Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Wish us luck (or pray for me)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wish us luck (or pray for me)

Well,
The wife and I have been trying to have a kid for 2 years now and still haven't figured it out.
We decided to try artificial insemination. My wife was given some fertility drugs and her doctor checked her out today and said she is ready to go. Friday is the day. I am a little nervous, the doctor said there is a good chance of twins due to both eggs looking very good. I know I can handle one, but 2 at a time, that kinda has me freaked out. If thats the way it has to be, so be it.

Keeping our fingers crossed
~Rob (& Billie)
Old 06-22-2005, 10:30 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hotdram you have my Prayers.. We have been trying for over 13 years..

Wish you well and sucess how about a pair 0f doubles?
Old 06-22-2005, 10:42 AM

Re: Wish us luck (or pray for me)

Originally posted by hotdram
Well,
The wife and I have been trying to have a kid for 2 years now and still haven't figured it out.
Uh, send me a PM and Ill explain just about everything to ya....

Good Luck...youll do fine whatever happens...
Old 06-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Quantity isnt as important as quality.

One, two, dont worry. Just pray that he/she/they are healthy.

Good luck.
Rich.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:57 AM

If you can manage one kid, two isn't any harder (until they become know-it-all teenagers). Double the fun, that's all.

Good luck to you both.

PISTOL
Old 06-22-2005, 11:09 AM

Good Luck hotdram & Mrs. hotdram.

We tried for about a year and a half then it happened and then we lost our first at about 12 weeks, that was tough. We tried for about another 6 months and it happened again, today we are celebrating her, Jessica, 5th birthday, 6-22. We were blessed again 1 1/2 years later on Dec. 31 with a son, Jacob, and I was blessed with a tax deduction for the year 2001.

Life doesn't get much better than having kids. (Teenagers I think will be a different story!)
Old 06-22-2005, 11:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My ma says

They are cute when they are little.. hmm wonder what that means?? Anyways HotDram and Mrs, Best of luck, there will prayers in this fella for yalls well being, i hope everything turns out great...

Tx
Old 06-22-2005, 11:32 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by eswartz
Good Luck hotdram & Mrs. hotdram.

We tried for about a year and a half then it happened and then we lost our first at about 12 weeks, that was tough. We tried for about another 6 months and it happened again, today we are celebrating her, Jessica, 5th birthday, 6-22. We were blessed again 1 1/2 years later on Dec. 31 with a son, Jacob, and I was blessed with a tax deduction for the year 2001.

Life doesn't get much better than having kids. (Teenagers I think will be a different story!)
I feel that Pain we have Lost Three. Most people just do not understand how much that hurts.. praise the Lord for Blessing you.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:33 AM

Thanks ya'll for the replies/wishes/prayers.
0,1 or 2 its up to God.

eswartz,
Tell Jessica happy birthday

~Rob
Old 06-22-2005, 12:12 PM

Best of luck to you hotdram. I'll keep you and your misses in our prayers.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:48 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

I will be thinking about you guys.

We tried for 5 years. Tried almost everything you could think of. Gave up trying and figured we just wouldn't be able to have kids. Then out of the blue..."POOF"... there she was.

Growing up I was pretty indifferent about having kids. I certainly wasn’t mature enough to have them say… 10 years ago. I was WAY too self-centered. I’m glad I had her now at the age I am.

It is truly a life changing experience. But she is the best thing that has ever happened in my life. I woke up at 4:00 AM this morning to feed her and then laid propped up in bed with her on my shoulder. I laid there for 2 hours just listening to her breathe and make little cooing sounds. You don’t even think about sleep at these moments. These are moments that will never happen again in my life so I cherish every one of them.

Trust me... it is the best thing in the world. I wish you guys all the best and I will think of you often.

Britt

Old 06-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Best of luck to you Rob & the lovely Billie

If you want to know what mistakes to avoid while raising a child, let me know.....I am pretty certain I made them all at one time or another
Old 06-22-2005, 04:47 PM

Re: Wish us luck (or pray for me)

Originally posted by hotdram
I am a little nervous, the doctor said there is a good chance of twins due to both eggs looking very good. I know I can handle one, but 2 at a time, that kinda has me freaked out. If thats the way it has to be, so be it.

Keeping our fingers crossed
~Rob (& Billie)
Rob, don't be nervous about twins... Pray FOR it! It's because it can surely be a wonderful double blessing! Our twins are 9+yrs old and if we could have another pair, we'd do it in a heartbeat. After all, all children are a gift from God and you never know if you'll be able to have any more in the future.

Twin Bennies:
+They grow up at the same time, and go through the same stages at almost the same time.(same size diapers for both little bottoms)
+They get hungry, sleepy & poopy at the same time. (changing two is not much more of a disruption than changing just one.)
+They keep each other well entertained, even as infants. (gives you a chance to run the camcorder!).
+They (if same sex) share clothing for a long time after they're newborns.
+God gives you a pair of arms to carry these double blessings wherever you go, like to/from carseats, grocery store carts, etc all in one trip.
+God also gave your wife a pair of what young babies are especially fond of, and yes, there WILL be MORE than enough milk for twins...(nursing is highly recommended, as dueling bottles ARE a pain for both parents!)
+They grow up with a special bond that singletons just can't fathom, i.e, they watch out for each other at all times. (Sure helps dealing with an older sibling)
+There's nothing like getting double slobbery kisses from your babies in the morning.
+Attention out in public... "Yes, they are Twins." Get used to it, you'll be saying it alot and thank the LORD for being able to say it each time you do say it...
+And MUCH more...

Drawbacks:
-Kicked back in your favorite chair with a baby sacked out on each arm and your nose itches and you can't move to scratch it. "Honey?, could you do me a BIG favor?"

-You are astounded at how many BTU's of heat two babies can put off with them both sleeping on your chest. (can you say "meltdown"?)

-Hard to keep your eyes on both twins at the same time when they start crawling/walking.
If you are watching one closely, you've lost track of the other one, I'll guarantee it!
(Following a live tennis match is not a problem for parents of twins.. )

-Names. Now you have to come up with TWO names instead of the one you've thought of for so long... Thereafter you frequently call one twin the other's name to their constant chagrin. (This works in your favor when they get a little older and one of them is ignoring you... )

-You have to stoop down, hug&kiss TWO little ones as they both run up and immediately immobilize you by tightly latching on to each leg when you come home from work... (Practice your balancing Dad!)

-It requires twice as many photographs, as they are frequently JUST out of the camera's view of the other twin. (hope you've got a big computer hard drive and CD burner!)

-It requires a double amount of concentration when inspecting crayon artwork. Pay attention! Make sure you remember who's artwork is whose. You dare not assume that blue crayon squiggle belongs to the other child! (you'll learn!)

-You'll swear there's giggling and talking going on WELL after lights out each night!(gets worse with age!)

-You can hardly believe you owned THAT many sipper cups!

- Truthfully, the #1 downer about having newborn twins? SLEEP! Rather, the lack of it...
Newborn twins are VERY hard on mom's sleep if they BOTH don't go down to sleep at the same time.. It's IMPERITIVE they get their sleep/wake schedules synchronized ASAP after birth or mom pays...and you will too!
The 1st six weeks or so is really tough on the mom. It is mostly feeding and lightly sleeping and not having any time for much anything else, as it's mostly her show during this newborn stage...(be REALLY extra kind and helpful if you know what is good for you!)

- You may find you might need to idle that CTD all night long if those kids will only sleep to that Cummins rattle! (at least it won't use much fuel)

-Laundry! Egad! that stuff multiplies...No, it SQUARES to the number of kids, twins or not!

-Cars, college, weddings and such, all at the same time... You're on your on on this one.. I'm not there yet!

I'll be praying for you and your wife. Like you said, it is all up to Him.

Keith & Kim ( Bethany15, and twins Sarah and Abigail 9)
Old 06-22-2005, 04:56 PM

best of luck to you and the wife. the best thing i have ever seen to make a woman show up pregnant is to buy a new house and get a new truck. seems to work most of the time.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:03 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

man... one is hard enough. i can't imagine twins. but i would have gladly taken them knowing what i know now. you are right about the BTU's that kids can put out. WOW!!!

children are the greatest thing in the world. i never thought i would hear myself say that.

From gunracer1

the best thing i have ever seen to make a woman show up pregnant is to buy a new house and get a new truck. seems to work most of the time.
or buy a dog. that worked for us.

britt

Quick Reply: Wish us luck (or pray for me)