Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler June 8-14

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 07:24 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Water Cooler June 8-14

Wake up sleepyheads!!!!!!<br>Dang, locked up all Shortround's trashcans and can't find the key...... : <br>Might see the sun for a few minutes today....... ;D ;D<br><br>Here's the new one for the week.....enjoy.<br><br>Have a great DTR day. 8)
Old 06-08-2003, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Water Cooler June 8-14

Glad that the trashcans aren't flyin this morning 8).<br><br> Looks like a good day to break out the canoe and the fishing poles and put a hurtin on the Mangrove Snappers.<br><br>Cheers ...<br>PISTOL
Old 06-08-2003, 08:50 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good week everybody! Finally my Friday at work. Can't wait till quittin time. My head is thumpin. I would really like to borrow some toys from Shortround. Watch out everybody!
Old 06-08-2003, 09:33 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Woo Hoo I leave for Claremont in a round about way this Friday. ;D
Old 06-08-2003, 10:02 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

Morning everybody! ;D<br><br>As for my day today consisted of lots of work and tanning- Isn't it cool to have a notebook and a nice sunny balcony ;D <br><br>This and next weeks programme say that I am to clean and shine my truck- putting even more envy on the streets of Austria<br><br>Have a nice week!<br><br>PS- shortround- could you send me some of your toys as a parcel- I have a kind of discussion with our IRS coming up <br><br>AlpineRAM
Old 06-08-2003, 02:42 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Toys ???<br>May I ask what kind of toys?<br>Things that go bang,<br>Things that can fly,<br>Things you can't see<br>and make you wonder why.<br>Things that blow up <br>in glitter and gore.<br>Things you can't get<br>at a Wally World store.<br>Things that make old grunts young<br>with the thoughts of the fun.<br>Things that you can play with<br>if you join us while you're young.<br>Things in different shades<br>of green, gray, and blue.<br>Things that keep us safe<br>in the old Red, White, and Blue.<br><br>Pulled that one out of my **** <br><br>Just finished unloading all the stuff. Truck(Army one not mine)<br>decided to go Tango Uniform just as I pulled through the gate. The old pig doesn't like to run on JP-8/water/rust mix. Someone else is going to drop both fuel tanks, change ALL the filters, and rework the injector pump. The fuel in one take looked like old coffee with just a touch of cream in it and smelled like Tops feet after a month in the field.<br>Had a good shoot. 300+ kids involved in shotgun, rifle, muzzle loader, archery, field crafts, and map reading. Kinda bad to have an 11 year old show you your mistakes on map reading. Tends to may one a bit humble.<br>Outa here for now.<br><br>readyforacoolrefreshingadultbeverageSh ortround out
Old 06-08-2003, 07:16 PM

Hay Shortround,

Here is one of the newest additions to my toybox.

7.62 on a Remington 700 action, Leupold Vari-X III 30mm 8.5-25x LRT target dot and a Mcmillan Stock.

Shot one of the team magnums last year at Quantico and that thing kicked my butt. Shot good but had to rebuild my position after every shot.

Get to try it out at 1000yds at the end of the month. 5 shot groups at 200yds are about the size of a quarter off the bench.

can'twaittogoshootbutch

Edited by Moderator

Old 06-08-2003, 07:29 PM

Right nice of the manufacturer to provide a 6-pack holder on top of the rifle.
Nice lookin' tack-driver Butch.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:26 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas

Butch,<br>How are you bedded? Just the action or did you go full length on the stock? We took heat shrink tubing, placed it around the barrel, and filled the stock for the entire length with Bisonite. Snugged everything down. Waited. Popped the barrelled action out of the stock, cut the shrink tubing off and went to work. It's a steel impregnated epoxy and stiffens the heck out of the stock. Some of our M-24's were able to shrink groups by a good 2 inches at 1000. Seemed to cut down on the resonance of the barrel. Got one that will shoot a hair over 6&quot; at 1000. Remington wants it back to test it. I think it's nothing more than a barrel that's one of those 1 in a 1000. It air guages at .3079 - .3082 over the length. Very tight. Gonna hang on to it. Too many times things get &quot;misplaced&quot; when you send them off.<br>What bullets are you shooting? I'll get with our long range shooters and see what loads they're using.<br><br>shortround out
Old 06-09-2003, 06:44 AM
Administrator

Mornin ya'll. Back on decent human being hours for a little while anyway. Fax is all gummed up from the left over food, guess I'll have to get another.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:51 AM

This one is action bedded with marinetex. I'll have to let my mechanic know about that method.<br><br>That is one tight barrel. Hang on to that one.<br><br>I've got a good mechanic. Retired Marine armorer with the big team in Quantico. One of the M1A's he built still holds the interservice record.<br><br>Not sure how it does at 1000 yet, will find out up in Quantico at the end of the month.<br><br>Time to make it look like I'm actually working. Have a good one all.<br><br>Wanders off to find the coffee....<br><br>
Old 06-09-2003, 06:51 AM

AHHHH Mondays...... <br>Heckofaway to spend 1/7th of your life......... <br><br>The sun is supposed to make an appearance today. ;D<br><br>Have a great DTR day. 8)
Old 06-09-2003, 07:08 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

zzzzzzzzzz, I leave for Claremont in a round about way in...four more sleeps.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mornin DTR Folks,,,,<br> The SUN is out! ;D I start the work week @ 1400 today for my week of 4 by 12's. I guess I'll go out and put my new county sticker on the truck since the daughter said they have roadblocks set up checking for stickers, wearing seatbelts, and various other checks. : Wonder if I should try to find a slip in baffle for the straight pipe on RATTLIN?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Yeah,,,, right! : <br><br>Have a nice da everyone! ;D
Old 06-09-2003, 10:49 AM

Morning or is it afternoon. Came in logged on and then had to go right to work. I hate having to do that . We have sunshine, but are expecting more rain today. I think my yard is turning into a hayfield <br><br>I need lunch!! <br><br>

Quick Reply: Water Cooler June 8-14