Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What would you do...(long)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by edwinsmith
<SNIP>

And people wonder why I have a 9mm next to my bed.

Edwin
That won't stop the local crackheads.....

in our house it's a 12ga pump with #7 shot, by the bed; .45 ACP on hubby's side nightstand, and .357mag on mine.

"Howdy, folks, just go right on ahead and bust down that door! " NOT! Actually our whole neighborhood is made up of owly well-armed NICE folks.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:09 PM

HECK YEAH. i lock everything even when i'm home and i live on base. why, you might ask? cause my car got broken into, while living in ON-base dorms, 20 times in one month and i was driving a POS acclaim. there wasn't even a stereo in it. ***!?!?!
Old 07-31-2007, 12:10 AM

Post up some pics, description, plate numbers or whatever of the missing vehicle.... I live in Beavercreek, drive around Bellbrook, Xenia, Fairborn, Riverside and Lebanon all the time.

A good many stolen vehicles find their way into the lake at Cesars Creek....

-Trey
Old 07-31-2007, 12:18 AM
Muted User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you will be lucky if they cover the car, most insurance companies wont cover a car if you leave the keys in it and its stolen. trust me, my brother tried to commit insurance fraud with his dakota and they wouldnt cover it cause he said someone "stole" it after he locked the keys in the truck and left it.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:08 PM

Her insurance is covering it fully, don't ask me how lol but they are, so that is at least somewhat good news...I am going to drive around tonight for a bit and see what I can find, but at this point we almost don't want to find it, we just want to find the ignorant BEEP that did it
Old 07-31-2007, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by spyder3634
Her insurance is covering it fully, don't ask me how lol but they are, so that is at least somewhat good news...I am going to drive around tonight for a bit and see what I can find, but at this point we almost don't want to find it, we just want to find the ignorant BEEP that did it
thats amazing, when my car was stolen the first thing the cop asked me was "where are your keys" and "Let me see them". Asked asked him why and he told me that insurance will not cover my car if I dont have my keys.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by onebadgoat
thats amazing, when my car was stolen the first thing the cop asked me was "where are your keys" and "Let me see them". Asked asked him why and he told me that insurance will not cover my car if I dont have my keys.

LOL, GREAT reason to have a complete set of spare keys!
Old 08-01-2007, 07:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if they dont total it out and you get it back repaired make sure you have someone do a complete detail of the car or you search it really good. If you get stopped by the fuzz later on and they find something that the thief left well.. im sure you know how well the "its not mine" works.. just a though..
Old 08-01-2007, 11:22 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by TrkEnvy
if they dont total it out and you get it back repaired make sure you have someone do a complete detail of the car or you search it really good. If you get stopped by the fuzz later on and they find something that the thief left well.. im sure you know how well the "its not mine" works.. just a though..

Some time back in the early '90's I bought a buddies sister's lime green pinto. It was a car that had been in their family for years. By the time I got it it was a beater. I drove it around a bit, took it down across the border into the US a couple times rat bagged on it and generally did the things a kid would do to attract the attention of the cops. (never did get pulled over)

One day I was rooting about under the dash for some reason and pulled out this little baggie of weed and seeds.
I don't think I would have had any problem explaining it away (it was covered in dust) but just knowing how zealous the US boarder guards can be when it comes to dope certainly would have meant I would have been in for a very long night....

Now when I get a used car I start pulling stuff apart just to see if I can find anything stashed in it.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by 92DuallyCTD
Ugh ugh ugh!! Car thief cooties!!
LOL I totally busted up laughing when I read this! It's so true, too!
Old 08-16-2007, 12:34 PM

Believe it or not, they found her car. About 5 miles from my house in an apartment complex parking lot. The vehicle that crashed by my house was in fact stolen, so it looks like the guy took a SUV, crashed it, took her car, and then parked it in the parking lot. Gas was still the same, it was dirty as if it had been sitting etc. Nothing was taken except for her change, and she had just used most of the quarters so there was maybe 5 bucks in change lol. Cops dusted for prints and we are hoping they come back with a name so we can pay a little visit to this idiot. Just thought I would update the thread! She is lucky!!
Old 08-16-2007, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by durasmack
Its because you are dealing with the Sugarcreek Twp police.... enough said.
I laughed when I read this... no lie there....

Glad you found the car... I am surprised they are even taking prints... that is actually pretty expensive to do and they don't usually want to do it... I would be anxious to hear more about it.. let us know if they find anything... I will be in town this weekend, I could help you pay a visit... haha
Old 08-16-2007, 01:19 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Frustrating indeed. Most Police agencies are great at police work. Just give them some time. Unfortunately, its gonna take one of the others in the car to ID him to lock him up and get restitution. They will eventually talk after the pressure is on them for a while. Also, leaving the keys in the car is just asking for it anymore. We have to lock up everything in my 'hood'. Thieves are the lowest life form.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Muted User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
take it to the police station and have them search it with the dog and then get a written statement saying that it is clean. shouldnt be any problem with the cops after that.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:15 PM

Like they say, "a police officer has a split second to make a decision and act while the rest of us have an eternity to judge his actions."

Give 'em some time, they will figure it out. Even if they don't, what goes around comes around. Be glad you are not living the life of the jerk who did all this.

Quick Reply: What would you do...(long)