Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

"The Water Cooler" Oct 16 - 22

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 10:35 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't usually get to post to the monday edition.

Took the Ranger up to Crown King yesterday (30 miles of knarly, non-maintained road). Came across some unfotunate people with two flats on one truck(8+ total people and 4 trucks). They were very well on their way to drunksville. Long story short I tried to go around one of the "gentleman" as he was reminding me what an |$%^&*| as well as a |%$(*&89| I was. My Ranger got top heavy and tipped into his Excursion. Not before crushing my left foot because I thought I was Scotty and could stop 1100# falling objects.

So anyway, no sleep last nite and I have a doctors appt at 10:40 to take X-Rays.
tom
Old 10-17-2005, 11:32 AM

Gettin' to be chow time here, hey PW, you got any ham and cheese sammiches in the goat locker?

~Rob
Old 10-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just had bef tips on noodles with a side order of fries washed down with Cranberry juice. MMMmmmmm...
Old 10-17-2005, 12:42 PM

Nah Rob .... just some PB&J on really old bread. I just did a raid on the MWR locker ... some good stuff in there !!!

Niiiiice ... first day of the week and it has already gone over 12 hours. Can't wait to see what the other 6 days are gonna bring. And to top that off .... I can't put any smilies in my DTR posts today. Somebody's messin wit my brainpan again.

Oh well ... eyeballs are crossing anyways. Time to sneak a quick nap.

PISTOL
Old 10-17-2005, 12:52 PM

Monday morning, and I am in Portland OR, with daughter and grandaughter. She is 3, so I can teach her things he he he
Looks like it will be a nice day, when i bail her out of day care prolly go to the zoo or the park or some other fun things.
Local paper sez gas prices down, and diesle price up about 2 cents.
Did get some of the stuff out of storage, and rearanged the cargo trailer, as another daughter has a house in Texas. So be leaving in Nov to take it to her. Then later go back to Germany.
Being retired, and have a lot of stuff to get caught up.

Scotty, good to hear you are on the mend.

Tfore, keep outta trouble in them wild places. Hope you gonna be OK

Davey
Old 10-18-2005, 05:20 AM
Administrator

ALright folks, pop tall and turn too.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:06 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Dieseldude4x4
ALright folks, pop tall and turn too.
Kick back and turn in.

Morning news is reporting the first general aviation flight into Regan National airport since 09-11-01 is due to touch down in the next 1/2 hour.
Now your Congressman doesn't have to schlep all the way to Baltimore or Dulles to catch a flight out of town.
No single engine Private planes allowed (common peasants),,,,,just multi-engine jets allowed.
($$$$ talks, everyone else takes commercial flights).

Y'all B safe,
Old 10-18-2005, 06:10 AM

Howdy all,
Back at the grind again. Tired and can't sleep worth a darn with my wife off in PA visiting relatives. Can't wait 'til she comes home tomorrow, I won't have to cook, clean, do laundry, make my lunch. Hey wait a minute, no wonder I am so tired.

Chris, how did that "situation" at work turn out? Has Bob got your barn painted yet?
Joel, what is the countdown to get home? ANd a weeks worth of vacation?? I thought you were on 2 weeks now up there in CT

Fresh pot on,
come 'n get it
~Rob
Old 10-18-2005, 06:12 AM

Dieseldude, all you’ll get out of me is ease up short and turn to the

Tfeore hope that foot is feeling better today.

dissimeck are you teaching your granddaughter things like here’s two cookies sweetie eat one and smash the other one in the carpet! Grandkids are too much fun and a good way to make your kids pay for their raising.

A chilly 46 deg. in NC this morning. Time for this Texan to get out the long johns. Cold weather!

Y’all have a good one!
Old 10-18-2005, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Kick back and turn in.

Morning news is reporting the first general aviation flight into Reagan National airport since 09-11-01 is due to touch down in the next 1/2 hour.
Now your Congressman doesn't have to schlep all the way to Baltimore or Dulles to catch a flight out of town.
I'm so happy for them.

($$$$ talks, everyone else takes commercial flights).

Y'all B safe,
That has to be the scariest airport in the country to fly into. Takes quite a dive at the end to stay out of the controlled airspace.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:53 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by jfpointer
That has to be the scariest airport in the country to fly into. Takes quite a dive at the end to stay out of the controlled airspace.
Yup, When they come in from the East, they basically fly right over my office.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:01 AM

Yup, When they come in from the East, they basically fly right over my office.
How do you ever get any sleep???

~Rob
Old 10-18-2005, 08:16 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Originally Posted by hotdram
Chris, how did that "situation" at work turn out?
~Rob
Rob, I talked it over with my manager and have filed a greivance...first time Ive ever done anything like that, not sure how its going to turn out. The supervisor in question has violated Federal Law, so I think it should be pretty open and shut.
Been off work since last Thursday after dislocating a vertabrae trying to pretend I was Scotty and pick up a rather large (2X3X3 Foot) rock out of the yard.
Going back to the Doc this morning to see if I can go back to work yet.
It has let me spend some time with the BOSS, so there is an upside..
Good Mornging America ran a story on Bio-Deisel this morning, angled at its use as home heating oil. Showed an appleseed processor and how they "brewed". Was interesting.....
Well I am off to see the spine-cracker, y'all have a good'un and keep the hot..
Old 10-18-2005, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Been off work since last Thursday after dislocating a vertabrae trying to pretend I was Scotty and pick up a rather large (2X3X3 Foot) rock out of the yard.
hot..
What's with you guys pretending to be Scotty. Doesn’t sound like it's working for y'all. OUCH!!

Chrisreyn hope you get your back straightened out soon.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:56 AM
Chapter President

Well the foot aint broken. That's good because a orthapedic(sp) is hard to come by on short notice. That would have been cause to re-brake what aint broken...

Sorry, the percacet makes both the foot and the mind numb....
Crutches make it easier to get around but the bruises under my arms make me wonder which is worse. Oh well, hopefully back at it hard Wednesday. Looks like another good day surfin'
tom

Quick Reply: "The Water Cooler" Oct 16 - 22