Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Young men: build a solid foundation for life.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great post! im 18 and i had planned to take a year off for college, i graduated highschool early but i am leaving for south dakota to work for caterpillar and am just now realizing i want to do as much schooling as possible, this website and the guys on it have made me decide so.
being 18 i am learning my responsibilities, my parents have helped me a LOT and my dad just told me the other day he plans to help a lot with my schooling! and on the financial note i think credit cards are good, but only you can manage them. i am planning on getting one for emergencies and to help build my credit early, i know i can manage, i dont need anything fancy my ctd is taking a while to look good but i have plenty of time! i think if you use them correctly they work to your advantage!
i also like what you said about being soft spoken, i strongly agree! i dont have a wife yet or kids but i do have a girl very close to me! i realized what i had and almost lost her, we talk now and i am hoping everything works out here real soon! she was kinda in the same boat as the girl you talked about, loser boyfriend, drinks, smokes you name it. but taKe things slow and enjoy life!

thanks for the great post! gives me a little more to think about!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad I have been married for 26 years....Has not been easy.. But we have made it through. Talk to them, even when they are PO'd. They get to crazy, just walk away.............
Old 06-17-2009, 11:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lotta wisdom there in Riflemanusmc's words. Talk to them. Heck they love to talk, so listen to them & nod your head once in a while. When they get to crazy walk away, before you say something you will regeret later.