Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Went to the dark side, be gentle

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Went to the dark side, be gentle

Mr. Flash bought me a new truck and yes it is a Ford. 2007 F-350 dually crew cab powerstroke 4.30 rear end. At least its red with lots of chrome and all the toys.
It was the only truck that would get us legal towing our fifth wheel without going to something bigger than a one ton. We did get the A plan pricing and saved a bundle so that was a big factor too.
I must admit it is a good looking truck and the creature comforts are great but it's no CTD. It's too quite and what you can hear sounds weird. I'm having a hard time bonding with it. I'm really ****** at Chrysler for not making a truck that has the same towing numbers as Ford!!!

Cleaned my stuff out of my Dodge yesterday and started crying, Mr. Flash thought I had lost my mind. I love my Dodge I'm really going to miss it.

Okay go ahead and give me a hard time about the powerjoke and get it over with, I've been dreading this for days.

Flash
Old 01-21-2007, 01:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the new ride. Hopefully it will provide you many trouble fee miles.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I'll say a cummins prayer for you, flash. Hope the ford does you well... Good luck.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Your still ok in my book hehehe.Good luck and I wish you all the best. Cin
Old 01-21-2007, 01:28 PM

Thanks y'all, I really appreciate the kind words and well wishes.

That's what I love about DTR we have a bunch of nice people hear!
Old 01-21-2007, 01:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good luck with the new ride, and don't leave us, keep us posted on the new truck.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Chapter President

FEATHER AND TAR HIM!!! TO THE RACK WITH HIM!!!!

Well good luck with it!! I have 17000 on my work truck and nothing yet......wait a minute.......where's that piece of wood I keep by the computer...oh, ok...anyhow, that 4.30 gear will get you around 81mph max and the service truck I use, the best fuel mileage so far, 11 mpg. Again, good luck and we understand why you had to buy a .....Fffff, ffffff, fffor...I'm sorry, I just can't say it..
Old 01-21-2007, 01:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Flashdancr
That's what I love about DTR we have a bunch of nice people hear!
Okay, enough of the mushy stuff. Turn in your DTR ID. You'll need to attend a debreifing and sign a bunch of legal waivers.

Hope it works out for ya....don't be a stranger. I didn't even know you were Mrs. Flash!
Old 01-21-2007, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by dodgeguy71
FEATHER AND TAR HIM!!! TO THE RACK WITH HIM!!!!

Well good luck with it!! I have 17000 on my work truck and nothing yet......wait a minute.......where's that piece of wood I keep by the computer...oh, ok...anyhow, that 4.30 gear will get you around 81mph max and the service truck I use, the best fuel mileage so far, 11 mpg. Again, good luck and we understand why you had to buy a .....Fffff, ffffff, fffor...I'm sorry, I just can't say it..
Your killin' me!!! I needed a good laugh!
Old 01-21-2007, 01:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dodgeguy71
.....We understand why you had to buy a .....Fffff, ffffff, fffor...I'm sorry, I just can't say it..
Go wash your mouth out with soap!
Old 01-21-2007, 01:44 PM
DTR Mom

Wink Hey it was a good deal.....

Good to see you Back, lady flash!

enh- the jury's still out on the F... I had use of my friend's and yes, I thought it was a confortable truck for two. I really did not care for the high torque in low gear then nothing.... I haul a lot of stuff by trailer or the big boat (30 footer 12,000 lbs) and just would not trust the new f... to handle it. signed , sealed, delivered, I'm dodge. (fords in the seventies, chevies is the eighties, first dodge in 96 and I am hooked!) F... tow trucks even, but not the new stuff, no way.

Please enjoy the ride of it, the look of it, and the accesserizing that you have a great taste for!! I am sure you will make it yours in two weeks!!
Heidi
Old 01-21-2007, 02:00 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey, deserter!!! Shame on you. Never met a lady who didn't have the power to sway "big boy" on his decisions. LOL

Just keep coming around once in a while and cook us up some of your great eggs - - OK????

Bob
Old 01-21-2007, 02:11 PM

Thanks Heidi,

I would have loved a new CTD but the numbers just are not there to tow our huge fifth wheel legally. The insurance companies are looking for any excuse not to pay a claim. You could be in deep do do if you had a wreck and the insurance company wouldn't pay off because you were over your GCVW.
I've talked to other Ford owners who have huge fifth wheels and they seem to be happy with their trucks towing ability. It seems with the 6.0 you get either a good one or a bad one. Hopefully we have a good one. I know that even if it is a good 6.0 it still won't hold a candle to the Cummins.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Isn't it possible to get a truck's weight ratings upgraded?

We have Cindy now, though, so I guess that means we don't need the old female members anymore...
Old 01-21-2007, 02:34 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by Begle1
Isn't it possible to get a truck's weight ratings upgraded?

We have Cindy now, though, so I guess that means we don't need the old female members anymore...
do you just like living dangerously??? Use the word "old" and "female" in the same sentence...

Quick Reply: Went to the dark side, be gentle