Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

2001 Cummins = Too Loud Says Neighbour = Me GRRRR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5SvekhVB3I

thats got it...enjoy the rumble
Old 08-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that thing sounds good ^.... I'd put that as my alarm clock if I could, lol.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:42 PM

that thing sounds great........ my neighbors would really hate me at 5:30am... or should i say they would hate me even more if i get to put stacks on the ol' 12V
Old 08-09-2007, 11:59 PM

My dad took a recording of his truck starting up and idling on his phone and has it a a ringer.

I think that truck in the video is the one on Black Cloud Diesels site. Good looking rig.

As for the nieghbor... like it was said I'd make it louder and get up and 3:30 in the morning and pull into the street and rev the **** out of it.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:36 AM

I live out in the sticks where i live and got a neighbors just like like yours. When i had my loud cars, he said my speeds of 25 was to fast on a country road.(yea right) Since I got my cummins with 4 inch straighted piped, no muffler, he really loves me. I leave 5:20 am to go to work, I drive by his house and hammer it at the last second and let him hear some wooshin sounds. I told him i would drive slow because i don't want to have the remains of a drunken butt hole allover my truck. When i come home at 11:30 at night. I do just the same.It just puts a big smile on my face to see him run out his house yelling all the time creating new swear word combinations.

Yes, this does sound mean, but there is a long story behind it. To make it short, he use to throw stuff at my cars, jump out of the tree in front of me, and stuff like that. To make matter better for me, worse for him. My dad owns a 95 stroker with 5'' stack and a 05 with 6'' stacks that drives by 20 mins after i pass his house. But my truck is louder. Too add to this, my sis got a 07 cummins that she drives by his house scootin (drivin fast).
Old 08-10-2007, 01:43 AM

wow what a pain some neighbors can be. i tear around my streets in my dads truck which has an 4" turbo back mbrp and a fulll sb intake with the cat missing and no one complains and the truck is 5spd so i hold out every gear in the sweet spots like when the exhuast gets really deep sounding. I can't wait for my truck with 5" stacks straight piped. oh and nice white cummins with stacks sounds nice and loud
Old 08-10-2007, 02:23 AM
Muted User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
when my truck discharges it rattles windows. your neighbor would love that thing at 5 in the morning, "kkkkkkssssshhhhhhhh" every time the ole girl shifts and its an auto. luckily i live on a 1 lane black top country road and i own both sides of it for over a mile so no worries. everyone in town knows when im coming through cause my discharge echos off the buildings making it 10 times as loud, only thing im missing is my muffler. somebody jump in front of my truck as im driving down the road in the middle of the night, well sucks to be them, guess there newly widowed spouse will be buying me a new bumper and grille. oh and a 4x4 4th gear wide open throttle launch at 4 am usually gets their attention pretty good cause if they didnt hate you before, they sure will after that.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by pgilles
they assume speed with noise
So true, A friend of mine had dual pipe exhaust on his 1500 Chev, still had the muffler and cat I think, not to sure though. But anyways, he was stopped at an intersection for the red light, it turned green and so he accelerated like normal(not fast at all) and his truck has a good rumble to it...and it just so happens there was a cop hidden away behind the next building, so we get pulled over(I was with him) and the cop asked why we went speeding through the light? My friend said I didn't, I was just accelerating through like normal. The cop is like no, you must have been speeding the way you were sounding. Then my friend asked if he actually saw us speeding through the intersection, the cop replied with no, but I heard you going through too fast. Long story short, we never got fined, but still. Just because a truck/car is loud, doesn't always mean they are traveling at a high speed or fast acceleration...does it?
Old 08-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Ya Dog, there are 3 Harley's on my street and no one says anything. All I'm doing is going to work. Can't even have an honest job these days!!! Time for a dyno days on Daniel Close!!!!
Just had a post in the Alberta thread. The legal limit is 90 dB at 20ft street side... Good to know!!
Old 08-10-2007, 10:50 AM

Thanks Dog....
Old 08-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Chapter President

I have a chrome turn down on mine. It seems to deflect the noise down and make it so you can't realy tell where its coming from. I actually put it on to keep my TT cleaner...LOL... Either way, we can have a Black-Out on Daniel Close...
Old 08-10-2007, 11:33 AM

Yeahhhhhh!!! Now if this rain would only stop....
Old 08-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Muted User

ive been pulled over cause a cop heard me speeding one time, i was in my 2 door mercury grand marquis, exhaust dumped under the floorboards, i took the rest off, sounded kinda like a drag car, he was a full block away and heard me speeding, and pulled me over, he says, i HEARD you speeding coming up that street, i laughed and said you have a good day officer, what could he do LOL.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Chapter President

While I enjoy some of the stories, I keep mine as quiet at possible in my neighborhood. Idle only and shifting at 1400 Rpm until I get to the main road. I enjoy my trucks sound, but I am not sure that everyone else does. I keep that for the open road. The clown across the alley with his 5" straight pipe should try to keep it down IMHO, gives us all a bad wrap and now we are getting tickets for looking modified, not blasting out loud!!!

Old 08-10-2007, 12:35 PM

That's right. I idle all along my street also because there's so many children on our street. As soon as I get to the main drag I drive like normal. I really think some people just need to complain to be content. I would really love to know who it is though just so I can hit them up for a truck loan for a 3rd gen...

Quick Reply: 2001 Cummins = Too Loud Says Neighbour = Me GRRRR!!!