with a 60 Hp (van akkan) fueling box should be very noticable. Your EGT's should also rise considerably with that much fuel going through the engine.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:15 PM
Banned

Also don't confuss defueling of boost at 20 PSI with defueling from the ecm at 2600-2700 rpm's. They are two different animals altogether.

A 90 Hp injector along with a 60 Hp fueling box should stress your clutch to the point of slipping, if not slip it when ever you mash the throttle, especially towing.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:05 PM

Unhappy

thats what i thought,i figured the box and injectors should max out my stock clutch,thats why i chose the 90hp and not more.i can mash it all the time,from a dead stop or while moving and no clutch slippage or tire slippage{spinning}once in awhile going around a corner in third and mashing it they will spin a bit.let out a chirp or 2.i took the box off today and left the boost fooler on and eeeeek,it was awful,well not awful cuz stock on these rigs is pretty good.but it felt like stock again,had to really get into her to get any boost,egts seem close to the same with or without the box,mite go up a little faster with the box,but stay at 6-700 cruising,900 when i mash her and leave it there.anyway its not a big deal,b-d is gonna return them or exchange for some other ones. do you guys have any sugestions????????
Old 03-02-2005, 07:13 PM

Unhappy

i must also add,after reading the last post,that makes total sense,the injectors follow the curve of the box,but with out a box 90hp injectors should be felt all through the powerband rite???with out the box the truck seemed like stock throughout the entire powerband especially the low end,it would shake when takin below 1000rpms in 4th,with the box its smooth down that low.with out the injectors it was smooth to with the box,thats why i was so happy with the box,less shifting.anyway ill post on the progress.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:28 PM

Suggestion buy a Hemi
Old 03-02-2005, 11:58 PM

Talking

when they make diesel powered hemis,ill be first in line.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:50 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by TDIDog
Suggestion buy a Hemi

Yup, I've always wanted to have less HP & Torque with an added benefit of less miles per gallon.

Quick Reply: 90 hp injectors??? ya right