Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Watercooler/Skuttlebutt - Sept. 24 thru 30

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 04:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Watercooler/Skuttlebutt - Sept. 24 thru 30

Good Morning DTR.

Just got it at 0330 from working in the shop.

Time to catch a few Zzzzs and then get packed for a trip to Fairfield Texas for the week.

Y'all stay safe and keep the shiny side up.

Old 09-24-2006, 07:00 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Sunday moning, up @ 0500 with the dogs, Min-Pins walked, paper read, morning news watched, on cup-o-coffee number 3.
Rain in this afternoon's forecast.
Almost time to start weed-whacking & cutting grass.
(Payback for the noisy "Animal House" neigbors that came home at 3:30 this morning and woke us up with the slamming doors, hollering, and the car alarm that went off)
Wish I had some Jack Hammering to do..............

Ya'll enjoy what's left of the weekend.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mornin' all.
Looks like a nice day here today. Had some (alot) of rain yesterday. Of course, we were at the deer lease working on stuff during the big deluge. Oh well, we really need it.
Speaking of the deer lease, I have a question: Is it wrong to moon your buddy's game camera? (I hope not )
Going to take the wife to breakfast and then go to Bass Pro Shops (last week's trip got cancelled).

Later,
~Rob
Old 09-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by hotdram
Mornin' all.

Speaking of the deer lease, I have a question: Is it wrong to moon your buddy's game camera? (I hope not )

Later,
~Rob
Not at all, in fact I enquorage people to do things like that to the security cameras I have located around this mountain top. That gives me some really cool pictures I can pass around town to all their buddies at the lodge With a little creative photo shop work your buddy should be able to make that photo appear as though you are doing FAR more than just mooning the camera....

Good way to become famous in a hurry
Old 09-25-2006, 12:49 AM

Well, just rolled into Corsicana, TX after a 270 mile drive. Smooth trip w/ only 3 accidents in Dallas (at 11:00 pm) to maneuver around. Time for some more Zzzzs and then off to work in the AM.

Sleep well.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:36 AM

WAKE UP DTR!!

Where's a real trash can when one needs it?!?!? This little plastic thing in the hotel room wouldn't wake anyone up if I threw it!!

The Janitor hasn't checked in yet this week so you're stuck with hotel instant coffee. IV drip started.

It's gonna be a long week today. No word from the office yet about how the system conversion went over the weekend. Guess I'll have to go find out for myself.

Stay safe and try not to stress about things over which you have no control {yeah, right}.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:51 AM

WHO'S MAKING ALL THAT RACKET THIS EARLY ON A MONDAY MORNING?
Geeeeeeze, I NEED my beauty sleep...........

Coffee's ready, (we just hid the GOOD stuff), 'puters are logged in, work tasks printed out, and getting ready to get out and get going.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Coffee's ready,
Who made this slop in the pot? It POURS! Coffee ain't s'posed to POUR!~ Nevermind, I'll toss it and make some REAL stuff in a minute.

I'm in Massachusetts now for the next 3 weeks. There are more people, houses and cars here everytime I come back. There were as many cars on the highway here at 2AM as there are during 'rush-hour' back in Michigan. I was born and raised here, but it ain't home anymore!

I never sleep that well out here, so the coffee should be ready bright and early every mornin'! (just givin' ya sumpthin' to look forward to! )

chaikwa.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:09 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gets kinda funny when Chaikwa's stressin'. That left eye gets twitching so fast it blows out his pipe like a fan....

Just wrapping up a couple weeks off. Not much of a vacation. Went through some vehicle issues. Finally got some fishing in Saturday and Sunday. Fished with a few guys from the Fly tying forum. Some from down state, a couple from W.Virginia. and Ohio. ALso started building a wood boiler stove last week. Should be done soon and I'll get some pictures. Back to the coffee.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Redleg
Gets kinda funny when Chaikwa's stressin'. That left eye gets twitching so fast it blows out his pipe like a fan....
Yeah, a regular riot it is!

You're buildin' a wood boiler eh? We NEED to see pics of that! (hurry up!)

chaikwa.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Who made this slop in the pot? It POURS! Coffee ain't s'posed to POUR!~ Nevermind, I'll toss it and make some REAL stuff in a minute.

I'm in Massachusetts now for the next 3 weeks. There are more people, houses and cars here everytime I come back. chaikwa.
Bout time you came out of hiding. The coffee has been terrible. Even with bristles in it tis better than this stuff.

Rain finally stopped, still cloudy with some sun peaking in once in a while. Now, maybe I can get out and find that elk herd late this afternoon. Pretty country.

Have fuf,

Bob
Old 09-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Bout time you came out of hiding. The coffee has been terrible. Even with bristles in it tis better than this stuff.
A glowing endorsement if I've ever heard one!

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Have fuf, Bob
'Fuf'? What's 'fuf'? Sounds like you've been having a little TOO much 'fuf' down there! Either that or a little too much of that foo-foo coffee!

chaikwa.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:59 AM

A glowing endorsement if I've ever heard one!
chaikwa.

UMMMMM....Dude,...I think we've found the problem,

Coffee ain't Supposed to glow.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
UMMMMM....Dude,...I think we've found the problem,
Coffee ain't Supposed to glow.
No,no. The ENDORSEMENT was glowing, not the coffee. My coffee doesn't... ah nevermind!

chaikwa.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My coffee doesn't... ah nevermind!
You are right about that! Your coffee doesn't!

Not that you are out of town I'll be making the coffee. There is no need for you to worry, I'll make it better than you and I'll get named Senior DTR Janitor.

(I smell a coop in the making)

Quick Reply: Watercooler/Skuttlebutt - Sept. 24 thru 30