Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

XBOX 360 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down XBOX 360 Problems

My son received a 360 for Christmas 2005 that lasted 8 months, ok we sent it in with $130.00 bucks for the repair they required "at first", then they sent us a refurbished 360, that's the way they said they do it you don't get back the original console,the refurbished one lasted a whole 1 month then went out, so we sent it back and received another one, in the mean time we had found out about all the trouble the XBOX 360's were having, lots of people P.O.'d but we had already sent in our repair money, so we are suspose to get a refund "they say". We have been waiting for that refund since the first of October 2006.

Every time my wife calls them it is some lame story about well we have not sent out any refunds yet or we will probably be sending them out on certain dates each time is you should receive it in the next 10 weeks. Well come mid December still no refund yet, when she called they said it would be sent out in the next 10 weeks.

In the mean time XBOX 360 number three has just bit the dust here a few days ago and we still have no refund. Now their saying (XBOX) is that only the first batch of refund checks were sent out in December and the second batch was sent out March 14, 2007.

So if we don't receive our check to call back after 10 weeks from todays date. This is a lot of B.S. also now we have to go through the routine of checking everything out troubleshooting the console and power supply before they will send a pre-paid shipping box.

Anyone have any troubles they want to share with this awesome product . I say awesome because "WHEN" it's working it's pretty

Tony
Old 04-01-2007, 08:47 AM

Still waiting on my refund check from February of 2006...

Luckily my refurbished unit has lasted since then.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:33 AM
CJ

I got mine(360) in March of 06. It lasted 3 months. I called the tech line. The guy ran the numbers and said that the warranty expired the day before. I said that figures . Then he said "You were at work yesterday right?" wink wink nod nod. I said sure . He says no problem its covered . The new one has lasted ever since with no problems. After this I opted for the $30.00 a year extended warranty. They even paid for the overnight shipping. Overall I have been very happy.
CJ
Old 04-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Banned

I've had mine since the beginning of December and it's only acted up once on me so far. Other than that it's been great!! My brother on the other hand bought one and it didn't work right out of the box. He's on number 2 now but it's been working fine since.

~Nick
Old 04-02-2007, 11:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
XBOX 360, the Powerstroke of game consoles???
Old 04-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am happy to report that my XBOX (the original, not the 360) has been flawless since Day 1.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Banned

Well even though the Xbox 360 has some little issues.......be glad you don't have the PS3. Man they should have waited awhile before they released them to the public!!

~Nick
Old 04-02-2007, 04:36 PM

my ps3 is great
Old 04-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Banned

Really? I have 4 buddies who all have a PS3 and they HATE them.....I guess they are having a bunch of problems with them. I guess everything has there faults though....such is life

~Nick
Old 04-02-2007, 09:26 PM

XBOX wanted us to try a different power supply with the 3rd console that just recently went out, so I took it to a "GameStop",and the guy tried it out and he got the three red flashing lights also that he said indicates hardware problems. The other two consoles we had did the same thing with the three red lights flashing. He said if you have four lights flashing red it meant something was not hooked up correctly.

Also he ask me in what position does the console set and where is it located,
I said flat horizonal and it sits on top of a 52" big screen tv. He said that the reason he ask was that over 75% of the consoles he's checked out with problems like our console are setting horizonally (flat). He said he had one of the launch models himself and has not had a bit of trouble from it, but it has always been positoned in the vertical position, just a theroy setting flat is not getting well enough ventilation and causing it to heat up internal and fry something.

Also the wife done some sweet talking with XBOX on the phone and said since this is our third one that's gone "bad" that we did not want a refurbished replacement sent back to us, she insisted on a new model and they said ok!, ha! we'll see .

Tony
Old 04-02-2007, 11:37 PM
CJ

Originally Posted by zulusafari
XBOX 360, the Powerstroke of game consoles???
Thats just not right
How about XBox = 12 valve
XBox 360 = 24 valve(some vp issues)
PS = Play Station
PS = Power Stroke

CJ
Old 04-02-2007, 11:40 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

I've had my XBOX 360 over a year and a half with luckly no problems yet. But a buddy of mine at the station bought one back in December and has already had to send his in for repairs. To Microsofts credit, they sent him a pre-paid box and he had it back within 2 weeks of his problem. They of course sent him a different one than his original one but his replacement one is working fine. I play mine sometimes 6-7 hours a day online and when we are at the station we link them up and play Halo 2 all night long almost every night. I realize that there are some problems with the XBOX 360 but you have to consider the millions of XBOX's out there. I would say the ones with flaws are probably a small percentage.

That said, I went through 3 original XBOX's with DVD drive problems.

I still perfer the 360 over the PS3 but that is just a personal preference. XBOX has Gears of War, Project Gotham Racing 3 (which I play online religiously), and later this year, Forza II and Halo 3.

I have been a video game junkie since I was a kid. Something I never grew out of I guess. I'm such a dork.....

Speaking of online play, My gamer tag is zz Darwin zz if you want to play sometime. If you send a request just let me know that you are on DTR in the message.

Britt

Old 04-03-2007, 03:00 AM

My brother in law bought a PS3 when it first came out and it was pretty cool. The online part was what sucked. He took it back and bought a 360. Xbox's online play is much much better. I bought one about 3 months ago. Mostly I play Halo 2 and Call of Duty 3. My gamer tag is ParalyzedBandit
Old 04-03-2007, 08:34 AM

Never knew there was much of a video game following on this site. Ya'll are such nerds!

Now, if I was a nerd, too... I'd be playing games like Rainbow Six: Vegas... Lost Planet... Castlevania: SOTN that just came out on Live... and my favorite... I mean, if I did such a thing... would be Call of Duty 2 online!!

Seriously, though... I haven't been this happy with a game console since the Dreamcast. Great line up and features!
Old 04-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Banned

Gears of War is AWESOME for the 360! Me and my brother beat the insane level last night...only took us 2 nights to beat it! I love the skill tactics you have use, the hide and cover part is SWEET!

I have Call of Duty 3 and Lost Planet that I haven't even opened yet, I guess now that I've beaten Gears of War completely it's time to open one of them up!

~Nick

Quick Reply: XBOX 360 Problems