Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: What kind of pet?
Dog
78.29%
Cat
13.95%
Other
7.75%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

What kind of pets (if any) do you guys have?

Old 02-17-2006, 11:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have two worthless american short hair cats that stay indoors 100 percent of the time. I love dogs too, but my lifestyle just wouldn't be fair to a dog. I like to be able to travel and go when I want.........and the cats are fine for up to a week at a time. Dogs are great friends, but high maintenance. I don't want to leave it in my back yard all the time to be lonely or bother my neighbors barking.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:09 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Begle1
I have a little orange kitty cat called Garfield.
And if any of you harm Garfield I will tie you down with chain come-alongs, chop your arms and legs off with a 3/16 Proto screwdriver, cauterize the wounds with a soldering iron and force you to spend three weeks inhaling increasing concentrations of urea while you die from lead poisoning.

Cat haters.

Soooooo, I guessyou have read this??

101 Uses For A Dead Cat
Old 02-18-2006, 03:12 AM

You should have made more options........

Got two cats, "Mister" and "Whiner" , who rule the place...

"Daisey" a slightly brain-damaged Border Collie

"Wiley" our old Chow-Heeler mix

6 Foundation Quarter Horses

3 kids.......

oh...and a girlfriend.. does that one count???
Old 02-18-2006, 05:43 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
We have a 2 1/2 year old female Siberian Husky named Serena Belle..

She likes to dig holes all over the yard, under the table and right in the middle of the grass. She must eat the dirt because I can never find it to fill them back in.

She waits for me to get home and if I don't talk to her before she goes to bed she will howl, if I do not come soon she will pound on our sliding glass door with her paws until I come. I pet and talk to her then she goes into her igloo and goes to sleep. This is usually about 3:00 A.M. She is a good dog but I think she might have ADHD, sometimes when I call her she just stands there and looks at me.
Jim
Old 02-18-2006, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In order of seniority:
Abby - LARGE black and white cat whose queen of the house and knows it. Mostly lays around and hollars to be fed.
Ratz - small black and white cat with a severe Napolean complex. If you hold her to give her attention she will cuss and hiss somethin' fierce until you let her go, at which time she will turn around and come right back for more attention.
Mick - Border Collie/Australian Cattle Dog mix. The self appointed guardian of our daughter when out in public. He knows the rules of the house very well and has also taken it upon himself to keep the cats in line (i.e. when they scratch on the furniture, start rooting around in something that will probably end up broken on the floor.
Sandy - American Pit Bull Terrier. Our 70lb velvety hot-water bottle. This is a dog who never meets a stranger. If you ever come to our house, prepare to have your face covered in Bully kisses and your shins badly bruised by her tail.
Ody and Shiver - Our daughter's two rats. Amazingly smart little critters and very sweet. They don't bite unlike her other pet.
Haley - Our daughter's Dwarf Panda Bear hamster. This little girl was found outside a month or so ago by our next door neighbor's daughter. Apparently somebody had dumped her (most likely due to her actively seeking and attacking any human body part that enters her cage).

We've also fostered many Pit Bulls for Animal Rescue of Tidewater when we were still living in VA. Truly wonderful dogs and my favorite breed by far.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:05 AM

135# female brindle Bullmastiff...

Old 02-18-2006, 07:14 AM

I have 2 mastiffs, 1 lab, 1 german shepherd , 1 lab boxer cross, and 5 german shep / mastiff cross puppies. OOPS
Also 5 miniature donkeys. (See gallery)

Old 02-18-2006, 07:34 AM

Kelley, are those mini's or Sicilians?? The BOSS hasbeen trying to talk me intogetting one because she thinks they are "cute".....
Old 02-18-2006, 07:35 AM

No pets allowed at this apartment Can't wait to move to a house... My fiance and I will get a dog or two right away.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:42 AM

I have a cat he's 4 years old... I think I have a cat that is I see him around twice a month. He technically has me. I feed him when he comes home. He's basicly a loaner. Just took off one day and loves it out here. Sometimes he leaves things he's killed around. Just for us to know he holds his own. Nice Kitty!
Old 02-18-2006, 08:44 AM

Bullmastiff
Lab/Pit Bull Mix
Pomeranian
Austrailian Shepard
Beagle
3 Cats
1 Baby Snapping Turtle

Last edited by wingnut; 02-18-2006 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Add Pic
Old 02-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kelley15
...and 5 german shep / mastiff cross puppies.
Those should make some great dogs. If I didn't have my hands full with the two I already have I'd be interested in taking one of them off your hands.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by megajoltman
110lbs Doby

That is one beautiful Doby. I shouldn't have voted because we have multiples of each. 2 German Shepards and a Rottweiller Pup. Will be glad when the pup gets out of his chewing stage. Also we have 4 barn cats. 2 of which spend quite a bit of time on our back deck.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:27 PM

Kelley, are those mini's or Sicilians?? The BOSS hasbeen trying to talk me intogetting one because she thinks they are "cute".....

Chrisreyn, my donkies are sicilian. They are miniatures. they have to be under 36''. My Jack is around 31'' my females are larger . the biggest one is 35''.

Those should make some great dogs. If I didn't have my hands full with the two I already have I'd be interested in taking one of them off your hands.

Hoss,
I Just found good homes for my last 2 puppies today. Gave them away for free. Just made them pay for shots and worming. Going to the vet Monday then will be saying goodbye to the pups. My little girl wants to keep them.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:43 PM

I have 2 german shepherd dogs. Mack and Rika

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What kind of pets (if any) do you guys have?