Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

XBOX 360 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone needs to post their gamer tags
Old 04-03-2007, 05:52 PM

NOW THIS IS TRUE CUSTOMER SERVICE IMO, READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE...

1. New Warranty Enhancements, Including Cost-Free Shipping and Return of Original Console
We recently announced that we changed the Xbox 360™ warranty in the United States and Canada from 90 days to one year from the date of purchase. Now we're adding additional service enhancements, taking Xbox 360 customer service one step further.

Free Shipping:
In the event your console needs to be returned to us for repair your shipping costs are free. We will immediately send you a postage paid container in which to send us your console, and we will pay for shipping charges to return your console to you.

We are committed to delivering an improved Xbox customer service experience for our Xbox 360 console customers, one that is faster, more efficient and includes shipping free of any charge. From our customer service representatives to our executive team, the entire Xbox team has made delivering on this commitment a top priority.

New Post-Service Warranty:
If we repair your Xbox 360 within the original warranty period, you will receive either the balance of your original warranty, or 90 days, whichever is longer. In addition, we will now pay for the shipping both ways.

If we repair your Xbox 360 after the warranty period has expired, while you will be responsible for the repair costs, your repaired console will be returned to you with a new, one year repair warranty.

Return of Original Console
In either an in warranty or out of warranty situation, most customers will now receive their original console back from Microsoft.

2. Faster Service
We are implementing an expedited repair process; upon receipt of the console, Microsoft will repair it and ship it to you within five business days.

3. Enhanced Operations
We're increasing the number of Xbox customer care representatives, enhancing our training processes and further building out our on-site technical support, all so our customers will begin to experience a noticeable improvement in the quality of the service they receive when they contact us.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/s...rantyupdate.htm
Old 04-03-2007, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Gotlift01
Gears of War is AWESOME for the 360! Me and my brother beat the insane level last night...only took us 2 nights to beat it! I love the skill tactics you have use, the hide and cover part is SWEET!

I have Call of Duty 3 and Lost Planet that I haven't even opened yet, I guess now that I've beaten Gears of War completely it's time to open one of them up!

~Nick

GOW is awesome but it only took my like 7 hours to beat on insane

they need a add on or something for sure
Old 04-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nfsommer
GOW is awesome but it only took my like 7 hours to beat on insane

they need a add on or something for sure

I think that's about how long it took us to beat insane! We only play for a couple hours a night. It helps knowing what to expect!! I actually had a harder time on a few spots on hardcore than I did on insane.....seemed like they were harder to kill for some reason!!

I'm hoping they come out with a 2nd one. The end credits lead me to believe they will......but you never know?

~Nick
Old 04-03-2007, 07:20 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Gears of War single player and Gears of War online are two completely different animals. Gears of War single player is way too easy IMO (even on insane level) but if you play online you will get your butt kicked. At least I do pretty often.

Halo 2 or PGR3 on the other hand........ I might hand it to you.

Britt

Old 04-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Banned

That's what I've heard that it was way more difficult online....haven't had the chance to play online yet.

And Halo 2 I wasn't that impressed with, it seemed like a very short game and I was able to beat it on the first night ( that was on easy though ). I was much more pleased with Halo 1...seemed like it took forever to beat that game ( which I like ). I'm curious what Halo 3 is going to be like

Have any of you guys played Lost Planet yet? I'm debating whether to start that or Call of Duty 3 next.

~Nick
Old 04-04-2007, 10:52 AM

I hardly ever play the actual game and try to beat them. I just like playing online.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Gotlift01
And Halo 2 I wasn't that impressed with, it seemed like a very short game and I was able to beat it on the first night ( that was on easy though ). I was much more pleased with Halo 1...seemed like it took forever to beat that game ( which I like ). I'm curious what Halo 3 is going to be like

Have any of you guys played Lost Planet yet? I'm debating whether to start that or Call of Duty 3 next.

~Nick
Nick,

I’m with you on Halo 2 single player game. It was pretty short and repetitive. But I personally didn’t buy Halo for the single player game. I bought it for the multiplayer just like 90% of the other people out there. I watched a long trailer for Halo 3 yesterday and the making of that trailer (yeah I know, I have no life ) and I don’t think that people really care about the story line of the game. They just want to play the multiplayer. At least I do. I think that is why Halo 3 beta testing is so anticipated. Like you though, if I am going to play a single player game, I want it to last a looooong time. I like open-ended games where you are under no time frame to get something done.

Have you heard of Huxley? It is a massively online multiplayer fps that comes out some time this summer. It looks like it is going to be pretty awesome. It uses the same engine as Gears of War and Unreal. Here is a link to the game:Click Here

As far as Lost Planet or Call of Duty 3 goes, I would start with Call of Duty. I downloaded the demo for Lost Planet and didn’t really care for it. But that is just a personal preference. I’ve got Call of Duty 2 and it is one of the best 360 games out there so I can’t imagine Call of Duty 3 not being good.

Britt

Old 04-04-2007, 11:52 AM

Does no one play PGR 3? It's not as good as PGR 2 but it is still the best racing game for the 360 online right now.

Britt

Old 04-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by t-15 firefighter
Nick,

I’m with you on Halo 2 single player game. It was pretty short and repetitive. But I personally didn’t buy Halo for the single player game. I bought it for the multiplayer just like 90% of the other people out there. I watched a long trailer for Halo 3 yesterday and the making of that trailer (yeah I know, I have no life ) and I don’t think that people really care about the story line of the game. They just want to play the multiplayer. At least I do. I think that is why Halo 3 beta testing is so anticipated. Like you though, if I am going to play a single player game, I want it to last a looooong time. I like open-ended games where you are under no time frame to get something done.

Have you heard of Huxley? It is a massively online multiplayer fps that comes out some time this summer. It looks like it is going to be pretty awesome. It uses the same engine as Gears of War and Unreal. Here is a link to the game:Click Here

As far as Lost Planet or Call of Duty 3 goes, I would start with Call of Duty. I downloaded the demo for Lost Planet and didn’t really care for it. But that is just a personal preference. I’ve got Call of Duty 2 and it is one of the best 360 games out there so I can’t imagine Call of Duty 3 not being good.

Britt

Man if I could play online at my house I would in a heart beat. Where I live I can't get anybody to supply me with DSL or any type of internet besides dial-up...it sucks!! These people need to get with the program!! LOL The only place I have DSL is at work

I'll check out that link....I'm hoping to move here soon so hopefully I can get hooked up and play online....sounds like it's MUCHO better!

And thanks for the tip on Call of Duty.....it looks like a sweet game! Lost Planet I'm not sure what to think just reading about it......I guess I'll find out eventually!

~Nick
Old 04-08-2007, 01:08 AM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Tony T.
Also the wife done some sweet talking with XBOX on the phone and said since this is our third one that's gone "bad" that we did not want a refurbished replacement sent back to us, she insisted on a new model and they said ok!, ha! we'll see .

Tony
I knew it XBOX called back and said since we had the third console almost 6 months with no problems that they would not be able to replace it with a new console. They said they would return the one we are sending to them for repair and if it gave us any more trouble they would consider sending a new one then. I'm holding my breath as I type .

Still no refund yet!

10 weeks-10 weeks-10 weeks!

Tony