Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What I've been doing lately

Old 01-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Whats a basement?
Old 01-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Whats a basement?
A hole in the ground, surrounded by concrete, with a house perched on top of it all. Usually contains water, mud or both. And the more you want it to be dry, the wetter it becomes.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
A hole in the ground, surrounded by concrete, with a house perched on top of it all. Usually contains water, mud or both. And the more you want it to be dry, the wetter it becomes.
Ahh I see, so similar to swimming holes down here. Cause with the first water table at about 15ft or so, thats pretty much what a South Louisiana basement would be....

Im with Mark though, looked like the end of a cattle trough that was cut for the fenders.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Ahh I see, so similar to swimming holes down here. Cause with the first water table at about 15ft or so, thats pretty much what a South Louisiana basement would be....
Wow, it's THAT deep? Our water table here at the farm is at about 3 feet and we have a basement that stays dry until we get lots of rain in the spring. I was under the impression that the water table in the south was pretty much at the surface.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:33 PM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The 302 air-pack is a nice unit with the exception that it is not FI. Miller promotes how good FI is then on their top of the line unit they don't put FI on it .. Confusing huh? hopefully they will soon as I like the all in one machine as it cuts down on footprints and weights..

Nice set up BTW..
Old 01-09-2011, 08:35 PM

Wow, it's THAT deep? Our water table here at the farm is at about 3 feet and we have a basement that stays dry until we get lots of rain in the spring. I was under the impression that the water table in the south was pretty much at the surface.
Well you head about six miles south of us and its just under the surface, its called the marsh land. More or less a mass of grass growing/floating on soupy mud/water mixture. Break through the grass and youll be sorry. Nother 8 to 10 miles south of that and its the gulf.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Colo_River_Ram
The 302 air-pack is a nice unit with the exception that it is not FI. Miller promotes how good FI is then on their top of the line unit they don't put FI on it .. Confusing huh? hopefully they will soon as I like the all in one machine as it cuts down on footprints and weights..

Nice set up BTW..
Thanks!

I couldn't afford the air pak's when I bought the Trailblazer. I wanted to get the Kubota for the 'blazer, but they wanted another 5 grand just for that! I figured 5 grand would buy a lot of Kohler's!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:38 PM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ahh I see, so similar to swimming holes down here. Cause with the first water table at about 15ft or so, thats pretty much what a South Louisiana basement would be...
We give you an indoor swimming pool and you complain about that too
Old 01-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Well you head about six miles south of us and its just under the surface, its called the marsh land. More or less a mass of grass growing/floating on soupy mud/water mixture. Break through the grass and youll be sorry. Nother 8 to 10 miles south of that and its the gulf.
I remember no matter where I was working in Florida, (back in the 80's), that we'd have to put in well points connected to a header pipe run parallel with whatever trench was being dug, even if it was only a few feet deep, just to keep it from filling with water. So that's why I figured it was high or just barley under the surface.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very Nice...

Don't know what you plan to do with it...I would like something like that, put me a tank/pump set up an lease that out during fire season.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Used to, when I built fence before I joined the Corps, I would hit water about digger deep. That was in normal areas, not wet or near ponds.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Looks good Scott

Put a couple DTR Stickers on it and it will add 25 hp and a couple miles per gallon per sticker. I have so many on my truck I have pull over every 100 miles or so just to drain fuel out of it
Old 01-10-2011, 12:12 AM
DTR Mom

heheeh^ funny.

scrap the purple stickers, keep the Tractor supply ones and go get some diamond plate!!! c'mon, you're the one with the 'adopted dad' in the steel supply!

why 231? no priority in your fleet? LOL kidding.

very nice. 10/2 or auto?
Old 01-10-2011, 01:54 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Nothing any idiot with a lot of time on his hands couldn't do... I'm living proof of that!
Ummm, you are talking to a guy who can’t install a dishwasher correctly and has welded a pair of vise grips to a tractor frame without even trying. Once again, nice work!

Originally Posted by wyododge
Yankee ingenuity at its finest.
That’s what I was thinking. Whenever I see some of the work that the more mechanically inclined people can do I start thinking there is hope for us all. Seriously!!
Old 01-10-2011, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
very nice. 10/2 or auto?
BITE YOUR TONGUE! Automatic indeed! Pfffft! It's a 10 spd. The stickers ARE gonna go, but so are the Tractor Supply logo's. The only reason I have anything on the truck from TSC is because they donated them, and that was the manager, not the corporation. We appreciated the donation and I throw the managers name out there when someone asks, but I really have no use for the corp. Their motto is "The stuff you need out here". It SHOULD be, "The stuff you need out here is never available at TSC".

Thanks for all the compliments everyone, I appreciate them!

Lary, I'll be ordering a case of those stickers. They DO have a warranty, right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What I've been doing lately