Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What is everyones problem these days?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is everyones problem these days?!

I just don't understand why people have so much hate these days. It seems like it gets worse everyday!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
Old 10-01-2008, 11:04 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sad .... It just keeps getting worse..Hmm could we be in the end times?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by ramlovingvet
Sad .... It just keeps getting worse..Hmm could we be in the end times?
depends on how you look at it ...

150 years ago slavery was legal and a GREAT many more horrible things like this were done every day ... legally

if all you look for in society is the ills

then that's all you'll see
Old 10-01-2008, 11:16 AM

I just don't get it, where did common courtesy go? I'm 37 years old and when I'm in public I still use ma'am and sir when I talk to a stranger. I hate even going out any more. People will bump in to you and never say excuse me or sorry 'bout that. Instead they give you the death stare or won't even acknowledge your presence.
Being on the highway is even worse,it's like a big game of screw your neighbor! A person shouldn't have to be on the defense every time he steps out the door! I thought us Americans where supposed to stick together and help each other out not beat each other down!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:30 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Stink eye.

I walk extensively in my neighborhood and greet people all of the time. Occasionally though I get the "stink eye". It's as if they are saying"how dare you?" I just avoid them after that.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hivoltage
... People will bump in to you and never say excuse me or sorry 'bout that. Instead they give you the death stare or won't even acknowledge your presence.
YOU'VE MET ME!

Seriously tho, I know just what you're saying. It's pathetic. Somewhere along the line we've lost common sense and courtesy, and in turn, our kids aren't being taught any either. The more generations that come into existance, the more we lose.

Sad.

The girl in the story you posted was just as 'wrong' as the guy who cut in front of her tho. At 16, I'd never DREAM of swearing at someone older than me, or at ANYONE in public. Not that it justifies hitting a woman, or in this case a young girl. That's another thing too, since when is it ok for a man to hit a woman?

chaikwa.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:31 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Originally Posted by 2broke2smoke
depends on how you look at it ...

150 years ago slavery was legal and a GREAT many more horrible things like this were done every day ... legally

if all you look for in society is the ills

then that's all you'll see
I know every generation has it woes but it has to happen sooner or later.. like a thief in the night.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:32 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Originally Posted by chaikwa
YOU'VE MET ME!

chaikwa.
Gee I wondered about the scary dude I saw in MI .. Mystery solved!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by hivoltage
I just don't understand why people have so much hate these days. It seems like it gets worse everyday!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
Hmm. Sounds like two inconsiderate individuals met and one got hit. What's surprising about that? Not saying it's right; just not surprising. Sounds like both of them need a lesson in how to act in polite society.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ramlovingvet
Gee I wondered about the scary dude I saw in MI .. Mystery solved!
Now, now! This look familiar? Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment. (John 7:24)

Just kiddin' with ya!

chaikwa.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:49 AM

This is so true. You can't go anywhere anymore without your guard on. Every time I go out, I'm already looking for the ones that are gonna start stuff. Went to the bar the other night with my gf, and its just ridiculous the way people are. Seems like someone wants to start a fight everywhere you look. Especially with all this MMA crap. People are goin and training for this stuff, then goin out in public trying to start stuff with people so they can use it. And people have no respect anymore. My gf told me the other day that some guy walked up and asked for her number. When she told him she had a bf, he said so, who cares, give me your number anyway. That ****** her off, so she just got in her truck, and he wrote his number on a piece of paper and gave it to her and said here, call me when you change your mind. Man I wish I woulda been there. Crap like this is just the way the world is now days. Gotta always be on guard
Old 10-01-2008, 11:57 AM

Don't agree with the man punching anyone, especially a young girl, but did ya notice that the girl started the confrontation with swearing at the guy??!! He may not have been paying attention and jumped in front of the girl unknowingly. Still no excuse for his reaction but it reminds me of an encounter I had at a gas station one time. I'm sitting there filling up with diesel and this car pulls up to a gas pump right next to the diesel pump. The driver starts to pump gas and out jumps the passenger who comes over to the driver and LIGHTS a cigarette while the driver is pumping the gas. I approached the two and said to the passenger that smoking at the pump wasn't such a good idea and that she should move away from the island to smoke. Well, the language that came out of the passenger's mouth telling me to mind my own EDIT business and who the EDIT did I think I was telling her what to do etc. etc. I went into the cashier and told them, they got on the intercom and told them not to be smoking at the island but do you think they listened?? Of course not and when I got back to my truck she was still smoking so I again said something like I didn't want to DIE today getting blown up by her stupidity and the profanities started flying again. Well, I gave her some profane language back calling her a EDIT. So after they're done pumping their gas they pull off to park by the side of the station. I'm still there cause I'm getting about 100 gals. of fuel and just about when I'm finished a State cop pulls up. He goes to their car first and then comes over to me with his ticket book telling me he is gonna write me for disturbing the peace by calling her what I did. I explain to him what happened, how I chose to try and use the management at the station first but they ignored them and so on. The cop lectured me on my approach and mannerisms but didn't write the ticket. He didn't write a ticket for them smoking at a gas pump either which is a Federal & State law as posted on the pumps.
Ya just can't say anything to anyone anymore. We've raised a pretty narcissistic generation who knows everything, the world revolves around them and that they can do no wrong. Whatever they want to do is their business no matter who or what is affected and ya better NOT even think about correcting them, even if you're their parents!! cause they'll probably call the law on your butt!!

Last edited by jrs_dodge_diesel; 10-02-2008 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Foul language
Old 10-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My son (16) told me of how a man spit on his car window and cussed him out because he thought he had parked too close to him. Welcome to the real (unfortunately) world.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should try working at a university in Canada. Talk about self centered, self serving people who think they know EVERYTHING and want EVERYTHING done for them, even their assignments. One guy came and asked me how to do his assignment in the library. I believe I asked him to google it...

Another asked me if I knew of any "safe" **** sites as all the ones that he goes to infects his computer...

Another asked that he only be contacted through his mother that lives 90 miles away. She had to drive down to pick up his computer from the help desk and deliver it to him. He lives in res...
Old 10-01-2008, 12:59 PM

we have some family friends whose 15 year old son was tubing behind a boat on a lake. all the wake they were creating was making a fisherman pretty mad I guess (his boat was being rocked back and forth repeatedly), he pulled up next to them when they were stopped and threatend to kill them all by strangling them with his fishing line unless they stopped tubing. its pretty sad.

Quick Reply: What is everyones problem these days?!