Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Westpoint

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Westpoint

Lucky me I get to go play cadet for the next 4 years and I was just wondering if there were any westpoint grads on here with any advice for me. I'm active duty right now with 3 years in and 2 overseas tours, 1 korea and 1 Iraq but I'm a little aprehensive about starting all over and being treated like a little kid. Oh well I guess what don't kill ya only makes ya stronger.
-Adam
Old 05-24-2007, 12:56 PM

I'm not a West Pointer, but I think the hardest thing for you will be taking crap off of upper classmen. You got the ribbons to at least keep them off your six, but hazing is a tradition.
I would guess you are probably an E6, so they will make you a platoon leader or something.
Good luck. Two of my friends that I knew in VN who were grunts, retired as Generals, one through West Point.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:58 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No advise, but a "God Bless"and "good luck!!"
Old 05-24-2007, 01:22 PM

Did what you did only went through the Marines and then to the Naval Academy. One thing I can tell you is that you really shouldnt get quoted by the paper local to Westpoint saying how your biggest problem is going to be having to listen to some kid tell you how the REAL Army is going to be. Thats bad. I said words to that affect to a reporter when I showed up to USNA and it made for a bit of uncomfortable living for a while.

Other then that the only thing I can say is what my Uncle always says; Keep your head down and your *** even lower. Do what your supposed to and keep going forward. Good luck! Go Navy Beat Army!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 02:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Good luck to you.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:56 AM

I appreciate the advice guys, thanks
Old 05-28-2007, 07:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratulations! That is a big honor to get chosen.
You'll probably be to busy to notice but it's beautiful there in the Fall
when all the leaves change color.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:28 PM

Best of luck to you, hang in there and get your education. And always remember that a west point grad has many former grads pulling for you for the rest of your career. There is lots of power in that long gray line.
I grew up there 12 miles north of the post in Cornwall, and it is truly a beautiful area full of history.