Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What does every one do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:What does every one do for a living?

Hi.<br>I'm Scott and I'm a go-getter.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>I take the wife to work.........<br>Then I go getter ;D :
Old 01-27-2003, 06:14 PM

I'm Ryan. I work as a Project Engineer for KYB, the shock and strut manufacturer, I also double as their second ride engineer, that was my previous job. I get to travel to the different proving grounds and play with prototype cars and trucks. One of these days, when finances permit, I want to return to the family farm, 1500 acres in NWC Indiana, where I grew up. I look for any excuse I can to go back and help out. For fun I tinker with the truck and collect farm toys.
Old 01-27-2003, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jerry here.
(actually Jerry Jr.)

I work in Television, local CBS affiliate known as KUTV channel 2 in the city of Salt Lake City (home of the 2002 winter olympic games) and live just south of Salt Lake in Sandy, named for it's horrible soil.
I'm the Chief Master Control Operator and my shift is M-F, 2-11pm, otherwise known as primetime, when the station makes all of it's money.
I like to tell my trainees &quot;if you make a mistake, 50,000 people know about it&quot;
Worked here for 15 years, got my skills from genetics rather than costly schooling.
Dad, Jerry Sr., has worked here for 17 years, but has been in TV or related support fields his whole life.
Yup, nepotism played a major part in my career choice. ;D

Divorced father of 2, son-11, daughter-9.
Just got custody of them after a 3 1/2 year battle.
Shouldn't have taken that long,
but my lawyer's stupidity is only surpassed by that of my Ex-Wife.

Have had my Dodge for almost 1 year (March 1st)
and have learned more from this site than anyone deserves to know.
I am a BOMBaholic, but lack funds to support my addiction. :'(
Would that make me a recovering BOMBaholic?

Plan to fall of the wagon face first come April :.

Phox_Mulder
(play on words from X-Files, which used to be a great show)
Old 01-27-2003, 06:47 PM

Hi I'm Erik,<br><br>I went to school in Grand Forks Nooorth Daakootaa (burr this time of year) and got a BS Mechanical Engineering degree. I work as the manager of the network engineering dept for AMEX in Minneapolis.<br><br>Besides riding herd on stupid people at work (not my employees though) my wife and I ride two horses. Ones a 5 year old paint and mine is a 14 year old quarter horse. Thats why we bought the CTD and traded up from the 96 1500 Dodge 318. We go to our cabin on Lake Winnie to relax, drink beer and fish. Golf when I can and did I say drink beer...
Old 01-27-2003, 07:14 PM
Z

Hi, my name is Tim and I live on Long Island. New York, that is. <br><br>Up until a couple of months ago I was integrating hardware and software into a PC based communications product used exclusively by the airlines for their Checkin and Boarding applications. <br><br>By the beginning of April my wife, two kids, one dog and I should all be settling into a new home in the Northern Kentucky area, just South of Cincinnati.<br><br>We're looking forward to this move, which is due to her job transfer, and I'm glad to see that there's a DTR Chapter not too far away that gets together on a regular basis.<br><br>Camping and beer, but not always together. <br><br>TO
Old 01-27-2003, 07:28 PM

Retired and enjoying the ride. Next month will make 40 years of marriage to the same lady. We have one son and daughter and four grandsons. Hobbies include fishing, camping, running the Alcan Hwy to points south and reading what you guys have to say.<br><br>Jerry
Old 01-27-2003, 07:43 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

My name's Don, grew up in Lansing Michigan. Started out trying for Architectural Drafting, then got sick of school. Went into the Army as a Forward Observer for the Artillery. I was the one calling in the enemy location and making sure they hit the target. Loved the Army, 2 years were in Germany. Decided to get out and apply for the Michigan State Police, and took a few more courses. Passed all the tests first time and was assigned to the Cadillac post as a trooper for a few years. Had a misunderstanding with my motorcycle (personal) one night and lost the argument. After a couple years off, they hired me back as an Emergency Dispatcher at the Rockford Post. Rockford is a Freeway Post and covers the Highways around Grand Rapids. We are also the district headquarters and process special team requests for our district, k-9, E.S., Lab, Bomb, etc. We answer cellular 911 calls, and patch any that are not traffic related through to local emergency services.<br><br>Hobbys range from Hunting to Trout fishing and if nobody has noticed, I let my creativity out through my chainsaws and wood working these days.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:57 PM

Well, I guess it's my turn. Very interesting collection of dieselheads out there. My name is Dave (obviously) and I live in the Northwest, really northwest, 20 miles south of Canada, on I-5. I retired from the USAF after 20 years (which includes 4 years in the USN) back in '87 and took on the second career of Electrician, IBEW, specializing, so it seems in, heavy industrial, like Oil Refineries and steel mills new construction. I've been fortunate to have a wife who has tolerated me for the past 38 plus years. 2 children, gone from home and making their own way in life, 1 grandchild (the pride of grampa's eye) and currently trying to learn more about this truck I own. Sites I belong to include DTR, NWBombers, IRV2 and lurk over on TDR. Lots to do, too little time to do it. <br><br>~Dave
Old 01-27-2003, 09:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when I'm not rodeoing, i do construction here in the kerrville area. Building buildings, fence and welding.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:37 PM

Hi guy's. Ed is my real name. Butch is a name I aquired when I was a little kid. Given to me by an uncle :P. I worked for about 12 years in the road construction industry. Excavator was my favorite machine to operate. I then moved into an equipment operator position for a local Municipality. After 12 years there I moved up the ranks to assistant foreman. I live in Manitoba Canada in a little town called Beausejour. I have a wife of 14 years three kids of my own 2 boy's oldest is 21 youngest one is 9 and one girl of 15 years of age. Along with my wife we also take care of 4 foster children. They range in age from 6 to 10 years old, and are 2 sets of brother's. They are all good kids, but at times they can be a handful. But hey at least theres never a dull moment. Bed time for the kids is our quite time.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:51 PM

Hi People<br> I live just outside of Duluth,Mn (have 10 acres) and have three kids, two girls ages 28 and 14, one son age 9, and one grandson born Dec 13 last year. Still married, and also have one dog and one cat. I am an hvac service tech for a local mechanical contracting company. In the last two years I have managed to get a Mn journeyman plumbing lic., Mn backflow lic., Mn journeyman pipefitter lic., and am going to try to get a &quot;power limited technician&quot; (low voltage electrical) lic. next week.<br>I enjoy going camping and fishing and really enjoy pulling my 26' fifthwheel and a boat behind that. As far as drinking, a case of beer lasts me about 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>Tom
Old 01-27-2003, 10:05 PM

WTH, I'll give it a go. Name's Rob and for a day job I build pipe organs for churches. Rehab old woodworking machinery as a sideline, have a small machine shop for kicks. Used to have hobbies, but somehow they got traded for a family.<br><br>Rob
Old 01-27-2003, 10:30 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

[quote author=MnTom link=board=10;threadid=10146;start=30#97253 date=1043725868]<br>Hi People<br> I live just outside of Duluth,Mn (have 10 acres) and have three kids, two girls ages 28 and 14, one son age 9, and one grandson born Dec 13 last year. Still married, and also have one dog and one cat. I am an hvac service tech for a local mechanical contracting company. In the last two years I have managed to get a Mn journeyman plumbing lic., Mn backflow lic., Mn journeyman pipefitter lic., and am going to try to get a &quot;power limited technician&quot; (low voltage electrical) lic. next week.<br>I enjoy going camping and fishing and really enjoy pulling my 26' fifthwheel and a boat behind that. As far as drinking, a case of beer lasts me about 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>Tom<br>[/quote]<br><br>Why don't you hook up that 5th wheel, come over camping, and help me work on the cabin this summer. Got 2 acres and a little frontage on a little trout stream(big browns,some brookies and rainbows), blue ribbon trout stream down the road, and some lakes close by. Did my own electrical, doing the plumbing, put in a new furnace (LP conversion in, runs good, but should get a pro to double check) and water heater. Never did most of this stuff before, learning as I go, but it's usually fun.
Old 01-27-2003, 11:25 PM

Mike here. I taught senior high school physics and math for 34 years and retired in 1998--still get called to supply teach and to mentor young teachers.<br>For the past 25 years, I have also been an elected councillor for the city of Stratford--home of the famous Stratford Festival. One of my contributions in that job has been as an activist for environmental improvements. My Cummins diesel is our highway cruiser and recreational vehicle with the 5th wheel behind. We have a lot of places to visit all across the USA and Canada over the next ten years. When not trucking, we love to spend time sailing the great lakes.

Quick Reply: What does every one do for a living?