Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Where is Everyone Breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 07:10 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Where is Everyone Breakroom

Stopped by for breakfast. Where is everyone? Did I miss the memo that today was a vacation day?

Just took the dog for her morning walk. Had a deer woofing at me from the treeline. The dog was hilarious! She's only about 10 lbs, but she acted like 100.

Have a safe week!
Old 08-16-2015, 07:24 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Breakfast? What breakfast? In that you did not make coffee or ph00, here it is. Fresh and hot. Yup, the coffee pot was VERY fresh, but used it anyway. Maybe Lary or TG will spring for the food?

Another wonderful day weatherwise down here yesterday. Love days like these where it is hard to imagine how to improve them. Looks like today will be similar, but by tonight some rain could be moving in. That's OK, because we can use the moisture.

Hope all of you have a wonderful Sunday.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:28 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings

Question for the electronics folk of the hand held devices.

What do I need to do to stop having anything I browse on Amazon from showing up o. This site as an ad? Android phone.

I made some pork smoothies with a hint of walleye fin and wasp wings.

Enjoy
Old 08-16-2015, 10:24 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Sunday all y'all, sorry that I didn't get breakfast made on time, it was my mother0in-law's birthday party yesterday andwe didn't get in until late. How about I make brunch? Please feel free to feast on bagels, loks and cream-cheese, Schwartzie's potatoes, eggs Benedict, keilbasa, smoked pork loin roast and my personal fave slow roasted pork belly with Chinese 5-spice and cracklins. For drinks we have fresh squeeze oj and grapefruit juice, strawberry mango smoothies and for anyone who wants a mimosa there is Moet & Chandon in the fridge.

Scotty - as for your browsing turning into ads, I find that all the time. Most every commercial website leaves a cookie on your device. The ad-click programs that this and most other websites use look for those cookies. I have 2 solutions. On my iPad I use a browser called Ad-Blocker that blocks the ad-click programs from working and on my PC I just have to go and clear all cookies every few days. Clearing the cookies is a pain as I lose all my saved passwords, but the choice is up to me.

Have an awesome Sunday everyone.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:29 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely great week folks!!! all you readers! POST! say HI! no cliques, just post what you think, do or want!

hence a LOT of food here in the breakroom!

I am very happy! have been doing stuff I haven't done since I was a kid!
getting stuff done at home, with vigor and positive attitude is refreshing, hope you all catch a fresh wind as well!

some need fresher winds than others.......muh ha ha

yes, I drank coffee today BING! ZAP! POW!
Old 08-16-2015, 01:36 PM

OK, now that spread is more like it! I'm kinda get the jar of peanut butter off the shelf kind of guy today...

Just made brownie points by washing DW's car. Not going to tackle the inside, I think something lives under the seat! Mine on the other hand, never gets scary!

My Niece's husband just got his first caribou. I'll see if he will send some for the breakroom...
Old 08-16-2015, 04:42 PM

Well. This weekend ended up drawing a major pressure deficiency.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:27 PM
DTR Mom

sorry to hear that , farmguy. hope something surprises you and makes you happier.

any experience with a international 704? working on some equipment.

fresh garden veggies for all, celery is tough but delicious.

Heidi, chewing the cud.....
Old 08-16-2015, 11:13 PM

IH tractor? Must be a utility model, I know they had a 404, 504, 604. Don't know much about that series. What's it doing?

Went on Denny's last ride. Had a good time. Til I saw his widow kneeling at his urn beside the hole crying. A couple guys said no tears, had to turn away.

It was after that things turned to poo. All I'm gonna say here is women..... ggrrrrr
Old 08-17-2015, 03:45 AM

I guess I'll make the coffee this morning.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:14 AM
DTR Mom

hello nightshift!! welcome welcome mountaineer! good green mountain coffee with a hic kick.

IH 706 diesel, my bad. older tractors make my brain hurt. farmer has about seven IH all from the sixties. he laughed when I thought they were from the 80s, great condition. love my farmalls, though. classic. just doing 'lego' work. add this piece, will this fit? can you get this to work, it only needs some parts- that type of creative .

chipping away at the to do list. not getting any younger....
Old 08-17-2015, 05:04 PM

This must be the week for computer problems. I finally got the home unit working pretty good. Got to work in a great mood and immediately threw it out the window. Mother Gov't decided to upgrade the email system. We got an instruction sheet last week on how to convert with .pst files and whamity bam it will work Monday morning. Not hardly....

It seems that an entire page of "you gotta do this" was deleted from the instructions. Used the old fashioned fax and telephone to submit payroll this morning. I guess a 2 hour session of that was better than hand delivering it to Frankfort.

At my quitting time, 2 IT guys were hovering and whispering over the system. Any bets on what I find in the morning?

I think I'll just forget the Boss stuff tomorrow and just arm up for Flight.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:02 PM

Other than engine, the 706,806, 756, 856 are pretty much the same tractor mechanically. The grill and shifter changed from the 06 to 56 series. Some parts from the 66 and 86 series will interchange but they are a larger tractor. Larger rear end housings, transmission housing, gears, stamped frame rails instead of channel iron. Different engines but some can be swapped into the older ones.
Other than decals and improved engines, the 606, 656, 666, and 686 are all the same machine.
IHC sold the ag division out to Tenneco, construction and mining to Dresser, and reorganized the truck division into Navistar in 86.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:10 PM

Worked 6 hours today. LEGG didn't like the vibration from the 4 wheeler. Foot didn't like that much walking.

Can't find my $90 gear wrench 3/8 socket set. Kinda ticked about that.

Spent an hour at O'Reilly's. Got spark plugs for amigo. Can't find feeler gauge. Get one. Make sure the autolite plugs that keep backing out are tight. Find a broken vacuum line. Back in to buy a couple feet. Replace the broken line. Find another that slides off a T fitting. Back in to get long needle nose pliers to reach in under manifold to replace it. Finally got vacuum lines all closed up. Right? No. Closed? Yes.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:20 PM
DTR Mom

encouraging a cable and roller forklift to work on the 3 point of the 706.
showed some movement before the old time pipe cylinder blew. not nice. put aside for a winter rebuild with normal hydraulics.

replaced ignition and relocated solenoid on a 300 utility; have to do brakes on it next time. tightened up some switches and re routed and fabricated a proper choke cable. that was after MY work needed to get in gear.

didn't quit when dark, quit to mosquito invasion. things I take for granted, love my bats....

Quick Reply: Where is Everyone Breakroom