Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

39's are on! (minimal lift)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
39's are on! (minimal lift)

Micheline XL 11.00 r16, (38.7" tall by 10.9" wide). Not too bad on the hiway as far as noise.

Old 07-17-2005, 01:17 PM

Looks excellent. So your only running 2" of lift? Did you just lift the front 2" or the rear also. I have 2" daystars on my truck just to level it out. Also did you cut the fenders any? My 35s rub the back of the fender barely when I'm at full lock. Truck looks good!
Old 07-17-2005, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks awesome! where did you pick them up at? online?

Tx
Old 07-17-2005, 01:34 PM

I am curious where you found the XL's also. I've been looking for a set for a while. 9:00-16 or 11:00-16 in XL, XZL, or XML. Awesome tires!
Old 07-17-2005, 01:54 PM

wow. i want to know about the lift and rubbing, etc. are those 16x8's? looks very good.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:07 PM
Banned

looks great... lotta tire w/ little lift is awesome

not a big fan of the fender flares, but I could see it being tough to trim the fenders cleanly on these trucks
Old 07-17-2005, 02:24 PM

we need more pics and more details.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by SuperDave4x4
Looks excellent. So your only running 2" of lift? Did you just lift the front 2" or the rear also. I have 2" daystars on my truck just to level it out. Also did you cut the fenders any? My 35s rub the back of the fender barely when I'm at full lock. Truck looks good!
I have aire bags in the back, which I can lift up about 2". Right now there making it sit level. I had to remove alot of the inner plastic fender to clear. Then a little off the front light grey fender corner. And finally I had to nip the back corner of the fender. I pulled back the plastic trim and cut about 1.5" off the corner, then heated and molded the plastic over the area. This along with the fender flares made it a pretty clean install.

Originally posted by TxDiesel007

looks awesome! where did you pick them up at? online?

Tx
I found a place in Edmonton , Canada. But through searching on the internet, I have found a few places in the USA that have good used ones for sale.

Originally posted by turbo dreams
wow. i want to know about the lift and rubbing, etc. are those 16x8's? looks very good.
Yes they are 16 x 8. A 16 x 7 rim would have worked better for these tires. I have no rubbing at all, even when I fully turn.

I know a few other people running these same tires, As far as I know there the only tire to get 100,000 km's or more. Then they can still be re-grooved to get another 30,000km.

These tires are alot better than any other mud tire I've tired. Some of the super swamper stuff might be better in the mud, but they burn up on the hiway.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:56 PM
Banned

what brand of flares?

you think an aftermarket glass fender would clear without the 2" lift up front?

my next truck is going to be a 2nd gen 4x4... I want the most tire with the least lift, and 2" leveling kits scare me due to death wobble... not affraid of hacking the fenders for clearance. not a huge fan of fender flares... I know there isn't a lot of room at the rear of the front fender for trimming... maybe longer control arms and a custom front bumper that doesn't wrap around so far?
Old 07-17-2005, 03:33 PM

Originally posted by Forrest Nearing
what brand of flares?

you think an aftermarket glass fender would clear without the 2" lift up front?

my next truck is going to be a 2nd gen 4x4... I want the most tire with the least lift, and 2" leveling kits scare me due to death wobble... not affraid of hacking the fenders for clearance. not a huge fan of fender flares... I know there isn't a lot of room at the rear of the front fender for trimming... maybe longer control arms and a custom front bumper that doesn't wrap around so far?
I didn't want to put the flares on but, with a 35" or bigger tire, you need aftermarket rims with more offset, so that they don't rub when turning. My 16 x 8 looked bad without the Bushwacker flares.

Not sure what your asking about the glass fender?
Old 07-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Banned

asking if an aftermarket fender would prevent the need for flares or lift...

my buddy's running 37.5's on stock alloys on his '02... love the look of the stock wheels... not sure if he's rubbing the arms on turns or not... he does have a 4.5" Skyjacker setup though. (your truck looks better obviously )

thanks for the help, I've never had a 4x4 dodge... not sure what does and doesn't work... on older square bodied stuff, hacking the fenders always worked, but there's only so much you can trim on these trucks... that's why I was wondering if longer control arms would allow more tire w/ less lift...

thanks again,

Forrest
Old 07-17-2005, 03:50 PM

i want to find some of those tires. what gear ratio are you running? the michelin site says those tires have a top speed of almost 65 mph. i guess they build up too much heat. they'd be a good tire for around the country. but they don't rub at all? i need to look into these. got any other pics?
Old 07-17-2005, 04:00 PM

Originally posted by turbo dreams
i want to find some of those tires. what gear ratio are you running? the michelin site says those tires have a top speed of almost 65 mph. i guess they build up too much heat. they'd be a good tire for around the country. but they don't rub at all? i need to look into these. got any other pics?
I have 3.55 gears, so 90mph (150kmph) @ 2000rpm. They are only rated for 63mph, but I drive at 80mph all day long, I have the tires siped, so I think that helps with the heat. I also have 10 oz's of balance beads in each tire, very little vibration at higher speeds ( less than my 315 BF mud terrians).

I will try to take some more pics. And no rubbing at all.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:03 PM

Here is the site I first saw these tires. There are some places that have hundreds of these tires used. I think I've even seen some on Ebay.

http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos5.htm
Old 07-17-2005, 04:18 PM

those tires would probably work good on the factory chrome 16x6.5's i have laying around. there is a miltary surplus place around here and he has everything from military tri axle vehicles to jeeps and who know what else. it's like a compound of stuff outside. seen tires there as i drove by. going to check it out later this week.

Quick Reply: 39's are on! (minimal lift)