Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

90 hp injectors??? ya right

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 01:43 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kevin,

At one time, before the lay-offs, BD power had 40 plus employees. How many would answer the phone and field calls?

Also, what does me responding or not responding have to do with anything or the validity of the guys problem? Are you saying the guy is making a false post or bad mouthing BD power for me or otherwise? That is nuts, if that is what you are implying. It is not your business, but I turn work down daily. I dont need a fake post or poster to prop me up.

Don~
Old 03-01-2005, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Mike D
For a company to sell injectors or nozzles and then say you need a box to get the full benefit is BS IMHO. I could understand someone saying you might need a bigger turbo to keep EGTs in check, but a box. Dyno numbers should be provide from a bench mark close to stock, otherwise it should be noted clearly in the advertisment for all to see. Buyer beware. Ask for something in writing via e-mail and if something that is promised is not delivered, you have something to back you up.
Don told that to ROADWARRIOR that bought a set of mach 6's. I will dig up the thread on TDR.

Justin

EDIT:

http://turbodieselregistry.com/forum...d.php?t=122681

ROADWARRIOR said...

Why is my sig. funny? It should indicate to you that I have some firsthand knowledge to back up what I said. Have you tried any of the above mentioned injectors? What makes you an expert? Or are you just a cheerleader without actual experience? I am still running them because I don't have the coin to purchase anything else right now. If I were to do it over again, I would have made a different purchase, but hindsite is 20/20. I am not bashing them either, they are a fine injector if you like friendly street manners. These were sold to me on the premise that they would utilize all of my available air without tapping the pump wire, and that towing would barely be possible. I can't get them to run over 1050 no matter what on either pyro empty or towing, so I guess that wasn't a true sales pitch. I was looking for and was told I was buying the biggest set of injectors my twins would support without running a fueling box. In my first post, I said that I believe there are injectors out there that can make 60hp over the mach 6 with no other fueling enhancements. If you read Nathan's post, he pretty much said the same thing. Why is it, that there are some products that get such a cult following, that if you mention anything other than wonderful things about them, you get everybody all riled up and receive death threats? Again, I never knocked them, I just believe there are more powerful injectors if smoke is not an issue.

I got kinda of heated there for a little bit. But its all in good fun.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:05 PM
DTR Advertiser

Originally posted by Don M
Kevin,

At one time, before the lay-offs, BD power had 40 plus employees. How many would answer the phone and field calls?

There is actually over 70 employees here. If they ask for tech there is only 3 or 4 that would get this call.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Muted User

Seemed fishy to me that’s all. I have had great luck with BD in the past and found it hard to believe that they would not stand behind a product, duallydave the thread starter is a newbie, I could not believe that 90 HP injectors were not noticeable and I could not believe you hadn’t come in on this post earlier praising the Mach series... So yes, I was beginning to question some things... call me a conspiracy theorist if you will. But here it turned out fine, as there was someone at BD who talked to him and its not a bogus thread. Therefore, I respectfully apologize to all involved for suggesting otherwise.

I will say however, though, Don you do have a habit of hijacking most every injector thread on here in order to sell your line. I don’t think I have to apologize for saying that, but in the interest of legality, I will state that this is my personal opinion only and not that of the forum or necessarily anyone else (although I would suspect there are plenty of others who would agree....)

Kevin
Old 03-01-2005, 02:23 PM
DTR Advertiser

RoadWarrior got the HP he was told he would get. All Mach 6's give 220. Most give more. His complaint was low EGT. I told him if he wanted to get more heat and power he needed a wire tap box. The Mach 6 was designed to give the most the pump can push with a wire tap and not run the EGT through the roof. His complaint is not enough EGT. I have never in my life seen anyone that wanted more EGT.

I never told him he needed a box to get the power he was promised. He got it. Everyone does! So, no I did not tell him he needed a box to get his full 220. Totally different story here.

Remember, he ran the old style Mach 3. They were hot as fire crackers and smoked twice what a Mach 6 does. ON top of that we took the old 3's in on trade. No other company does that. He had minimal cost in the upgrade to 6's and yes the 6's make mucho more power than the old style 3.

Good try Justin.

Don~
Old 03-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Easy gentlemen, Keep to the facts and this will stay open. Start taking this in a personal direction and we will have to lock this one.

Rich.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:55 PM

Originally posted by Don M
RoadWarrior got the HP he was told he would get. All Mach 6's give 220. Most give more. His complaint was low EGT. I told him if he wanted to get more heat and power he needed a wire tap box. The Mach 6 was designed to give the most the pump can push with a wire tap and not run the EGT through the roof. His complaint is not enough EGT. I have never in my life seen anyone that wanted more EGT.

I never told him he needed a box to get the power he was promised. He got it. Everyone does! So, no I did not tell him he needed a box to get his full 220. Totally different story here.

Remember, he ran the old style Mach 3. They were hot as fire crackers and smoked twice what a Mach 6 does. ON top of that we took the old 3's in on trade. No other company does that. He had minimal cost in the upgrade to 6's and yes the 6's make mucho more power than the old style 3.

Good try Justin.

Don~

A little feather ruffling never hurts anyone does it? Its good for competition, keeps people keen and "on top of there game."

As for the good try??? I will that one go.

As for the complaint on EGT's, that sounds absurd!!

Hey Rich, do you think DTR members need to treat injector threads the same as the beloved tranny threads???

Again,

"The calm and collected” Justin-
Old 03-01-2005, 02:56 PM

Hmmm,

My mach 6's made in excess of 220 HP over stock using no box...... Then with the box turned on I made another 140+ HP using an Edge Drag Comp. Not too bad for using a 120 HP box

Doug
Old 03-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by justinp20012500
Hey Rich, do you think DTR members need to treat injector threads the came as the beloved tranny threads???

Again,

"The calm and collected” Justin-
No.
DTR members need to treat ALL threads the same.
That is, all posts need to be made in accordance to the site rules.

Rich.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Chapter President

My statement was was one of general business practice, nothing more. I wasn't directing it towards anyone.

I don't think Don M. has anything to worry about on this site.

I actually think it's pretty awesome that Don will take a lesser hp injector back in on an upgrade.

It's kind of like when you walk in to a place to do buisness and you had a problem. You're all tense, knowing you're going to have to fight to get it done your way. Then, the guy says no problem, we can do it your way. You're like WHAT??? Wait just one second! I'm already to scrap it out with you over the issue and you just cut my sails. Now I'm disappointed.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:53 PM

Unhappy

HHHHolllly crapppolaa,i didnt want to start a war here.just wanted some info on the injectors i installed.i just wanted to know if 90hp injectors would give a very noticable diference.i in no means wanted to badmouth any one or any vendor,i dont think i did,i called b-d in canada where i live and just posted what i was told.i never meant to ruffle any feathers.i wanted some """Unbiased"""opinions on what these injectors should feel like,i never said b-d wouldnt return them or stand behind thier product.they just didnt want to send me another set to try,i am a newbie to this forum and to diesels as well,i thought 90hp should be very significant in the sop.i use the term "roast the tires"but thats not what i intend to do all the time.its just a power term i use.i supose i could use "push into the seat"any way if i started a war i appologize and i badmouthed anyone or vendor i also appologize,once again,thanx for all the great great responses.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:58 PM
DTR Advertiser

Re: jectrz

Originally posted by TDIDog
So much for BD standin behind their product! They should be doin what it takes to make you happy. There are a lot of potental customers on this site and you'd think BD would try to satisfy you. Some companies will spend thousands on advertising to get you in the door, but then when your in they won't do what it takes to keep you comin back. Go figure eh. I've got dd2 & comp on ez & it rocks pretty good. I think you should feel 90 hp. Hound the Edit out of them till you get satisfation.

You might want to take a look at this and rethink your post a little, considering your post was before we even heard about his problem
Old 03-01-2005, 11:49 PM

DuallyDave,

is the boost fooler installed yet? i think that is your biggest obstacle here. let us know if so and how the power feels afterwards.

i had DD3's and it had great power up to 2200rpm then the SOP told me it gave up. figured it was my turbo not providing enough air. but went to the dyno (comp in EZ mode) and 366hp up to 3000rpm, and 875ft*lb tq at 2100rpm. i was surprised at those numbers. but on the dyno your are not pushing the truck through an 80mph headwind. i wanted a bigger turbo to open up my top end but crashed the truck before i could upgrade. also, i had a stock hx35w/12 turbo, K&N drop in filter (at time of dyno), straight 3" exhaust, and no pusher pump or fuel line upgrades.....i could get fuel pressure to drop to only 5psi and egt's to only hit 1300*F on long pulls....even at 5000' elevation and boost around 38psi at most at 1000' elevation.... this was all with a comp box. dyno was EZ setting only cuz the scotch lock fell off. the fuel pressure and egt numbers were after the wire was connected. i had power and no egt issues, i still dont understand why. oh and the truck MOVED!!! i drove like i stole it. had this setup for 6 months

just MY observations with MY setup, any questions let me know

Pat
Old 03-02-2005, 12:53 AM

jectrz

Hey Pat,
Your right. I think there was a lack of information. I guess I over reacted. I take my comments back. Good on you for coming on this site to help out. Sometimes things get a little heated when we're talkin trucks. I apologize. Thank goodness we have this site to help each other.

jack
Old 03-02-2005, 10:08 AM

Re: Re: jectrz

Originally posted by kantdrive55
You might want to take a look at this and rethink your post a little, considering your post was before we even heard about his problem

BD, send duallydave another set of 90hp injectors so all of us here can see what happens.

Roman

Quick Reply: 90 hp injectors??? ya right