Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler May 4th - 10th

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 07:52 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Water Cooler May 4th - 10th

Mornin Campers.<br>Here it is , fresh off the keyboard.<br>This week's &quot;Cooler&quot; thread.<br><br>Cloudy, and calling for rain today.<br>Gooood day to sit, sip coffee, and &quot;Veg&quot; out in front of the monitor. <br><br>Have a great DTR day. 8)
Old 05-04-2003, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Water Cooler May 4th - 10th

Good AM. I'm at work and the weather bug says chance of rain with high of 47. Have a good Day everyone.
Old 05-04-2003, 08:08 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yup, rain comin in here today too. 1-3 inches they say plus maybe some nasty stuff. I'm at work, gettin an education on the site, and the wife is home mowing the yard .<br><br>Have a great week everyone,<br><br>Ed
Old 05-04-2003, 08:15 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

You gotta be kiddin'. Not all ready. Another week? I didn't finish the last one. Oh well, blinker on, move over, let me in, might as well join the crowd and rush into another week.<br><br>Good Mornin' DTR. <br><br>StillInLastWeekBob
Old 05-04-2003, 08:18 AM

well its clear hear today as of right now. wife and kid are out already and im just hanging with the dog. truck is on its way finally. im looking forward to doing some traveling to my surounding states and meeting some of the other members. have a good day and keep the rain by u as long as u can.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

8:52am,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, &quot;Slept on your shirt tail this mornin, huh Ed?&quot;<br><br> Me too! ;D The sun is out, but it ain't getting too warm, too fast. I should get out and do something constructive since I was in &quot;veg&quot; mode yesterday. : Well,,,,,,,,,, maybe I'll wait till after lunchtime. Of course I could always wait till Monday since I don't have to go to work till midnight,,,, Then again,,,,,,,, I should probably rest up for the night shift,,,,,,, [undecided] Decisions,,,decisions,,,,decisions,,,,,
Old 05-04-2003, 09:55 AM

Naw Dennis, Just &quot;otherwise occupied&quot; this morning.<br><br>My turn to make breakfast, and let the dogs out. <br>
Old 05-04-2003, 01:48 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

&gt; Well I hope you all have had a better weekend than me &gt;... To start things off on friday I get the ok from the wife to order a few things for the truck. So saturday morning she blows up cause she found out I was waiting for Rod to call so I can place the order. ???.. Now I am dumbfounded by her reactions, we have a heated debate about it as &quot;she&quot; is getting ready to go camping with her sister and girlfriend. I finally bow down, (cause I think she is crazy ) and go out to the garage to hang new shop light's. She leaves for the weekend without saying goodbye or a hug, great now I am fuming and decide when Rod calls I am going to order the stuff anyway! :P... Well Rod being the nice guy he is, call's and say's put the brakes on a bit and call me back when you are sure she will not kill you. &quot; Thanks Rod, it was probly the right call&quot;..... So I go out and buy myself a nice big steak and shrimp dinner, yummy, made me feel better but still kinda mad about everything. I get up really early this morning and am calmed down enough to do the brake job on her Jimmy. Well I don't have any anti brake squil silicone, so off to the parts store, I buy what I need and write a check and come home. I pull out the loaded caliper's only to find out the part's store in Anchorage (60 miles away) gave me the wrong caliper's. &gt; :'(.... Now I am back to being &quot;CRABBY&quot; again, I call the part's store where I was just at and they have 1 set of loaded caliper's, so I run back into town and they are &quot;MORE EXPENSIVE&quot; than the ones I allready bought &gt;. I get them anyway cause I have the rig tore down allready, I write them a check for the amount ($193.00) the lady tells me &quot;I CAN'T EXCEPT THIS CHECK, DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER WAY YOU WOULD LIKE TO PAY?&quot; Now I am fiurious! I said I was just here 1/2 hr ago and there was no problem. So I paid with the credit card, come home, get online to find out I have over 5 grand in my account, and my &quot;wife&quot; has been spending money online with that medical place again! &gt; which is what got us into trouble a few weeks ago. Sorry for rambling on, but I JUST NEEDED TO VENT! I hope she decides to stay another night out there, I am one unhappy dude. &gt;<br><br><br>You all have a great week!
Old 05-04-2003, 06:04 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

7th Monday this week. Only 5 more to go. Had to work this weekend, but was able to get some &quot;homers&quot; done. Picked up 60 nice 8&quot; x 8&quot; x 6' concrete posts. Not real sure what I'm gonna do with them, but I have them in case I find a use. I don't understand why the truck grunted when I carried them to the shop. After all, 15,000 lbs + shouldn't be a problem.<br>Got the OK for the shooting competition in August. The guille suits ought to be real comfy then. Hope to have around 200 shooters. Got 85,000 rounds of ammo ordered. If any of you are going to be in the central Arkansas area around the 22nd of August, give me a hollar and I'll give you a tour.<br>OBTW, while cleaning out my storage shed, I came across some 7.62mm x 39 ammo. Soft point and ball. If interested, let me know. Might work out a trade.<br>Outa here for now.<br><br>shortround out
Old 05-04-2003, 09:11 PM

Evenin' All<br>Went to a friends house to help him evacuate and charge his new a/c. Got there and he didn't have ANYTHING done yet. Didn't get much done around here, but his a/c works.<br>Forcast is for 50*, rain, winds up to about 40mph on monday................ Chances are I will be outside working for a while
Old 05-05-2003, 01:37 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

[quote author=02DSLDOG link=board=10;threadid=14332;start=0#134827 date=1052074123]<br> &gt; Well I hope you all have had a better weekend than me &gt;... To start things off on friday I get the ok from the wife to order a few things for the truck. So saturday morning she blows up cause she found out I was waiting for Rod to call so I can place the order. ???.. Now I am dumbfounded by her reactions, we have a heated debate about it as &quot;she&quot; is getting ready to go camping with her sister and girlfriend. I finally bow down, (cause I think she is crazy ) and go out to the garage to hang new shop light's. She leaves for the weekend without saying goodbye or a hug, great now I am fuming and decide when Rod calls I am going to order the stuff anyway! :P... Well Rod being the nice guy he is, call's and say's put the brakes on a bit and call me back when you are sure she will not kill you. &quot; Thanks Rod, it was probly the right call&quot;..... So I go out and buy myself a nice big steak and shrimp dinner, yummy, made me feel better but still kinda mad about everything. I get up really early this morning and am calmed down enough to do the brake job on her Jimmy. Well I don't have any anti brake squil silicone, so off to the parts store, I buy what I need and write a check and come home. I pull out the loaded caliper's only to find out the part's store in Anchorage (60 miles away) gave me the wrong caliper's. &gt; :'(.... Now I am back to being &quot;CRABBY&quot; again, I call the part's store where I was just at and they have 1 set of loaded caliper's, so I run back into town and they are &quot;MORE EXPENSIVE&quot; than the ones I allready bought &gt;. I get them anyway cause I have the rig tore down allready, I write them a check for the amount ($193.00) the lady tells me &quot;I CAN'T EXCEPT THIS CHECK, DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER WAY YOU WOULD LIKE TO PAY?&quot; Now I am fiurious! I said I was just here 1/2 hr ago and there was no problem. So I paid with the credit card, come home, get online to find out I have over 5 grand in my account, and my &quot;wife&quot; has been spending money online with that medical place again! &gt; which is what got us into trouble a few weeks ago. Sorry for rambling on, but I JUST NEEDED TO VENT! I hope she decides to stay another night out there, I am one unhappy dude. &gt;<br><br><br>You all have a great week!<br>[/quote]<br><br>WE FEEL YOU PAIN!<br><br>
Old 05-05-2003, 05:40 AM

Monday AM and Wifey's been dropped off at work.
I'm sittin' at home right now, but not for long........ [undecided]
Lottsa &quot;stuff&quot; to do today. :
Is it just me, or do we all seem to be busier on our days off than we are at work?

Have a great DTR day. 8)
Old 05-05-2003, 06:51 AM

Good Morning DTR<br>Another week in the pits <br>Is this really necessary??
Old 05-05-2003, 08:21 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Good Morning DTRonians Home from the lake, sure was peaceful up there! I can't wait till it warms up just a wee bit more so I can go stay a week or two or three ;D<br><br> Hope everybody has a wonderful day to day!<br><br>Fax's Huey some fresh éclairs.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:06 AM

Good Morning all. Just got home from the lake. Man sure is nice to fly myself up there so I can come home Monday mornings and still make it to work ontime! Well my weekend was pretty uneventful I tool my 73 year old grandfather for a plane ride saturday in my DHC 2 on amphibs to his old house about 1 hour from my cottage he took some pictures and had a great time. That makes me really happy that he can enjoy himself and have a great ride. I greased the landing when we got back to my lake so I was proud when he leaned over my shoulder and said great job! Anyways thats about it. Flew home this morning at 6:30 got in at 7:00 at the airport sure beats the 2 1/2 hour drive up there! Made it to work for the usual time. Had a leaking pump on my truck I rebuilt this morning already and need to tidy some wiring in the box. I am running Don's injectors and loving them! Anyways everyone have a great DTR day.

Quick Reply: Water Cooler May 4th - 10th