PADTR #15 Forum for the Pennsylvania chapter #15

August 7th, The Buck!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 09:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1bad93
im unfortantly gona be at the beach this weekend, so i wont be able to make it out.
unless you're going with a bunch of girls or something that's stupid the beach makes me miserable always sandy and stuff.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Went to my first truck pull at the buck. It was awesome and wanna let me know "what was going on" and answered most of my stupid questions. I would really like to get this project of mine down there and see what it can do... i just don't want to run in the modified class because it won't be able to handle the weight.

So how about a girl winning at the buck? I think its great, a few of the people sitting around me were upset, and were chanting break break break every time a nice truck came to hook up. Too bad they were right 4 out of 10 times... i have a few videos, but missed most of the major breakdowns. I just need to get my camera back from my girls pocketbook... darn them and all that portable storage.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
That was pretty cool. There were a lot of women running last night, usually there are only one or two. I also thought it was cool that one of the girls running was named Faith too.

I am surprised that with all the driveline failures more guys weren't airing up their tires for less traction. That track was so tacky that there was just no give!

I want to thank everybody for treating me with respect and kindness. I know it had to be really weird to meet me as a woman, but everybody took it in stride. Y'all are the greatest!
Old 08-08-2010, 08:40 AM
The 'Ford does not own Cummins' enforcer.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anytime faith...just like before we all enjoyed your company and your wisdom of these trucks
Old 08-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Chapter President

Had a great time as well. It seems like anymore the track is always tacky, it sure makes it interesting for us spectators to watch.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:43 AM

Faith, with all you have done for everyone of us we all owe you the respect that was given to you. I hope that you continue to be around and be as helpful as you always have been on DTR and in person. I had a great time hanging out with everyone at the buck last night. It is nice to get together and have a good time like that. Josh needs to buy stock in intercooler boots though. lol. The DTR is a great bunch of people. There is no other place on the web that is anything like this. I have never seen that many trucks brake in one night. Seemed like every other one was broke. The track was very sticky and the spot right after the start had them all bouncing I dont think that was helping driveline parts. I wish i had more time to stay at the end. Crossy had a good idea to sit in the grass and watch the people leave burning the tires off stuff. I am surprised they dont have a cop sitting there when everyone is leaving.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:30 AM

I had a great time too and there was definitely a lot of noise from the track for yesterday's pulls. Can't beat diesel pulling at the Buck that's for sure. So, when is Brad getting back on here so he can post as we were talking a good bit about diesels in general? Had fun seeing and hanging out with everyone else too. Faith, wanted to let you know that we do have the utmost respect for you as a diesel gearhead and getting under the hood of any guy or girl's 1st GEN truck to work, tinker, and most importantly tune it to run the best it can! I'll never forget the first time I met you at Dillsburg for Fall Brawl I think it was and you were under my hood less than 5-10 minutes after I got there. The DTR is a true diesel family, hey and I'm proud to be a member. Look forward to seeing you at all the rest of the coming events. Oh, and I was there yesterday at the Buck but "not there" if you know what I mean since I didn't come in my truck. I'm going to make sure I'll be there in it redone for the last Powerfest event in September.

Sal
Old 08-08-2010, 09:25 PM
The 'Ford does not own Cummins' enforcer.

bill....thanks again for taking me to my favorite place "tractor supply"......i will have a new real i/c boot on there for the next buck........had fun as always oh and the deal with my truck fell threw....i hate craigslist people......so the ol black girl will be there next time also
Old 08-08-2010, 09:51 PM

Sorry to hear that the deal fell through for you. And you are cl people are the worst for sure!!! The ride was no problem man anytime. So what are you going to brake next time?
Old 08-09-2010, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by SmokemS
bill....thanks again for taking me to my favorite place "tractor supply"......i will have a new real i/c boot on there for the next buck........had fun as always oh and the deal with my truck fell threw....i hate craigslist people......so the ol black girl will be there next time also
I'm telling you the beer can would have held
Old 08-09-2010, 02:24 PM

its nothing new to see trucks bounce, hop, and break parts at the buck
Old 08-09-2010, 02:31 PM

You can fix a lot with a beer can. I bet a beer can and some duct tape would still be going strong. I am sure broken trucks are common place at the buck but there sure was more than I have ever seen.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:13 PM

it was not this event but the last one we told him to cut a beer can long ways and use his clamps to replace the boot ... it would have worked!
Old 08-10-2010, 01:34 PM

How'd we sound pulling out?

you guys like the sweet flatshift from 2-5 ?
Old 08-10-2010, 05:36 PM

Someone needs to buy you an auto before you destroy a perfectly good getrag.

Quick Reply: August 7th, The Buck!