Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: What kind of pet?
Dog
78.29%
Cat
13.95%
Other
7.75%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

What kind of pets (if any) do you guys have?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The girlfriend has a little Yorkee name Dudley ( A.K.A. PUD ), he's a pretty cool little dog and is actually abnormally large for a yorkee.........one of the reasons I like him.

Never been a fan of little dogs cuz the bark to much, but he's actually super mellow and only barks when he is playing with you. Incredibly smart dog!!

I'm thinking about getting another yellow or black Lab, I have always had labs growing up and miss having one..............hmmm maybe one day I'll go get me one!!

~Nick
Old 02-17-2006, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by diesel_burner
A real good friend of mine had an english mastiff. She was around 215. real nice dog. but if somebody she didn't know came knocking in the night she was at the door. That is the bread of dog I will get when the time come for me to get a dog.
I have had Mastiffs for 17 yrs. and will never have another breed! They are very protective, but not aggressive. When a stranger approaches they will come to me and stay between me and the stranger. It's really kind of neat, because you couldn't touch me unless I said it was ok, and calm the dogs. At the same time they will never go after the stranger. If you ever get one you will never regret it!!
Old 02-17-2006, 05:14 PM

Guess I'm the only one w/ a cat eh?
Old 02-17-2006, 05:17 PM

I had a cat for about 8 years before he got run over last year. Only have a couple fish for now. Hubby really wants a dog but we aren't home enough and live in an apartment without any real yard for it to run in.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a little orange kitty cat called Garfield.

And if any of you harm Garfield I will tie you down with chain come-alongs, chop your arms and legs off with a 3/16 Proto screwdriver, cauterize the wounds with a soldering iron and force you to spend three weeks inhaling increasing concentrations of urea while you die from lead poisoning.

Cat haters.

PETA convention this Saturday... I am happy, oh so happy, I am pretty, oh so pretty...
Old 02-17-2006, 07:25 PM

I have an english bully named Elvis.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:01 PM

I got nothin now b/c i live in an apartment and i couldn't have a dog with out it having room to go outside. Growing up, we had a mixed mutt from the pound that lived to 24 years old. She was a wonderful dog and was older then i am now. After she was put down due to cancer, we got a gorgeous Border collie, who we had to put down b/c her windpipe was constricting and she couldnt breathe around age 6. Now my parents have a 100# rottie, whose about 12, covered in tumors, and is the biggest loadcafe youll ever meet. loves to lay on the couch next to you. I sure do miss having a fuzzy friend next you all the time. Luckily, my best friend/neighbor has a 2yr old lab mix that i see all the time. God knows a dog is a mans best friend.

Right now we have the rottie, and three show horses that my sister rides in jumping events all over NY and the northeast

Last edited by EClancy; 02-17-2006 at 08:04 PM. Reason: add more
Old 02-17-2006, 08:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
One dog (Pomeranian) and two cats, one's a Rag Doll and the other is a Maine Coon.

MikeyB
Old 02-17-2006, 08:23 PM

Bear last week at just over 14 months old and 126 pounds.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
Is it a white german sheppard? if not what?
White Fang is a Siberian Seppla ( Big russian sled dog) about 100 pounds. He is 15 and gets around pretty good.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:53 PM

Mini schnauzer named...Toto....quite the rascal...

BTW Mega...that is one impressive Doberman!
Old 02-17-2006, 09:11 PM

Just got an 8 week old red miniture pincer, not really sure if that qualifies as a dog or not (3.4lbs)...............but he likes truck rides. Gave him a big dog name though, Jake.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:35 PM

Gee! The poll won't let me chose them ALL... We've got a veritable menagerie!

We've got a beautiful stray foundling collie?/sheltie?mix. He's a little too big for a pure sheltie, and a little too small for a full sized collie... We named him: Sir "Duffer" Jack. Truly a good dog.. I think foundlings appreciate being taken care of... Brave and fearless except for thunderstorms... Turns to a bowl of jello... We think he used to be chained up in a yard during storms...

4 cats, all foundlings:
Patches, (the Queen) Oldest daughter belongs to this one.
Bagheera, (he LOOKs like the big fat black panther on "The Jungle Book" movie)He's truly clueless...
Lizzy, picture a fluffy grey bottlebrush with cat ears and a huge fluffy squirrel-like tail... ALL CAT! Irritating as the day is long...
Mikey, named after Mike Wiszoski on Monsters Inc. (has one eye) really adorable... Even the VET thought SHE was a male!... Now named Michal .

2 guinea pigs (nope, they weren't foundlings)The male GP was a gift to the oldest dau. The female GP belongs to one of the twins.

1 pet mouse, (belongs to other twin).

1 teenage daughter, I list her because sometimes teenagers just aren't quite human...

All these critters are taken care of by a pair of 10yr old twin girls and occasionally by the teenager

K.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:10 PM

We have a Jack Russel/Border Terrier mix. Wonderfull dog So full of energy. She will curl up on your lap and tuck her muzzel under your arm while you are watching tv. First one to the door. Also likes to crawl under the blanket and curl up around your feet . Best foot warmer around. Will eat anything and be happy....except dog food.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:43 PM

Got 2 all black German Shepards, named Nya and Macy. Live outside in a kennel...roam the property most of the time. You come to my place, you better not get out of the truck unless I'm around.

Quick Reply: What kind of pets (if any) do you guys have?